Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Myrtle Beach has a long history of keeping bad publicity quiet. I don't foresee a potentially sensationalist trial like this occurring during the high tourist season. They will find a way to put it off until after Labor Day.

Myrtle Beach has a long history of keeping bad publicity quiet. I don't foresee a potentially sensationalist trial like this occurring during the high tourist season. They will find a way to put it off until after Labor Day.

Do I remember reading that Judge Dennis is supposed to retire soon? Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing for the trial to be delayed until after his retirement. (I can't remember where I read it--somewhere on HE's websleuth threads--maybe Hoppy knows?)

Any thoughts on why no trial date has been set? Seems strange for this to be just dangling out there.

As a somewhat local, a trial might make me visit sooner!

Especially with an attractive missing young woman, vanished like Brittany Drexel, yet more sensational because of the M's. Good point.

I can't imagine any defense lawyer would be on board with prolonging his client's confinement and accused status because it's tourist season. I suspect there is more going on with the delay than this.

As I suspect there is more going on with the disappearance of Heather than two nuts careened onto a boat landing and took control of and killed their victim in record time. And then she vaporized. And they went home.

I can't imagine any defense lawyer would be on board with prolonging his client's confinement and accused status because it's tourist season. I suspect there is more going on with the delay than this.

As I suspect there is more going on with the disappearance of Heather than two nuts careened onto a boat landing and took control of and killed their victim in record time. And then she vaporized. And they went home.

jillycat, what do you suspect happened and is going on? I would love know.

Just had a disturbing thought. If this case did indeed go to a Directed Verdict, and not a trial, would the gag order still exist if for example the M's were found innocent? Upon researching "gag order" it's terms are different in every situation and/or case...

Just had a disturbing thought. If this case did indeed go to a Directed Verdict, and not a trial, would the gag order still exist if for example the M's were found innocent? Upon researching "gag order" it's terms are different in every situation and/or case...

There is still a trial if there is a directed verdict, but only the prosecution presents its case. The defense then moves for a directed verdict before they present their case, and if granted, they don't have to do anything. AFAIK the gag order is irrelevant once the trial starts.

A judge can elect to keep a gag order in effect through a trial. It's done all the time to prevent grandstanding to the media by the lawyers on the case (both sides).

He (or someone on his staff) must be reading here because it went down right after you posted. :rollercoaster:

I was trying to be facetious when I posted the link to Truslow's new website's News page. The link directed to a page that which was a "work in progress" with "filler" Lorem Ipsum text. The joke was that the "New News" being the nonsensical dummy text...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In ligula justo, laoreet ac orci vel, fermentum varius lorem. Vivamus lobortis justo vel tortor suscipit, vitae vehicula justo fringilla. Donec maximus est ac rhoncus convallis. Nulla dignissim vulputate lacinia. Curabitur condimentum dui sed libero cursus elementum. Vestibulum dignissim erat ut aliquet volutpat. Quisque id orci vehicula, bibendum urna ut, posuere magna. Nam elit lectus, pellentesque et viverra at, accumsan eget lacus. Cras molestie ac neque nec molestie. Fusce vitae elementum sem. Sed non porta dolor. Ut placerat nulla lectus, vel rutrum arcu aliquam sed. Ut viverra augue mi, id mattis leo viverra sit amet. Vivamus vel hendrerit diam. Curabitur justo lacus, faucibus in faucibus hendrerit, vehicula in sem.

Anyway, I just clicked on the link I posted and it looks like more progress has been made on his site with some actual articles about the M's and the case.

A little bit of new/old reading if you will. :rolleyes:

http://attorneytruslow.com/news.html

I was trying to be facetious when I posted the link to Truslow's new website's News page. The link directed to a page that which was a "work in progress" with "filler" Lorem Ipsum text. The joke was that the "New News" being the nonsensical dummy text...

Anyway, I just clicked on the link I posted and it looks like more progress has been made on his site with some actual articles about the M's and the case.

A little bit of new/old reading if you will. :rolleyes:

http://attorneytruslow.com/news.html

I can't read that big block of sentences. The website must have been created by a non-professional.

It's just us, PTF. Why no trial date? Even FB has gone pretty much silent. So confusing.

It's just us, PTF. Why no trial date? Even FB has gone pretty much silent. So confusing.

I don't follow this on FB. Too much insanity. If FB has gone quiet, I count it as a good thing. Hopefully something has shut them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor