Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Solicitor's Office and the Judge really need to get a handle on these FB posts from the M camp. Especially after Richardson was called out directly! Or just lift the gag order altogether IMO.

I'm pretty sure Richardson didn't expect defendants charged with murder to be so vocal during pre-trial – risking the chance of violating the court order and going back to jail.

It's quite obvious IMO that TM is campaigning her side of the story through various channels.

As far as Judge Dennis goes, we already had a convo about him and thought the "general consensus" was that he was a bit one-sided. That the way he ran his court was a tad old-school and displays an unwavering demeanor.

Not sure that a petition is the right way to go though. Sure it will raise the public's level of awareness (and rage), but I really think the E's should have their attorney file an official motion through the court. The strongest point they have is the fact that the Judge went to the same school as WC. The courts really don't care if you have to miss work or drive 500 miles for a 10 minute court session.

:moo:

I agree. They need to have an attorney file a motion. A petition with a lot of signatures will help with anything that the attorney would want to present anywhere to prove just how much people are fed up with this whole thing. It has gotten way out of hand. IMO, the Moore`s need to get put back in jail for all of the crap that is being posted and especially now on their own children`s facebook.

The Solicitor's Office and the Judge really need to get a handle on these FB posts from the M camp. Especially after Richardson was called out directly! Or just lift the gag order altogether IMO.

I'm pretty sure Richardson didn't expect defendants charged with murder to be so vocal during pre-trial – risking the chance of violating the court order and going back to jail.

It's quite obvious IMO that TM is campaigning her side of the story through various channels.

As far as Judge Dennis goes, we already had a convo about him and thought the "general consensus" was that he was a bit one-sided. That the way he ran his court was a tad old-school and displays an unwavering demeanor.

Not sure that a petition is the right way to go though. Sure it will raise the public's level of awareness (and rage) , but I really think the E's should have their attorney file an official motion through the court. The strongest point they have is the fact that the Judge went to the same school as WC. The courts really don't care if you have to miss work or drive 500 miles for a 10 minute court session.

:moo:

Thank-you PTF. I'm concerned the BBM is all the petition will accomplish. Not a good thing. I question whether the Judge even has to acknowledge an online petition. Unless there is strong grounds to support a recusal, I doubt a private attorney or the state will go there. IMO:moo:

I agree. They need to have an attorney file a motion. A petition with a lot of signatures will help with anything that the attorney would want to present anywhere to prove just how much people are fed up with this whole thing. It has gotten way out of hand. IMO, the Moore`s need to get put back in jail for all of the crap that is being posted and especially now on their own children`s facebook.

What is proving the BBM going to accomplish. The court and everyone else involved are well aware of the public sentiment about this case.

I doubt if Judge Dennis would even consider to recuse himself from the trial. He is going to be even worse at the trial since a petition was put up to get him to recuse himself. Especially by the E family. They do need to get an attorney to see what all is involved and to handle it the right way. The attorney needs to hear him at the bond hearings and determine for him or herself just how much impartial he really is. I know that he did go to school with S dad, but, was it a rumor that they went fishing together as friends, and is it actually heard on the tape after the hearing of about him saying he remembers S as a little boy going fishing with him and his dad. That would be reason enough if it is true. Who knows where all of this is going? I just pray for justice for H and her family.

Thinking of the Heather and the Elvis family today as the 2nd anniversay of their daughter being missing goes by with no answers. Heather is what brought me to WS. :grouphug:

I doubt if Judge Dennis would even consider to recuse himself from the trial. He is going to be even worse at the trial since a petition was put up to get him to recuse himself. Especially by the E family. They do need to get an attorney to see what all is involved and to handle it the right way. The attorney needs to hear him at the bond hearings and determine for him or herself just how much impartial he really is. I know that he did go to school with S dad, but, was it a rumor that they went fishing together as friends, and is it actually heard on the tape after the hearing of about him saying he remembers S as a little boy going fishing with him and his dad. That would be reason enough if it is true. Who knows where all of this is going? I just pray for justice for H and her family.

This would disqualify a juror. How can the judge not recuse himself?

I usually call my parents and chitchat during my commute home from work everyday, and they were out driving around when I called today. (Oh, the life of a retired schoolteacher!) They live in Socastee and wanted to take their Boykin Spaniel down to the water and decided to head towards Peachtree Landing.

My dad said, "we were going to the landing where that girl went missing a while back, but there were people and cars everywhere. I don't know what's going on."

I was like dad... Heather went missing 2 years ago today and they're having a vigil for her. He said, "well I'm really glad I didn't just drive past all the cars and let Vannah out to run amok!" Aghhh!!

I was glad to hear a lot of people were showing up though! I bet it drives TM mad just seeing how many people cared about Heather & how much her disappearance has affected the entire community.

Folks, the only discussion of FB that's allowed is from TM's, SM's, MSM or LE.

https://www.facebook.com/tcaisonmoorer?_rdr=p&fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/nala.belkin?_rdr=p&fref=nf&pn_ref=story

Discussing family members social media is not allowed period.

You've been given some leeway so please adhere to the above.

Thanks
Thanks, coldpizza!

I recommend SM's most recent post with the share of the petition story, including the comments:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1040486459336829&id=100001264553668

I usually call my parents and chitchat during my commute home from work everyday, and they were out driving around when I called today. (Oh, the life of a retired schoolteacher!) They live in Socastee and wanted to take their Boykin Spaniel down to the water and decided to head towards Peachtree Landing.

My dad said, "we were going to the landing where that girl went missing a while back, but there were people and cars everywhere. I don't know what's going on."

I was like dad... Heather went missing 2 years ago today and they're having a vigil for her. He said, "well I'm really glad I didn't just drive past all the cars and let Vannah out to run amok!" Aghhh!!

I was glad to hear a lot of people were showing up though! I bet it drives TM mad just seeing how many people cared about Heather & how much her disappearance has affected the entire community.

BBM, she's jealous of the living Heather and the missing Heather! This is driving her crazy.

For some reason, this will not load for me and the suspense is killin me! Lol. Could someone fill me in? Thanks!

Jimmy Richardson said that a new trial date will be set sometime in January. They are waiting for a key piece of evidence.

I can't quote it as it needs to be because I'm on an iPhone, but basically it says all parties will meet after the holidays to set a date for trial & the prosecution say they are waiting on one last key piece of evidence/paperwork.

Richardson said that [the May 2015] date wasn't realistic because they were still waiting on paperwork in the case, but now his office is waiting on one last piece of key evidence before the prosecutors office or defense lawyers can move forward. A conference call may be held next week with the attorneys and the judge in the case. Richardson says after that meeting, they will have a better idea on the exact time frame of the trial.

http://wpde.com/news/local/new-tria...r-couple-charged-with-murder-of-heather-elvis

about the petition:

Dennis declined to comment Thursday through his law clerk, who added in an email that “he is forbidden under the Judicial Canons of Ethics to comment on any pending cases before him.”

The petition collected more than 1,500 signatures by Thursday morning, and the family plans to submit it with a letter to the state Supreme Court, which gave Dennis authority over the case sometime after Christmas.

“We just want to make sure this thing [the trial] is completely unbiased,” said Debbi Elvis, Heather Elvis’ mother. She said the family is not accusing the judge of impropriety, but the appearance of it, and she wouldn’t want anyone to say the judge was lenient on the Moorers or harsh on them because of the connection. She said they received information about this matter, which is third on their list of concerns, by someone in the Horry County Solicitor’s Office.

Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson verified the judge attended the same school as Sidney Moorer’s father decades ago, but said he didn’t want to comment further because it was not his office’s petition. He also said the gag order, put in place by Judge Steven John on March 21, 2014, prohibited him from discussing the case.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article50253030.html#storylink=cpy

:cheers: Thanks for the update JerseyGirl, you rock. WS is the only way I can keep up with this case.

about the petition:

Dennis declined to comment Thursday through his law clerk, who added in an email that “he is forbidden under the Judicial Canons of Ethics to comment on any pending cases before him.”

The petition collected more than 1,500 signatures by Thursday morning, and the family plans to submit it with a letter to the state Supreme Court, which gave Dennis authority over the case sometime after Christmas.

“We just want to make sure this thing [the trial] is completely unbiased,” said Debbi Elvis, Heather Elvis’ mother. She said the family is not accusing the judge of impropriety, but the appearance of it, and she wouldn’t want anyone to say the judge was lenient on the Moorers or harsh on them because of the connection. She said they received information about this matter, which is third on their list of concerns, by someone in the Horry County Solicitor’s Office.

Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson verified the judge attended the same school as Sidney Moorer’s father decades ago, but said he didn’t want to comment further because it was not his office’s petition. He also said the gag order, put in place by Judge Steven John on March 21, 2014, prohibited him from discussing the case.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article50253030.html#storylink=cpy

She may not be accusing him but I am. He's awful! Hey, you're charged with murder but go hang out at Disney. Please post 10,000 pics on social media of your obnoxious faces having a blast there. Remember, if anyone questions why I allowed you to go...you couldn't find work in SC. I'm hoping people will forget that your own brother offered you a job. :facepalm:

Yes!😀

The thing that I found most interesting in the article was the quote from JR saying, "But now he says his office is waiting on one last piece of key evidence before the prosecutors office or defense lawyers can move forward." What could this key piece of evidence be, after all this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro