Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what date the recent HELPP event was announced? December 3rd is the first time I saw TE mention it.

Skull being found 11/27/15 and family announcing the event a week later could just be coincidence since it was so close to the 2 year anniversary, but ME seemed calmer like this was closure. IMO of course.

When i read Debbie and Morgan's comments from the HELPP event about life going on, I thought about Heather's 2013 Christmas gifts and Terry claiming that they wouldn't take the decorations down until Heather was found. I do think the family seemed to have a calm about them that was different and I hope it's closure.

Not only could the "one piece of evidence" be Heather's body, it could also be the murder weapon.

I agree the logistics of transporting and hiding a body in Summerville are intricate but it's the silence surrounding the skull that has me intrigued. Also the comment about working with an undisclosed jurisdiction. Jmo.

What is there to say until there's been an ID made of the skull? That takes time, perhaps lots of time. LE and forensic examiners are not in the business of public speculation. When and if there's something to tell they will. We've watched this same kind of mystery take place with several other bodies found. Sometimes it's many months before some kind of announcement is made. Sometimes remains are matched to no one.

It would be nice if they could give us an estimate on how long the DNA testing and comparisons will take. Is it safe to assume that if LE thinks the skull could be Heather's that they would put a rush on the analysis with the trial coming up soon?

It would be nice if they could give us an estimate on how long the DNA testing and comparisons will take.

Plan on 4 to 6 months, give or take.

Still hope LE checked all of the septic tanks in a 5 mile radius of the M's. At least the ones on HWY 814 heading from PTL. https://goo.gl/QMB2BJ

I remember you have brought up the septic tank possibility many times in the two years we have been following Heather's case.

Since there was such obvious and raging animosity for her from Tammy, putting Heather in a septic system would definitely make a statement as to how Heather was perceived. Wouldn't doubt TM could think this way. As well, they may have known ahead of time that a body will decompose more rapidly in this environment. As usual, JMO.

Are there any other missing people in the area? One would wonder if the remains are that of Brittanee Drexel, too.

Are there any other missing people in the area? One would wonder if the remains are that of Brittanee Drexel, too.

There are several missing people from the Myrtle Beach area in addition to Brittanee Drexel.

Here's a list of missing adults last seen in Horry County:

Matthew Scheer, 10/3/2015 - North Myrtle Beach - W/M/26

Heather Elvis, 12/18/2013 - Myrtle Beach - W/F/19

Zach Malinowski, 8/25/13 - Aynor - W/M/19

Robert Gore, Jr., 4/26/13 - Myrtle Beach - W/M/43

Johnny Brown, 8/5/12 - Myrtle Beach - B/M/44

Susan DeLuca, 4/15/10 - Aynor - W/F/45

Glenn Howlett, 6/23/2009 - Myrtle Beach - W/M/48

Brittanee Drexel, 4/25/2009 - Myrtle Beach - W/F/17

Kareem Ward, 6/17/2007 - Aynor - B/M/22

Lakeshia Turner, 10/3/2006 - Myrtle Beach - B/F/27

Murray Kennedy, 10/17/2004 - Myrtle Beach - B/M/41

Lisa Neugent, 8/8/1999 - Conway - W/F/22

Taylor Woodrow, 12/13/1997 - Conway - B/M/38

Deborah Robertson, 1/14/1995 - Myrtle Beach - B/M/38

Andrea Hayslette, 4/24/1993 - Myrtle Beach - W/F/29

Todd Massie, 6/16/1992 - Myrtle Beach - W/M/23

I remember you have brought up the septic tank possibility many times in the two years we have been following Heather's case.

Since there was such obvious and raging animosity for her from Tammy, putting Heather in a septic system would definitely make a statement as to how Heather was perceived. Wouldn't doubt TM could think this way. As well, they may have known ahead of time that a body will decompose more rapidly in this environment. As usual, JMO.

I remember talk about septic tanks the day the compound was being searched after the M's were arrested. I can't remember if they indeed checked one or if it was speculation but i do remember talk of searching possibly a neighbors tank or something? ugh seems so long ago i can't remember for sure. But i do still remember that deep pit in my stomach as if they were definitley going to find her there that day..i still have that feeling, obviously not the one they checked (if they really did check one) but just that sick feeling thats where she ended up :(. I'm hoping LE has checked as well..

I remember talk about septic tanks the day the compound was being searched after the M's were arrested. I can't remember if they indeed checked one or if it was speculation but i do remember talk of searching possibly a neighbors tank or something? ugh seems so long ago i can't remember for sure. But i do still remember that deep pit in my stomach as if they were definitley going to find her there that day..i still have that feeling, obviously not the one they checked (if they really did check one) but just that sick feeling thats where she ended up :(. I'm hoping LE has checked as well..
They did check the septic tank across the street at an abandoned property. I'm not sure how thorough they were, but there was a poster at the time that was there giving us a play-by-play.

The technology is available for processing DNA quickly. Horry County still has many dirt roads...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...g-could-take-hours-not-weeks.html?pg=all&nm=1

Cool, PTF. Thank you. Pretty amazing! Long overdue for this sort of thing, though I think it's accuracy will be questioned initially, like any new technology is.The tests they use now take so long to run, not to mention a long wait just to get it tested and I guess that happens only if it is in the jurisdiction's budget... We need a machine that can find Heather!!!! May justice prevail in 2016 for her and her family.

That particular technology is designed specifically for cheek swab samples and as such it won't be of any help to identify bodies or skeletons. The existing techniques still have to be used and those tests still take time.

BBM

Bode provided DNA results within 8 days of receiving the samples, demonstrating that a nuclear based “DNA-Led” approach, rather than the more commonly used anthropology with subsequent mitochondrial DNA based approach, is a viable option for identifying fallen soldiers and missing servicemembers.

The use of DNA as the primary identifier of unidentified remains provides more definitive identification of missing soldiers. DNA remains the gold standard in identification.

[...]

Bode Technology employs all available DNA technologies to match human remains and family reference sample. This includes STR, Y-STR, miniSTR and Mitochondrial DNA testing. For large scale human identification projects Bode Technology can create client-specific databases to perform comparisons and generate matches.

[...]

3) Reporting and Turnaround Time: Once Bode has completed the DNA testing, a report will be provided to the law enforcement agency. At this time, any data/profile obtained from the samples will be sent to UNTCHI for upload and remaining physical samples will be returned by Bode to the law enforcement agency. There is not a guaranteed turnaround time to complete the testing; however Bode aims to complete the DNA analysis for each sample within 3 – 6 months. Challenging samples that have to be reprocessed may take additional time.

http://www.bodetech.com/forensic-solutions/dna-identification/missing-person-identification/

I think I may have posted this before, but here is a good timeline for DNA testing from start to end.

As a Forensic DNA Analyst, I have often been asked why DNA analysis takes so long. This is a rather complex question because there are many contributing factors—the huge DNA backlog, the insufficient number of qualified DNA analysts in the laboratory, and the constant influx of new cases. I have worked at state, federal, and private crime laboratories and have witnessed first-hand the severe backlogs that exist. Although the throughput of DNA laboratories must increase to meet demand, it is critical that the quality not be sacrificed.

So, minus the backlog and related issues, how long does it take to obtain DNA profiles from submitted evidence? I can think of no better way to answer this question than to take you step-by-step through what needs to be done in a forensic DNA laboratory and approximately how much time it takes to accomplish these tasks. There are a few steps that take up time throughout the analysis of a case including cleaning, documentation, and quality control measures. It is difficult to ascertain exactly how much time is devoted to each of these tasks, which occur at each step of testing from body fluid identification to the final DNA typing. The following are routine tasks that take place during and between the technical steps in DNA analysis.

[...]

DNA Testing Timeline
by: Heather R. Fisher Sargent, MFS
Forensic Scientist

I always wondered in my own thoughts that the M's had 'help' disposing deceased HE.
I was thinking of the all night event??? IIRC, phone call was 11pm? sex all over the place after?
I must refresh my time of events.
So were they exhausted? and had to have a secret person to help them or SM?
TM referred to HE in very bad terms...............wasn't it like 'garbage' or 'trash' ?
was this a hint?
IMO, TM would probably want SM & helper??? make HE ugly because TM was jealous of the beautiful, young HE
JMOO
also I think LE would know pretty quickly if the skull was male or female, and the race............JMOO

If anyone has some extra time (and hasn't seen it yet), watch this episode of "Solved". Warning: Very Sad!

[video=youtu;GkpVXbTzo9U]http://youtu.be/GkpVXbTzo9U[/video]​

It's what got me very interested in the septic tank theory. There are so many around these parts of Horry, that I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't used in other missing cases too! :facepalm:

Also this:
Missing person case leads to apparent septic tank dig
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF)
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 11:20 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 14, 2011 6:57 AM EDT

My post from 02-13-2014, 01:10 PM (#15):
As much as I dislike to over-speculate or come up with outlandish scenarios about what happened to HE or where she is, I watched an episode of "Solved" the other night entitled, Bully which got me to thinking about a possible place to look for HE.

The episode was about the disappearance and murder of then, 14-year-old Tristan Jensen in Redlands, CA in August of 1998. His skeletal remains were found by some city workers clearing a sewer which feuled the investigation – resulting in the capture of his killer; 15-year-old "bully", J.P. Remsen that lived only a few blocks away.

It was surprising to the Investigators and myself as well that, due to the amount of gases emitted in the sewer system, Tristen's body was reduced to bones and disarticulated in a matter of a short 7 weeks time! If the clog in the sewer system wasn't discovered by workers, then what's to say that his bones wouldn't have dissolved completely and his remains would have never been found?

Here in South Carolina, there is not a lot of infrastructure in terms of drainage and underground water/sewer systems compared to most metropolitan areas. There are lot of rural areas with single family homes and mobile homes that are not connected to any city or county system. Therefor, homes use their own septic tanks for waste and "ditches" for rain water run-off. I got a septic myself and a big mote out front of my house that looks more like a small pond now from all the rain we just had!

Since we are all pretty much in the dark about search areas LE and CUE have covered, I wouldn't doubt that septic tanks have been overlooked completely, IMOO. I'd start with all of the foreclosed and abandoned properties first.

I know we also just started talking about land fills as well but, I would seriously consider searching septic tanks as they would be a very opportunistic place to hide someone or something you don't want to be found, IMO.

On another note: septic tanks around these parts are often referred to as "honey pots". Don't ask why! :eek:hdear:

Redland Daily Facts - NEWS - Murder Revisited (http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/general-news/20100812/murder-revisited)

Solved:Bully - Full Episode on YouTube (http://youtu.be/GkpVXbTzo9U)

Grand Strand Water & Sewer Authority - Service Area (http://www.gswsa.com/about_us.cfm?page=64)

Septic tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septic_tank)

Here is the post from @LadySunday77 on 2/21/14, 04:52 PM (Thread #17 **ARREST**) concerning search of septic tank (BBM):

Police continue to be on scene. Currently they have set up a mobile command center, so looks like they are going to be there for awhile. The FBI, SLED, and HCPD are on scene. They are wearing the thin white crime scene suits, and are apparently looking at a septic tank in the neighbor's yard. Police have also taken SM car, as well as the RV. Will post more as I find out.

...and discussion afterwards.

Alright, I'll step away now. :escape:

around the school where skull was found are there septic tanks?
some murderers like Scott Peterson 'watched' burial sights.
Where besides Disney did he M's travel often? familiar or favorite places?
I have often wondered if SM cheated on TM before? .........
was HE his first?

The technology is available for processing DNA quickly. Horry County still has many dirt roads...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...g-could-take-hours-not-weeks.html?pg=all&nm=1

Anybody else find this scary?:

...IntegenX officials say that any police officer would be able to use the RapidHit after practicing just two or three times.

“The most obvious reason to use a machine like this is speed,” said IntegenX spokesman Jason Werking. “Not only is it easy to train someone, but after using it a couple of times, that person can train someone else...

No disrespect to police, but we should not have any ol' police officer handling and testing DNA. IMO testing of DNA should always be done by a third party that is independent of the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member