Trial Date Set

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I can't wait to hear the testimony of the hotel employee that checked Jason in @ the HI that night. Wonder if Jason had a special request for the location of his room? If he asked about obtaining his hotel receipt early? Asked some out of the way questions? I think that testimony will be interesting. Hope I am in court that day!

Yes gr, plus they will have the time (by reviewing the video tape) the stairwell video camera was pushed up to the ceiling. Betcha it was between 11PM and 12AM.

Do we know who the judge is yet who will be hearing this case?
Miss all of you BC folks so much!

There were many lessons learned from the Cooper trial. This judge will not waste time with matters outside the presence of the jury....he said he will hear these AFTER 5PM.
Also, the state estimated a 3 week trial. I will be surprised if the defense presents their own case. They will probably just chip away at the evidence with cross...especially the lack of a rape kit, the size 10 shoes, eye witness accounts from Gracie and the NY Times delivery man that saw the white SUV in the drive around 4AM.

My husband was on a jury in a case tried before Judge Stephens some years ago. Hubby was so impressed with him. So glad he's the one hearing this case.

My husband was on a jury in a case tried before Judge Stephens some years ago. Hubby was so impressed with him. So glad he's the one hearing this case.

Thanks GL. I just asked who the judge was going to be.

Some plans of the Motel (center load layout)

Main floor overview

youngmainflooroverview.jpg

Top floor overview

young4thflooroverview.jpg

Lobby detail

YoungLobby.jpg

Top floor room detail

YoungTopfloordetail.jpg

Top floor opposite side stairwell

Youngtopfloorstairwell.jpg

http://www.hamptonfranchise.com/

Judge Donald Stephens is the Chief Resident Superior Court Judge in Wake County.....very experienced.

In a 2003 interview with the N&O, Don Stephens said that a good judge remains anonymous. “The goal,” he said, “is no one remembers I am involved.”

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5743505/#/vid5743505

"You came here for that????"

Jay was enjoying his last few months of freedom when NC Wanted tracked him down in the hills of Brevard.

Compare the cocky, fit JLY in 2009 with the scrawny, emaciated, guiltridden murder defendant in 2011.

forthis1.jpg

He is such a creepy looking man. He reminds me of a character in a horror movie. Wonder what Michelle ever saw in hiim to begin with.

Can we enquire as to the nature of the Texas case? Just curious.

I am on an innocence case. And you folks would not believe who it is, but I can assure you that she is innocent and it can be proven. :great:

Should we have a pre-trial general discussion thread?

Just wondering ... since pre-trial general discussion comments seem to be spread throughout three threads.

I am on an innocence case. And you folks would not believe who it is, but I can assure you that she is innocent and it can be proven. :great:

Tell me it's Darlie. I think she's innocent.

Good news!

The prosecution lineup, in order of importance to the case:

1- Becky Holt
2- David Saacks
3- Howard Cummings

The first two should pack quite a wallop to our Young man. Very capable duo from what I have seen and heard. I assume HC is there just because this is such a big case and maybe he'll be kind of in the back seat. Didn't Saacks come to Wake County from Durham, after he replaced Nifong? Did he get a "better offer" from Wake? How did he get here?

Of course, as we've said, JLY's guys are very capable as well. You have said you think they may not offer evidence on the defensive side, which logically makes sense to me -- but do you think that they will have nothing at all to offer? (Again, logic begs the question of "What have they got?")

As always it is really wonderful to see you posting Samiya. They are very fortunate to have your expertise in court. xox

Do we know who the judge is yet who will be hearing this case?
Miss all of you BC folks so much!

The Honorable Donald Stephens, one of the County's (and probably the County's) finest Superior Court Judge(s) of all. Intelligent, fair, very hard-working and not afraid to take the cases that make you "weak at the knees," as one very fine Wake County capital-case attorney called them...

It seems that all of the principals in this case are first-class. This should be a good one, folks.

The first two should pack quite a wallop to our Young man. Very capable duo from what I have seen and heard. I assume HC is there just because this is such a big case and maybe he'll be kind of in the back seat. Didn't Saacks come to Wake County from Durham, after he replaced Nifong? Did he get a "better offer" from Wake? How did he get here?

Of course, as we've said, JLY's guys are very capable as well. You have said you think they may not offer evidence on the defensive side, which logically makes sense to me -- but do you think that they will have nothing at all to offer? (Again, logic begs the question of "What have they got?")

Yes, David Saccks was one of the top ADA's back in the Jim Hardin days in Durham (pre Nifong). He had a small role in the Mike Peterson Case.
Seasoned, experienced prosecutor.

Can't imagine what defense they can muster?
They would be better off chipping away with cross and having the last word to the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95