Richard M. Samuels, Ph.D.
Curriculum Vitae

LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Licensed Psychologist, State of New Jersey, 1975, # S 101060
Licensed Psychologist, State of Arizona, 1989, # 3043
Diplomate in Forensic Psychology, ABPS, 1999
Diplomate, American College of Forensic Examiners, 1995
Diplomate, American Board of Forensic Medicine, 1996
Diplomate in Clinical Psychology, American Board of Professional Psychology, 1980
Diplomate in Sexology, American Board of Sexology, 1989
Fellow, American Psychological Association, 1986
Fellow, Academy of Clinical Psychology, 1994
Clinical Fellow, Behavior Therapy and Research Society, 1985
Clinical Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Sexology, 1990
Recognized by the National Registrar of Practicing Psychologists, 1976
Certified Sex Therapist, American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors & Therapists, 1976
Licensed Radiotelephone Engineer, 1964-present, FCC, Washington, DC
FCC Licensed Broadcast Engineer and Announcer, 1961-1966

EDUCATION
New Jersey Medical School, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Newark, New Jersey
Post-Doctoral Fellow in Human Sexuality, 1974-1975

City University of New York
Biopsychology, Ph.D., 1973

Hofstra University
Psychology, M.A., 1967

Hofstra University
Psychology, B.A., 1965

State University at Farmingdale, New York
Electronics Technology, A.A.S. 1961

FORENSIC EXPERIENCE
Member; Arizona Supreme Court Mental Health Providers Panel.

Court Appointed Psychologist in Bergen, Morris and Essex Counties, New Jersey;
Court Appointed Psychologist in Maricopa and Yavapai Counties, Arizona.

Expert Witness in most New Jersey Counties;
Expert Witness in New York City Supreme Court incl. Kings County, Queens, Brooklyn & Bronx Courts.
Expert Witness in Rockland, Westchester, Orange County, Nassau, and Suffolk County, New York;
Expert Witness in Maricopa, Coconino, Pima and Yavapai Counties, Arizona

Conducted numerous evaluations for plaintiffs and defendants in New Jersey, New York, and Arizona, for criminal, civil and domestic matters, evaluation and recidivism risk.

Sexually Violent Predators evaluations and testimony and Psychosexual Risk Assessments for sentencing in sexual misconduct matters in Arizona.

Experienced working with police officers statewide, conducting evaluations dealing with shooting trauma, posttraumatic stress disorder and other matters.

Specialized training in custody and visitation matters.

Extensive experience in cases dealing with medical malpractice, personal injury, negligence, criminal misconduct, sexual harassment and misconduct, job discrimination, corporate conflicts, custody and visitation determinations, divorce mediation and other domestic matters.

MOST RECENT SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Over eight hundred hours of postgraduate continuing education in Forensic Psychology ~ most recent listed below)

Children, Divorce & Custody: Lawyers & Psychologists Working Together - Sponsored by the American Bar Association Section of Family Law & the American Psychological Association Los Angeles, California, 1997, 22 hours

Training Mental Health Experts in Legal Competency & Restoration in Criminal Juvenile Courts, Supreme Court, State of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, 1998, 24 hours

Sexually Violent Person Commitment Evaluations, Arizona Department of Health Services, Arizona State Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona, 1998, 16 hours

Family Court Mental Health Training Seminar, Superior Court of Arizona, Domestic Relations Department, 1999, 4 hours

Family Court Mental Health Training Seminar, Superior Court of Arizona, Domestic Relations Department, 2000, 4 hours

Training Mental Health Experts in Legal Competency & Restoration in Criminal Juvenile Courts, Supreme Court, State of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, 2000, 4 hours

Ethics in Psychology, Institute for the Study of human Knowledge, 2000, 17 hours,

Geriatric Congress, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2000, 13.5 hours

Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers, Annual Conference and Workshop, San Diego, CA, 2000, 17 hours

Family Court Mental Health Training Seminar, Superior Court of Arizona, Domestic Relations Department, 2001, 7 hours

Assessing Psychopathy, Clinical & Forensic Applications of the PCL-R, conducted by Robert D. Hare, Ph.D., Arizona School of Professional Psychology, April 5,6,7, 2001, 21 hours

Family Court Mental Health Training Seminar, Superior Court of Arizona, Domestic Relations Department, 2002, 7 hours

Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers, Annual Conference and Workshop, Montreal, Canada, 2002, 14 hours

Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers, Annual Conference and Workshop, St. Louis, MO, 2003, 14 hours

Current Trends in Assessment of Sex Offenders and Efficacy of Current Treatment Strategies, Dennis Doren, Ph.D., at AZATSA, Phoenix, AZ, 2005 .

He specializes in Sex Therapy!!! No wonder.. A weirdo..
He and Nurmi are one of a kind!!!
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Running for the safest island.. I need a drink.

If this expert's Powerpoint slides are anything like the ones I've had to suffer through at work, the jury will stare at them as if in a trance, with no cognitive functions happening. {snickering as I think of those many, many useless slide decks}

I'm sick and tired of all this court hubabaloo nonsense with the defense of Ms Arias.

She killed him because he broke up with her and called names she knew fit her well.

That's it. Case over. Next

Really?, I would pay your salary if you were ever a "professional" juror if our system ever goes to that. You think like me. :giggle:

I didn't read the whole article but that would make sense and would tie in with why TA's brain would be at all relevant to the expert's testimony which is supposed to be about her having PTSD at the time she committed the crime.

Could the agenda of this article be two-fold? Do they want to try to discredit the ME by having the jury somehow see this line of the article?

" His blood vessels constricted so that he would bleed less if he got wounded."

Sorry if this has been asked, but did anyone ask Jodi if the camera strap was around her neck, if there was one, did it break? if there was one. tia

Shanna Hogan is the author of Picture Perfect, but I think it's still a work in progress. I could be wrong though. Anybody know for sure?

Looks like it will be available on October 29, 2013.

If this expert's Powerpoint slides are anything like the ones I've had to suffer through at work, the jury will stare at them as if in a trance, with no cognitive functions happening. {snickering as I think of those many, many useless slide decks}

Oh you mean a FOG!! hahahahahahha

We need the judge who presided over Phil Spector Trial #1 and #2. He was excellent. I remember when the defense tried these underhanded tricks and he busted them right in front of God and camera. Of course, he sustained them and/or didn't allow it to happen. He was long time judge who was once appellate judge so he knew the law!!!

Judge Larry Fidler! Great judge imho.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Folks...the Wikipedia reference I made was a joke :great:

You need to use this for such posts in the future. . .:floorlaugh:

sarcasm-o.gif

It does lead to memory loss and unstable memory, which is actually quite common, the severity of which relies upon the severity of the PTSD. The hippocampus shrinks in PTSD patients, which is the area controlling memory.

That is apart from the triggering trauma too. Many people relive the trauma through flashbacks but will still have a very disjointed memory.

But has JA had brain scans done? Is Samuels qualified to conduct them - did he do them on JA specifically? It doesn't sound like he has.

Is it live streamed? I need something to listen to.

Yes it is live streamed-but I don't have a link! :( I think its wvnstv.com or something like that (sorry cant be more specific)

Sorry if this has been asked, but did anyone ask Jodi if the camera strap was around her neck, if there was one, did it break? if there was one. tia

The camera strap was found still in the box in the plastic wrap it comes in when purchased.

Will someone reassure me that these experts will be undermined by cross? I'm not an experienced trial observer, but I'm afraid these hired guns are going to sell the jury a bill of goods that (maybe the women) will buy.

I'm sure this has been already posted, but I just got to my computer. I think the Time magazine article was a "dumb down" approach to getting credibility of the jury. Unless there are any physicians on the jury, it isn't likely they are familiar with studies and abstracts. I think the DT thinks the jury will latch onto Time magazine because it doesn't make them feel dumb.

Also, Wilmott said psychologists study the brain. Derp. That is not true. They study psychology and personality. They are not brain scientists. If they were they would be called neurologists. If they were experts on brain chemistry they would be Psychiatrists.

WTF. That untruth made me mad.

He specializes in Sex Therapy!!! No wonder.. A weirdo..
He and Nurmi are one of a kind!!!
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Running for the safest island.. I need a drink.

Yeah, I'm thinking he and Nurmi may have worked together or at least crossed paths before as they both have an interest in (the field of) sexual offenders.

Birds of a feather, in my opinion. The only reason CA may come off better is because we never got to hear her testify; plus, we had the whole summer 2008 of watching the crazy antics of her psycho parents and brother.

If all things were equal and Arias was free, she would IMO be far more scary and dangerous than Anthony. But she's not free. And Anthony is, and that makes her the more dangerous of the two. They are both sociopathic killers. They are both horrific liars. One is just as manipulative as the other, IMO. Nothing that Arias says or does will make Anthony look "like an OK person" in my eyes.

He forgot to have Travis go to the sink, and stabbed him like 5 times instead of 29. Not very good. (plus he had the knife in the bathroom instead of the bedroom where she tells Samuels she left it.

Judge Larry Fidler! Great judge imho.

Remember when told those defense attorneys they couldn't manipulate and under hand (something like that)!! I thought that was so great.. First judge I have heard to actually call out an attorney like that.. up front and in your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver