Trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad that the defence is only interested in winning! Not justice! They know this inmate killed travis brutally! It's about winning!

Fifth thing Juan mentioned was a slide on Intrusive memories.

Depending on what is on that slide, sure doesn't sound to me like it will help jodi at all!

Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms are generally grouped into three types: intrusive memories, avoidance and numbing, and increased anxiety or emotional arousal (hyperarousal).
Symptoms of intrusive memories may include:

• Flashbacks, or reliving the traumatic event for minutes or even days at a time
  • Upsetting dreams about the traumatic event
From: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/post-traumatic-stress-disorder/DS00246/DSECTION=symptoms

I have to say out of the few cases I have followed this judge is by far, with all due respect, the worst.
She doesn't seem to have great concern for the jury's time. I don't believe I have ever heard her apologize to them for the multiple delays in this trial.
She allows speaking objections. Allowed witnesses to speak over objections and even after substained ones! JA did it dozens of times.
And needless to say she doesn't feel comfortable making a decision, on her own, without asking council to approach.

It's very frustrating!:banghead:

:moo:

Is it just me or does Casey Anthony start to come off like an OK person in comparison to Jodi?

I know that many folks have compared Casey and Jodi, but I see few, if any, similarities in the two cases. With Casey Anthony, there was always a possibility that Cindy, George, or to a lesser degree, Lee, could have been responsible for Caylee's death. The entire Anthony family was strange and suspicious!

In one of the few interviews with jurors following the trial, a female juror said very simply that "(the jury) were not sure who was supposed to be watching Caylee". While I had been disappointed in the "not guilty" verdict, I realized with this statement that the jury was unclear about who was responsible for Caylee's care at any given time of the day.

Even though some of us have commented on the disrespectful court behavior of Jodi's mother/aunt, there is no suspicion that anyone other than Jodi is responsible for Travis' death. Jodi is in this all by herself. :moo:

Does anyone know why they don't start until 10:30 am? Judge acted like it was almost controversial when she moved it up to 10:15 am for a few days.. What up with that? And then they stop at 4:30 - Is Nurmi in charge of the schedule?

I think the important point that JM will be able to bring out of any expert witness is that prior to the 'event' occurring, the person wasn't experiencing fogs or PTSD or any of that. Meaning: at the time of the murder itself the lying liar who lies knew full well she was attacking and killing T.A., intended to do just that, kept on doing it, and whatever 'cognitive dysfunction" ensured (conveniently, of course) happened after she did all of that.

It does not absolve her of responsibility for the murder itself. She's on trial for murder. What she did afterwards or what she claims about her mental state really was not a part of the murder itself.

I think that will be obvious to the jury and if it's not, JM will make sure it's obvious to them.

Not sure. The time to challenge experts is pre-trial, and I think Juan probably could have vetted this better and there are ways he could have raised the issue to limit the scope of his trstimony to whats in his 2010 report or to compel the defense to continually supplement their discovery based on information that became available after his report.

I'm really not sure without hearing more.

Although Minor we don't know everything that has been filed in this case so there's no way of knowing if there was an agreement that parties have a duty to supplement.

Jodi shouldn't have said Travis got mad because she fumbled the camera, Jodi should have said Travis got mad because she called him a 'f'ing pedo' to insult him after he said she takes photos no better than a 5 year old. We may have actually have believed that a fight escalated after barbs like that started flying around. Instead she comes up with this lame lie. She really is a bad liar.

I loved Judge Perry but my memory isn't that great (generally, not only when mean men yell at me), but remember this:

Judge Perry Gets Mad At Baez - YouTube

I didn't think he loved the defense.

I will work you. I will not stop any more... They wanted to work Memorial Day.

I love the way he punctuated his words in this video.

This was so refreshing to watch right now. Thanks for sharing!

you all think it's weird how
1)this expert thinks JA has PTSD & whatever else,
2)JWilmott referred to JA's "mental condition", and
#) JA said in response a jury question that she is not aware of having any mental condition?

Yeah, I'm thinking he and Nurmi may have worked together or at least crossed paths before as they both have an interest in (the field of) sexual offenders.

This Dr. Samuel is a joke.. Treatment Strategies for Sex Offenders? Please..

He is out to make money assessing sex offenders because they are a lot of em. Ambulance chaser with the worse scum bags on earth.. Sex offenders.. Oh gawd..

Then to top it off he does sex therapy? Oh help.. something is wrong with this dude.. big time..My intuition is blinking LOUD!!! Not my opinion my intuition

Is it just me or should Samuels have included an article from Hustler magazine instead of Time magazine?

After all, we are talking about Arias.

OMG I thought the trial started at 10:00 AZ time. I have been in a panic getting the tablet set up, getting my headphones, cooking soup, making tea etc. I feel so silly now.

Don't feel silly. I think we all have been doing this and then the courtroom messes us up. I did all that for yesterday but now I have lots of leftovers. Hubby doesn't mind warming up some for him when he is hungry and I will grab something when HLN des one of their pauses..Hang in there....It says in the Bible "and it came to pass" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I have to go make dinner...kids are just so unwilling to go hungry for even one night! (Note: Check up on my Mother of the Year Award...still not come in the mail. ;))...

But I want to know too. PTSD can be caused by one traumatic event but every time I have seen it related to domestic violence it is, more often than not, a result of years of abuse and hundreds of violent incidents. You know, unlike Jodi's, um, four.

Oh I know it can, I'm living proof. (brain changes and memory problems, too) - I'm just curious about whether JW said the PTSD is a factor in or a result of the killing. Probably both.

Re the kids: just offer them something green and leafy - they'll be immediately distracted by something else and have no appetite. :) kidding - but it does happen that way.

If the jury wasn't able to ask so many questions
Thanks arizona
Than she probably would get less time! I think jury questions help the prosecution try their case. He can gauge how they are thinking. When juan is up! They perk up! When nurmi is up they slump almost catatonic. Lol

Sorry if this has been asked, but did anyone ask Jodi if the camera strap was around her neck, if there was one, did it break? if there was one. tia

No strap....it was still in the box the camera came in....

yk_mix--lost_in_the_fog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member