Trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #86

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that "expert" is likely to end up as "doofus" instead of "expert", which I have no problem with. I really detest these paid experts who advertise themselves to defense attorneys. I hope Juan reads from his website in front of the jury:

http://svpexpertwitness.com/evaluations.asp

If I were a juror in this case at this point, that would be enough for me to dismiss that testimony too especially if it is based in any part on what the "defendant told him". I have a feeling this guy may end up regretting he signed onto this case after Juan is finished with him.

I saw his website too,and wondered how many times he has testified as an expert witness. My google search under news came up empty except for this trial.

Anybody know if he has testified as an expert in previous trials?

He has zero publications listed, and that's always a big part of a CV. His "licenses and certifications" are pay-as-you-go memberships to professional groups. And his CV appears to stop about a decade ago, with most of his "work" being in the 1970s-90s. No wonder he has to rely on a Time article. Google paid off for him.

I find it hilarious that he lists "FCC Licensed Broadcast Engineer and Announcer, 1961-1966 " on his CV. Completely unrelated to his field. LOL.

Very good point, pufnstuf -- My DH is in a research center at Duke Univ. Med. Center in Durham, and the old saying, "Publish or Perish" is still true -- down to where your name is listed in the list of authors on a pub and which pub it is. The first author's name listed and the last name listed are the coveted spots. Yes, it's quite unusual to have no publications, and unless his pubs are on a separate list, not very impressive. We'll see...

I am beyond disgusted with this as well! Have you all seen this article from today??

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21642911/convictions-of-woman-on-ariz-death-row-overturned

PHOENIX (AP) - A federal appeals court has reversed the convictions and sentences of a woman convicted of murdering her son in a notorious case that put her on Arizona's death row.

Debra Jean Milke has been on death row for over 22 years after being convicted of first-degree murder and other charges in the 1989 killing of her son Christopher.

Prosecutors say Milke dressed the 4-year-old boy in his favorite outfit and told him he was going to see Santa in December 1989.

Instead, he was taken into the desert by two men and shot three times in the back of the head.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals;' ruling says the prosecution failed to disclose information about a history of misconduct by a detective who provided key incriminating testimony regarding Milke.

Seriously??? She murders her 4 year old son and it's overturned because the state "failed to disclose information about a history of misconduct by a detective" etc... Stuff like this makes me absolutely SICK!!! That poor little boy. :(

Do you know what the information was? I do and I think it was the right decision. jmo

actually if you look at all the evidence and researh-there is no proof she had anything to do with it. The guys who kiled him claim she told them to do it.The detective claimed she confessed but there was NO video or tape recording.....only his word. Yet his word alone got the DP? Beliving the guys who actually killed him is good enough for a DP???? The evidence was even more flimsy than CA's. This isn't Darlie Routier either. People are sent to DR and prison wrongfully at times. Just because someone is there in prison is not proof they are guilty. I am a huge proponent of the DP but this woman did not deserve DR. So this does not enrage me at all.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for clarifying that. I should have read more about it before letting it get to me. It just struck a nerve at the wrong moment.

:truce:

Yes!!! A seven year TEN Million tax payer dollar hearing to try and prove someone just like Jodi is mentally retarded. The scales of justice have gone off their own scales.

Yes! When she is anything but!

It hurts my heart to think that this woman will walk away with anything less than murder 1.

Those people in that court aside from Travis's poor family need to be reminded what this is about, a man had his life taken away by a deceitful, deluded and selfish woman.

Frankly after dealing with the death penalty for over 20 years now I'm just f'ing FED UP with all this special consideration crap giving THE MOST VIOLENt and DANGEROUS of our society red carpet treatment in our legal system- so many kid gloves for these murderers. F'ing over it!!!

The judge should be over it too. So tired of the excuse that the judge is giving the DT lots of leeway because of the death penalty. Defense has had almost five years to come up with one plan.

This is so infuriating! The judge needs to start cracking the whip.

On another note, I agree with those who have said that Jodi has appropriated a ton of her scenario elements from pop culture. I think she sees herself as the wronged heroine in some sappy Lifetime movie; in fact, I can envision the first couple of scenes (from her perspective):

Open on a shot of a black misty FOG that slowly dissipates to reveal a gnarly hand (right? left?) gripping a bloody knife. The hand releases the knife which clangs loudly on a tiled floor - as the knife hurls to the ground we hear a blood curdling scream. Camera pans up to close-up of JODI's pigtailed face, mouth open in mid-scream, with two bloody hands pressed against her cheeks (note to self: think Munch's "Scream"). JODI starts shivering like a chihuahua as she frantically surveys the room....

Quick MTV cuts around room, accompanied by "whirr" of camera button being pressed: bullet on pool of blood/copious blood in sink/TRAVIS' body in shower. Black misty FOG starts swirling in again as we quick cut to....

Soundtrack (maybe Miranda Lambert's "Kerosene"?) playing over a bird's eye view of white Ford Focus wildly swerving across a two-lane desert highway. As camera pans in slowly, credits start to roll:

Working Titles: The Fog Who Loved Me/A Foggy Day in Mesa-Town/The Fog That Ate My Brain/Me & Foggy McGee (er, still working on it)

Written, Produced & Directed by JODI ARIAS

Starring:

Jennifer Love Hewitt as JODI
Bradley Cooper as TRAVIS
Andy Garcia as Prosecutor Martinez
Jimmy Smits as Det. Flores
Marc Anthony as Bobby Suarez
Robert Pattinson as Matt McCartney
Michael Richards as Darryl Brewer
Kristen Stewart as Mimi
John Goodman as Defense Attorney Nurmi
Tina Fey as Defense Attorney Wilmott
Rita Moreno as Defense Lady with Spangly Earrings
The Olson Twins as Ma/Auntie Arias

with special appearance by The Smoke Monster of Lost as THE FOG

Soundtrack by Foghat, Mel Torme [RIP] aka "The Velvet Fog" (others TBD)

Special consideration provided by: Starbucks, KY Jelly, Costco, Clairol, Standard Oil, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Western Costumes

As credits end and song fades out, we are now closer to the car as it careens off side of road and comes to abrupt stop. Cut to interior of car as black misty FOG starts to exit car through open windows and we see JODI slam up against steering wheel. She leans back in her seat and slowly shakes her head as though struggling to regain consciousness. Blinded by the desert sun she shields her eyes with one bloody hand....noticing the blood, she lifts her other hand and sees blood on that as well. She looks at her left hand, then at her right, maybe a couple more times until her face is filled with a horrible realization and then she screams (but not like a girl).

She quickly exits her car and runs to the trunk barefoot, fumbling with her keys to unlock it. Extreme close-up of bloody hands shaking. She reaches for a bottle of Costco water and rummages around for a rag.... she finds a ball of rope and picks it up with a quizzical look on her face. She moves her briefcase and finds a small gun; she picks this up as well and turns it over in her bloody hands as though this is something alien. Looking quickly around her, she establishes there's no one around her in the desert to witness this. She quickly pours the water over her hands, strips down to her skivvies and grabs a tank top, shorts and business shoes from her backpack and changes into them, balling up her old clothes, the gun and the rope and throwing them in the back seat. She hops into the car and takes off as THE FOG starts creeping through the windows, engulfing our heroine in its black misty claws.....

If anyone can come up with the next couple of scenes I'm open to collaborators. I'd like to work in Tori Spelling if at all possible.

Any idea when the seal comes down?
*Big Sigh*

By Christmas maybe :banghead:

No...seriously, judge called lawyers back at 1 az time, and jury back at 1:15....so maybe next tuesday:waitasec:

Slightly OT, but not really. Has anyone read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Holy cow that book reminds me of Jodi Arias so much. Scares the carp out of me! It's a really good, chilling read.

Awesome book, and yes Amy (in the book) is totally Jodi - but higher functioning. Yes, people, go read this book.

Debra Milke's conviction has been overturned. Does this mean she is set to go free? If yes then there will be only 2 women on death row and we can't have that. No problem Arias will fix that right up! Hurry up, Arias. Death row is calling your name!

Jesus Christ. Pat from Texas (hyuk hyuk) just called in to HLN and she believes Travis is a pedophile because "all he wanted is anal sex." What century are we in. Where am I.

OK... PTSD - P stands for Post, correct?

Was was her POST tramatic moment before she murdered Travis? This supposed abuse he gave her? In order to believe the PTSD they'll have to believe the abuse... and I don't think that'll happen. Or if they're talking about after she slaughtered Travis then that has no impact on the premeditated murder she committed.

Some old woman, a caller, just called HLN and told them that even though Jodi killed Travis .. Travis is guilty of many things himself.. She believes he was a pedophile cuz all he wanted from Jodi was anal sex)))

They are not sequestered for this trial. I think they're just waiting/having lunch early. :)

You would think that the two hour break from 11:15 to 1:15 would be their lunch, and that there won't be an afternoon lunch break. We shall see. At this rate, this trial won't be over until after Easter.

Love your Signature - I'm a HUGE I Love Lucy fan!!!!!!

This is so infuriating! The judge needs to start cracking the whip.

On another note, I agree with those who have said that Jodi has appropriated a ton of her scenario elements from pop culture. I think she sees herself as the wronged heroine in some sappy Lifetime movie; in fact, I can envision the first couple of scenes (from her perspective):

Open on a shot of a black misty FOG that slowly dissipates to reveal a gnarly hand (right? left?) gripping a bloody knife. The hand releases the knife which clangs loudly on a tiled floor - as the knife hurls to the ground we hear a blood curdling scream. Camera pans up to close-up of JODI's pigtailed face, mouth open in mid-scream, with two bloody hands pressed against her cheeks (note to self: think Munch's "Scream"). JODI starts shivering like a chihuahua as she frantically surveys the room....

Quick MTV cuts around room, accompanied by "whirr" of camera button being pressed: bullet on pool of blood/copious blood in sink/TRAVIS' body in shower. Black misty FOG starts swirling in again as we quick cut to....

Soundtrack (maybe Miranda Lambert's "Kerosene"?) playing over a bird's eye view of white Ford Focus wildly swerving across a two-lane desert highway. As camera pans in slowly, credits start to roll:

Working Titles: The Fog Who Loved Me/A Foggy Day in Mesa-Town/The Fog That Ate My Brain/Me & Foggy McGee (er, still working on it)

Written, Produced & Directed by JODI ARIAS

Starring:

Jennifer Love Hewitt as JODI
Bradley Cooper as TRAVIS
Andy Garcia as Prosecutor Martinez
Jimmy Smits as Det. Flores
Marc Anthony as Bobby Suarez
Robert Pattinson as Matt McCartney
Michael Richards as Darryl Brewer
Kristen Stewart as Mimi
John Goodman as Defense Attorney Nurmi
Tina Fey as Defense Attorney Wilmott
Rita Moreno as Defense Lady with Spangly Earrings
The Olson Twins as Ma/Auntie Arias

with special appearance by The Smoke Monster of Lost as THE FOG

Soundtrack by Foghat, Mel Torme [RIP] aka "The Velvet Fog" (others TBD)

Special consideration provided by: Starbucks, KY Jelly, Costco, Clairol, Standard Oil, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Western Costumes

As credits end and song fades out, we are now closer to the car as it careens off side of road and comes to abrupt stop. Cut to interior of car as black misty FOG starts to exit car through open windows and we see JODI slam up against steering wheel. She leans back in her seat and slowly shakes her head as though struggling to regain consciousness. Blinded by the desert sun she shields her eyes with one bloody hand....noticing the blood, she lifts her other hand and sees blood on that as well. She looks at her left hand, then at her right, maybe a couple more times until her face is filled with a horrible realization and then she screams (but not like a girl).

She quickly exits her car and runs to the trunk barefoot, fumbling with her keys to unlock it. Extreme close-up of bloody hands shaking. She reaches for a bottle of Costco water and rummages around for a rag.... she finds a ball of rope and picks it up with a quizzical look on her face. She moves her briefcase and finds a small gun; she picks this up as well and turns it over in her bloody hands as though this is something alien. Looking quickly around her, she establishes there's no one around her in the desert to witness this. She quickly pours the water over her hands, strips down to her skivvies and grabs a tank top, shorts and business shoes from her backpack and changes into them, balling up her old clothes, the gun and the rope and throwing them in the back seat. She hops into the car and takes off as THE FOG starts creeping through the windows, engulfing our heroine in its black misty claws.....

If anyone can come up with the next couple of scenes I'm open to collaborators. I'd like to work in Tori Spelling if at all possible.

Tried to bold my part, but, alas no happening.

Anyway, haha........just wanted to add that I bet they did some , ahem, interesting research on human sexuality in the mid seventies. Banana, add LSD to the mix as wee. Moo

Something is very wrong (intuition speaking) when a PhD has an interest both in evaluating sex offender AND has evaluates/practice in sex therapy. The dichotomy is so far apart yet has perverse tone to his interest. He likes sex offenders for cash cow.. yet he wants to treat those vulnerable individuals with deep intimate sexual issues. That just is a little perverse in my professional opinion. Then he writes treatment strategies for sex offenders when mega data shows treatment does not work. They are who they are. It is like treating heterosexual to not be one. Unfortunately for them their sexual orientation is perverse and very stuck in a bad bad place only to be locked up so they can not harm our children.

I don't mean to go on and on about this guy just something isn't right about him. The honorable professional sex therapist I have known over the years do not do evaluations for sex offenders and have sex therapy practice. They strictly help those with sensitive sexual issues.

Thank you for your patience and letting me vent several times now *sigh*

Awesome book, and yes Amy (in the book) is totally Jodi - but higher functioning. Yes, people, go read this book.

I second that! Clear your schedule when you start it. You will NOT put it down.

Debra Milke's conviction has been overturned. Does this mean she is set to go free? If yes then there will be only 2 women on death row and we can't have that. No problem Arias will fix that right up! Hurry up, Arias. Death row is calling your name!

Now there is an opening for her. Right this way, M'am. Your cell is waiting.

I have a feeling the PowerPoint will come in but won't be allowed to go back with the jury with the rest of the exhibits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89