Trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #86

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for posting this. I have had PTSD for 30 years and I am getting EMDR treatment now. I could not understand why my memory is so bad for the more important things in my life such as my children's childhoods. They recount funny things and I have no memory of any of it, yet I was there. Will these memories ever come back?

Have you ever taken medication for this?

I am beyond disgusted with this as well! Have you all seen this article from today??

Seriously??? She murders her 4 year old son and it's overturned because the state "failed to disclose information about a history of misconduct by a detective" etc... Stuff like this makes me absolutely SICK!!! That poor little boy. :(

I don't want to bog down this thread in this off-topic discussion, but I think the outcome of this appeal was just. This is what happens when a vigilante, dishonest police investigator circumvents the law and manipulates the evidence to get the outcome he desires.

Stay focused on the big picture, folks.

All the elements that go to premeditation days before the slaughter.

All the elements of post-crime coverup.

All of it. The jury has seen this all up close and personal. They will have the evidence right at hand during deliberations. You give me a randomly selected group of folks who will overwhelmingly agree that those wounds in Travis's back were created by an attacker who was in "self defense mode," and I will gladly sell you a bridge in Arizona.

So which side was the judge scolding right before they recessed? She said that this should have been presented in limine before trial started today--was that aimed at Juan?

I am beyond disgusted with this as well! Have you all seen this article from today??

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21642911/convictions-of-woman-on-ariz-death-row-overturned

PHOENIX (AP) - A federal appeals court has reversed the convictions and sentences of a woman convicted of murdering her son in a notorious case that put her on Arizona's death row.

Debra Jean Milke has been on death row for over 22 years after being convicted of first-degree murder and other charges in the 1989 killing of her son Christopher.

Prosecutors say Milke dressed the 4-year-old boy in his favorite outfit and told him he was going to see Santa in December 1989.

Instead, he was taken into the desert by two men and shot three times in the back of the head.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals;' ruling says the prosecution failed to disclose information about a history of misconduct by a detective who provided key incriminating testimony regarding Milke.

Seriously??? She murders her 4 year old son and it's overturned because the state "failed to disclose information about a history of misconduct by a detective" etc... Stuff like this makes me absolutely SICK!!! That poor little boy. :(

actually if you look at all the evidence and research-there is no proof she had anything to do with it. The guys who kiled him claim she told them to do it.The detective claimed she confessed but there was NO video or tape recording.....only his word. Yet his word alone got the DP? Beliving the guys who actually killed him is good enough for a DP???? The evidence was even more flimsy than CA's. This isn't Darlie Routier either. People are sent to DR and prison wrongfully at times. Just because someone is there in prison is not proof they are guilty. I am a huge proponent of the DP but this woman did not deserve DR. So this does not enrage me at all.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yep...same here...I started thinking I "thanked" too much...LOL

Yep, it's happened to me a couple of times too. I thought that maybe it was because I'm a new poster or somethin', but I guess not! I wonder why it happens?:waitasec:

no, THEY'RE NOT - Thank god

It's got to be difficult to avoid this case in the news... glad to know that they're not sequestered, though... that has to be hell on a juror and family.

I made a suggestion this morning in Tricia's True Crime Radio thread for an idea for the show featuring the members of this board. If any of you would like to add comments or suggestions, you can follow this link:

Guest Suggestions for Websleuths Radio - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is what I wrote:

Hello Tricia,

I'm so glad I've discovered your radio show since coming to Websleuths. I have a show topic suggestion, I hope you find it interesting.

Since the Travis Alexander trial began, it seems the whole country has taken an interest in what is going on in that courtroom in Arizona. Indeed, it was this trial that brought me to websleuths (first as a lurker, then as a cautious poster).

The threads fly by so quickly it's hard to keep up, but those of us who do have really developed a deep relationship with this trial--it is as if we take it personally. Indeed, just looking at the responses KatieCoollady generates (as she said on your show, in her PM box) overwhelms her and shows how we each have a story to tell. It seems like most everyone has a trauma or difficult life circumstance that ties them somehow to this case. "Mormon Attorney" I know, (just from her posts)--works with children and families who have attachment disorder, basically kids who can grow up to be Jodi (lack of empathy, lack of authentic connection to others, lack of identity).

What I'd like to suggest is an episode of "True Crime Radio" devoted to the regular forum participants. Forum participants can call in and talk about why this case means so much to them, what it is exactly that is drawing them to it almost obsessively. It would be about OUR psychology, since we've been on the merry-go-round of Jodi's psychology ad nauseum, but the case will be the unifying factor. Perhaps some of the really regular and long time members of Websleuths could be your guests, and the call in participants would share their stories.

You could post a request that TA/JA forum watchers consider the question "what draws you to this case" during the week to prepare for Sunday evening.

All the best,

This is the friendliest and most well mannered forum I have ever participated in.

Regards,
Lady Edith

I bet KatieCoollady would be willing to recommend some forum participants that she interacts with on a regular basis to prime the pump and get us going. Personally, I'd like to have KatieCoollady again, Britskate, and Mormon Attorney.

JM should have a video montage of all the times Jodi also "didn't remember" things in her interviews with Det. Flores. Those instances that she now claims were lies. Isn't it her MO to Lie with "I don't remember"?
I wondered something similar. I wish they could show clips of her testimony during the trial showing all the times she lied/contradicted herself. She's been on the stand so long that it seems it'd be hard for the jury to remember everything.

Court resumes at 1:00 AZ time, correct? That is in 15 min if they are on time. . . . :juggle: :waiting: :coffeews:

In the words of the Beatles...."I'm so tired my mind is on the blink, I'm so tired I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink. No, no, no."

OK...this judge has lost control of the courtroom. Allowing the DT to act in the manner in which they have is beyond ludicrous. Now, they spring new material and give JM no time to read or analyze it. The judge gets a bit snarky at JM...why? He JUST got the information!

Not impressed with this judge or DT in the least. The only compelling characters are JM and the psycho killer.

I may have to log off of this case for good. Too frustrating.

imo the dt and their experts are throwing everything against the wall hoping. ja's story about the closet is such a bold face lie among others, i think the jury will notice what the defense is trying to do.

after watching lots of trials i have not seen very many jurors that speak afterwards say the experts played a big part in their verdict. and we know jm will have his experts also. if ja will lie at the jury to their faces i believe the jury knows she will lie to her own experts. :moo:

JM should have a video montage of all the times Jodi also "didn't remember" things in her interviews with Det. Flores. Those instances that she now claims were lies. Isn't it her MO to Lie with "I don't remember"?

See, yeah! The way she doesn't remember is so obviously malingering. Real memory problems, including those from PTSD, don't manifest that way. Why do hers always benefit her court case, lol?

That's a strange malady, and quite common among criminals, too :D

Interesting. This article seems to help the prosecution more than the defense. According to the article:

"In the New York City police department, for example, officers involved in gunfights typically hit their intended targets only 18% of the time, according to a Rand study. When they fired 16 times at an armed man outside the Empire State Building last summer, they hit nine bystanders and left 10 bullet holes in the suspect—a better-than-average hit ratio. In most cases, officers involved in shootings experience a kaleidoscope of sensory distortions including tunnel vision and a loss of hearing."

Yet, according to Jodi, she was able to accurately shoot a moving target in the head at the height of her fear.

Additionally:

"Glennon was a police-academy trainer, unusually well schooled in survival skills. But from the moment he saw the revolver, his mind entered a state unlike anything he’d experienced before. “Oh s—! Gun!” he said, spinning his body hard to the left, missing a bullet by inches or less.

Without his conscious knowledge, the sight of the gun had sent a signal to his brain stem, passing a message to his amygdala—the primal, almond-shaped mass of nuclei that controls the fear response from deep within the brain’s temporal lobe. The amygdala, in turn, triggered a slew of changes throughout Glennon’s body. His blood vessels constricted so that he would bleed less if he got wounded. His heart rate shot up. A surge of hormones charged through his system, injecting power to his major muscle groups should he need to fight or flee."

In this case, Travis' reaction to seeing the gun (if he indeed saw it) contradicts what should have happened according to this paragraph. Instead of fear and flight, he lunged (according to Jodi).

The referenced Time article is hardly relevant to the defense case. Most of you will recall that this article appeared in the context of the CT school shooting and the value of arming class room teachers in order to abort further in school shooter attacks. The article clearly depicts how the brain reacts to real life “fight or flight” situation. Even trained policeman are not particularly accurate in making split second decisions and shooting the “bad guy” in a place that incapacitates him. The article deals with neuropsychology of shooting a gun at another person.
The gist of the article in fact harms JA claim of shooting TA in a way she described it happened. The article gives pause to anybody who thinks a home gun is a sure deterrent and an instrument of safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member