trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the anxiety I get when I kill someone, get arrested and put in jail pending my trial for murder with the death penalty hanging over my head.

Post of the year.

This guy really is a Gus, he's very enamored with Jodi and the media attention of this case. He's playing for the camera, the audience and posing all sorts of "theories" with the assumption of her innocence which he isn't really qualified to pose or assume. The defense seems to be confident in him, but he does not perform well with professionalism as an expert witness at least to me.

I have a feeling, I could be wrong, that JM will tear him up.

That, and to me, the defense (JW) seems un-prepared/professional. I can't put my finger on it, but she seems off.

Somebody nudge Nurmi - he is nodding off.

Wake_up.gif

So, I guess this guy is trying to say...Jodi is really, really sorry for what she did...'cause she really is a nice person...it's just that the murder she comitted got in the way of her being her true self. This is laughable.

He really is such a Nurmi isn't he? My new noun for anyone icky.

That's so funny. My son came home from school today in a grumpy, mouthy mood and I told him he was acting really Nurmi. He knows I watch this trial, and who Nurmi is. He got really mad, and had a few words for me. Then we both just laughed. But I agree with you. Icky and Nurmi are one in the same.

He is going in circles.....spinning......spinning.....spinning.

When I forget something important from now on, I'm going to tell my husband, "Oh, fiddlesticks! My brain must not have formed that memory!"

I'm not even listening to this. Someone let me know if I'm missing anything.

So far, I think he's helping the prosecution:

1. He called her the perpetrator of a homicide;
2. He says the PTSD is from being the perpetrator;
3. All the non-memory so far stems from killing TA;
4. He seems very willing to relate to her in the "Criminal" context. He's not referring to her as someone who killed in "self defense."

Thoughts?

Methinks one of his primary goals is to provide credibility to her memory loss, in the hopes that a juror will, therefore, believe she is being honest about her version of events. Additionally, he will tie all of it with a bow to her childhood "abuse" and the claims of violence at the hand of Travis.

I have faith that the jury will put as much weight on his testimony as they do on hers (ZERO).

Guess we'll never know how many murders have been prevented because of the expertise of psych doctors such as Samuels, but they all seem to have 20/20 rearview diagnosis after the murders have been commited.

I officially have PTSD and hope to get on disability from listening to all this nonsense for weeks.

Wait - he had to powerpoint sections of one time magazine article in order to make his point, but he can carry an enormous book, and a binder full of Juan-knows-what on the witness stand?

Wait she didn't try to stay away from things that reminded her of the crime!! She ASKED to be driven back to Travis' house after the memorial!!!!!!!!!

:headache: Acute Stress too? She has bad dreams?

She couldn't tell anybody she killed someone. The turmoil must've been significant. Ah, the disturbance was JODI.

I'm the one going :nuts: listening to this guy.

:okay:

That's so funny. My son came home from school today in a grumpy, mouthy mood and I told him he was acting really Nurmi. He knows I watch this trial, and who Nurmi is. He got really mad, and had a few words for me. Then we both just laughed. But I agree with you. Icky and Nurmi are one in the same.

Works equally well as an adjective or noun doesn't it?

What does any of this witness' testimony have to do with Jodi feeling that her life was in danger because of Travis' "linebacker lunge" as she pointed a gun at his head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member