trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not complaining since it means we aren't getting nurmied anymore.

but i felt like i was watching my great niece sarah, who's 20 and a hairdresser, playing like she's a lawyer.

bbm - Excellent use of the word!! :clap:

He's a disgrace to combat vets and cops everywhere. No startling at sounds for Jody.

picture.php

Gus and Dr Samuels

Not to worry....JM will wipe that smug smile off her face in rebuttal. Too bad the jury didn't see JA and KN giving each other invisible high-fives! She makes me SICK!

OMG, this guy is just blabbing. this isn't like any expert witness testimony i've ever heard before. 'can you imagine not being able to tell anyone?' what the hell kind of thing is that for him to say?

You know funny the DT puts someone on the stand & they drag out their testiphony or sextimoany beyond concise respones.. I do believe they want us all to stab our eyes out or slit our wrists (cuz lil miss thang can't do her own) and get a mistrial!

(sorry about miss thang comment pls let it slide this time :please:)

In one of her first police interviews with Det. Flores, he asked her if she wanted to see the photos. She replied with "yes, in a morbid kind of way".

Regarding the drive by. When she was going back into Phoenix after the murder, she got a ride from someone ( I can't remember who) and he said that she asked him to drive her by Travis' house.

Thank you!

I just got back from vacation and caught the last few minutes. Aren't "expert" witnesses supposed to testify that their diagnoses or conclusions are to some degree of medical or professional certainty? Didn't he just say that he didn't see her until 18 months after such a diagnosis could have been made, so he "supposes" that would have been his conclusion in mid 2008 based on what she told him at the end of 2009? How the heck is this even allowed in as "expert" testimony?

10 AM Pacific time. . .remember Daylight Savings Time nonsense makes AZ on Pacific time.

Oh yeah! Thanks, I wish they had to observe the time change in Arizona. It was hard enough to decipher before, but now.... :waitasec:

OMFG! The snarky smiles between JA & Nurmi I think I'm going to be sick or stricken blind!

I'm telling you the DT they are just low down shameful pieces.. aren't they?

I saw that earlier too, while the jury was there! I hoped someone else noticed?

All sounds like a narcissistic

injury to me....

That, and to me, the defense (JW) seems un-prepared/professional. I can't put my finger on it, but she seems off.
from the first day that I heard her speak, I thought the same.....she speaks as tho she is never sure of what she is saying.....almost like asking a question while stating a fact.....did that make sense??

I know I'm a wee bit biased but I like our psychological theories a whole lot more. Ya know - like she's a raging, narcissistic, sadistic psychopath who is lying about events real people struggle years and decades to overcome just so she once again doesn't have to be accountable for said raging, narcissistic, sadistic psychopathy. :biggrin:

our psych theory explains why she murdered.
his explained why she may not actually remember stuff - which is not all that relevant. she's not on trial for poor memory.

No, that is not true (what I bolded). I had PTSD for several years that was professionally diagnosed and treated, and I did not remember the major parts of the event for years. I still had PTSD. My flashbacks and triggers just made no sense to me; I didn't know what they were or what they related to. I thought I was going crazy, like having psychosis of some sort. At first my shrink thought I was having panic attacks.

After a long time, the rest of the pieces fell into place as the memories came back slowly. My flashbacks and triggers made sense then. It's like they were hinting of the real event.

I was never told that not remembering it was unusual at all. It is definitely still PTSD even if your mind has blocked key parts of the event. Mine was called (a) dissociative disorder/PTSD, and maybe it's not always considered dissociative, though. I'm not sure about that part. Dissociative states can affect memory, absolutely. They aren't considered normal states of consciousness.

But even though you didn't have intact memories, you were having flashbacks. That is a memory even though you had no context. Jodi is claiming no memory. And her little vague memories are just as self serving as her lack of memory elsewhere. IMO

Uh huh. SHE pointed out symptoms to him.

I kinda coulda guessed that one. ;)

What I've interpreted from this unusual testimony is that the jury is suppose to believe that Jodi suffers from PTSD as a result of her murderous actions resulting in Travis' death, therefore she has memory losses of what actually happened during the murder. I don't see where any of his testimony addressed the self-defense claim.

That makes sense. And then the DV expert to explain the "self-defence".

Surprise, surprise - she is now acting like KC anthony. All smiles and flirts when the jury is gone........... :banghead:
betterptsdcombo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member