trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
was still there? I hope so. I hope she starts being her smirky, snooty self and starts whooping it up for her certain "victory". I just can't believe this jury will buy it, even though I still don't get what "it" is. I mean, who cares if she gave herself PTSD by viciously murdering someone. I think she really thinks the jury will just say, "Oh, OK, we understand. Time for you to go home, poor thing. You've been mistreated long enough".

She and Nurmi were standing up, so it was probably AFTER the jury filed out. She is too slick to let them see her true dark side.

"The client circles any symptoms that they recognize and I add them up, and hers was confirmed as PTSD. "

REALLY? Jodi gets to check the box of any 'symptoms' she wants to list, and you take that as credible in your diagnosis?

Anybody with google could figure out how to get the diagnosis of choice if so inclined. I would imagine.

She said she would not tell them she was suicidal because they would make her sit naked in a cell for some undetermined amount of time.

Ok since when does she consider that bad? Court is the first time I've seen her clothed...

She only likes to expose her icky bits (can't be unseen) <shudder> for a camera or anyone with a kick stand.

She said she would not tell them she was suicidal because they would make her sit naked in a cell for some undetermined amount of time.

Ok since when does she consider that bad? Court is the first time I've seen her clothed...

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Spot on. I'm scared to look at photos in this case anymore...

9:30 court tomorrow, see everyone at 12:30 EST. Night

It would not surprise me if JM has a degree in psychology. Or at least a huge understanding of it and the terminology. My husband was a criminal attorney and he was always taking courses in something so that he could better understand his client as well as potential jurors. Attorneys are like doctors they never stop studying and learning. JM seems so educated and smart. jmo

Of course she meets the criteria as most others who have slaughtered someone and are hoping for sympathy and rewards after the crime.
Jean c. Remarked yesterday that JA was extremely intelligent and brought up the BIG words she uses so it seems you can fool anybody. Maybe I'm wrong but expanding your vocabulary and committing a terrible murder doesn't add up to intelligence . Sounds like a freaking idiot to me.:jail:

First off, this is my first day on the forum, but I've been lurking here since the trial started. Anyway, Dr. Samuels reminded me of the doctor from that movie Cannonball Run. Remember him? That's what this guy reminds me of. A total bottom-feeding quack. Seriously, Time magazine?

:welcome6:

I gave up after this mornings fiasco and them leaving for lunch. Now I even wonder if I should watch this BS on You Tube. When I saw Richard Samuels, he reminded me of that PPL guy that I couldn't stand (don't even remember his name).

Did JM even get a crack at him, or do I have to wait until Monday.

Thanks to everyone who had the heart to sit through this <unusual person>.

MOO

Mel
It's Gus you're thinking of. Seen one goof - seen them all.

Clinical things I used to diagnose the defendant as an evil sociopathic premeditated murderer:

June 10, 2008 phone interview with Det Flores
June 21, 2008 voicemail message to Det Flores
June 25, 2008 phone interview with Det Flores
July 15, 2008 police interrogation
July 16, 2008 police interrogation
Sept 2008 Inside Edition interview
Sept 2008 48 Hours interview
Sept 2008 Press Conference with the Media
Text messages
Diary entries
Defendant's testimony for 18 very very long way too long days

Can't wait until I get my big fat check in the mail. :lol:
:skip:

You should get a check in the mail for all of the picture and media projects you do here.... if Ricard Samuel really gets paid for that 'slideshow' and Time magazine 'research' junk, you deserve a little something'something!

Ok what do you think fits JA more?

Common symptoms of PTSD and Complex PTSD that sufferers report experiencing

hypervigilance (feels like but is not paranoia)
exaggerated startle response
irritability
sudden angry or violent outbursts flashbacks
nightmares
intrusive recollections, replays
violent visualizations
triggers
sleep disturbance
exhaustion, adrenal fatigue and chronic fatigue
reactive depression
guilt
shame
feelings of detachment
avoidance behaviors
nervousness
anxiety
phobias about specific daily routines, events or objects
irrational or impulsive behaviour
loss of interest
loss of ambition
anhedonia (inability to feel joy and pleasure)
poor concentration
impaired memory
joint pains, muscle pains (sometimes becomes Fibromyalgia and/or Chronic Myofascial Pain)
emotional numbness
physical numbness
low self-esteem
an overwhelming sense of injustice and a strong desire to do something about it.

http://masksofsanity.blogspot.com/2009/02/ptsd-post-traumatic-stress-disorder.html

OR.......

Proponents of Psychopaths

Factor 1 — Aggressive Narcissism

1.Glibness/superficial charm
2.Grandiose sense of self-worth
3.Pathological lying
4.Cunning/manipulative
5.Lack of remorse or guilt
6.Emotionally shallow
7.Callous/lack of empathy
8.Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2 — Socially Deviant Lifestyle

1.Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
2.Parasitic lifestyle
3.Poor behavioral control
4.Promiscuous sexual behavior
5.Lack of realistic, long-term goals
6.Impulsiveness
7.Irresponsibility
8.Juvenile delinquency
9.Early behavioral problems
10.Revocation of conditional release

Traits not correlated with either factor

1.Many short-term marital relationships
2.Criminal versatility

http://country-of-liars.com/about/traits/

Need we say more???

Of course she meets the criteria as most others who have slaughtered someone and are hoping for sympathy and rewards after the crime.
Jean c. Remarked yesterday that JA was extremely intelligent and brought up the BIG words she uses so it seems you can fool anybody. Maybe I'm wrong but expanding your vocabulary and committing a terrible murder doesn't add up to intelligence . Sounds like a freaking idiot to me.:jail:

Jenky is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

This is ridiculous! Why do they have expert witnesses to explain what happened to JA *after* she murdered Travis?

The jury is supposed to feel sorry for JA because she couldn't turn to friends and family to confide her horrific murderous behavior?

What does this remotely have to do with committing the murder?

It's the meek attempt at explaining away jodi's convenient FOG.

He really needs to explain the :convenience" part of it.

She only likes to expose her icky bits (can't be unseen) <shudder> for a camera or anyone with a kick stand.

You guys are cracking me up today!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

A lot better than watching this hire-a-quack on You Tube. I've already fast-forwarded through 32 minutes.

Anybody with google could figure out how to get the diagnosis of choice if so inclined. I would imagine.

Speaking to the docs statement that those criteria would be hard to fake. He just doesn't know Jodi. And he doesn't know much in my opinion if he could not tell she is a sociopath. Lying and fooling people is her way of life. jmo

Didn't he say he gave her the MMPI? And wouldn't that test show psychopathy?
MCMI so it would only show personality disorder as equated with the DSM-IV. The only true tests for actual psychopathy that I know of are the PCL-R and the newer PPI-R. Then you have the broader aspect of psychopathic deviate within the MMPI too.

So he had alternatives when testing but used what I call the tongue depressor, 'Say ahhh' of psychology. (Not dissin' the psych field but its about as broad based a test as you can get.)

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member