trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After giving it some thought, I think JW anticipates that JM will bring up the ethics citation in NJ. She seemed to be preempting this in the beginning of his testimony by having him give a reason for moving his work to AZ. She also seems to be preempting the contradictory statements Jodi gave to him and then testified to something different. Juan, on a few occasions, asked her about things she told to Samuals and the DV expert that was different from her testimony. She denied ever telling them some things. So now Samuals says he didn't record anything (read he mis-wrote her statements or mis-remembered exactly what she said.)

I don't think the jury will buy it. It smells like so much BS.

BBM

Oh right. I had almost forgot that he said that, right upfront. He said he never records his sessions, and he takes notes, BUT he doesn't always write fast enough, so it takes a few sessions to get it all...:waitasec:

That sounded so weird to me. Here he says he relies upon all of this court sanctioned trial work, yet he keeps very shoddy records, and no audio tape.

Also, he was very proud of himself when he explained that he didn't need to get a second opinion, to verify his diagnosis. His explanation was that he gave a 45 question, self- taken multiple choice test to 'confirm' the diagnosis. :cough:

Well...in Russian teeth are called "zoobies".

JM can say, "Good Morning, sir. How are you and your zoobies, today?".
He can then turn to JA and say, "Mam, how are you and your boobies, today?"....LOL

Sorry....had to do it!

Paid for and bought boobies

Pink Panther
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexlex
on dr drew they had footage of her going out of court with that notebook in her hand. I guess it's hers.... not a secret message system

Who says she didn't retrieve and/or send back a message? The orange file is hers for sure. Do you remember the magazine chute?

She sure looked sneaky pulling out her stubby ikea pencil!

Link snipped from last thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adTQKWFG-PI

Below is what I see and it looks down right SNEAKY!
10:23 Looks @ NURMI
10:49 Nurmi turns back to her
11:01 Reaches for orange folder takes something out
11:38 Scratches arm
11:53 mouth movement
12:37 mouth movement
12:46 Dr. strangely watching Jodi - while testifying
12:47 Jodi puts something in folder
13:54 jodi-breath, rubs side of nose, adjust glasses
13:59 looks down
14:08 brief eye roll toward nurmi
14:11 scratches under right eye
15:20 during side bar looks around
15:25 moves left arm down
15:57 jodi fiddling w/something
16:50 jodi rolls eyes toward nurmi then away
16:52 Jodi again rolls eyes toward nurmi
19:02 scratches right arm
19:35 looks down
21:02 reaches, picks something up & places under writing pad
21:20 Pulls hand away
21:23 looks at orange folder
21:26 adjusts glasses

I wouldn't put ANYTHING past her.
NO ONE acts like that who is doing no wrong.
I would love to have a body language expert's take on all her actions, facial expressions and body movements.
JMO

I have noticed a guard behind her. Maybe he should be watching her more closely.

Good morning all :seeya:

I will admit that I didnt listen to a lot of the "doctor" onthe stand yesterday, but that I did hear, was that SHE instigated the attack and shes DENYING the truth.

Thats all I got from the crap he was spewing.

And THAT, I agree with - anything else is BS.

JMO

I think Jodi got some of her ideas from him when she was setting up her abuse defense. He talks about the fog and the shaking. It is so easy to find out about PTSD. All you have to do is put it in search, and there are all the symptoms. He doesn't seem to think that he could be fooled, but anyone who can lie as easily as JA could easily fool someone. I wasn't impressed at all with him. Is this the best the defense could come up with? I think she remembers it all. She picks and chooses what to remember, and it is all to her advantage. This is one of the most vicious murders I have ever read about, and I hope she is found guilty.

i know right? it's like he's thinking 'why are you doing this to me?'.

if the sitting shower pic was 5:30 what was the time on the picture before that? it would give us a good idea of what was going on between those minutes or seconds. i can't seem to find a site that has them in order with the timestamps shown in every picture. the last one i saw was 5:24, a lot could happen in six minutes.

eta: does anyone think she went with the gun first story because that's what detective flores told her and she didn't know about the M.E. report at the time she conjured up her tale?

There was a post on one of the other threads....long ago, where someone actually did a "time lapse" of the pictures.
If a pic was taken then the time between the next was 1 min, that pic would be there until the next one was taken and so on thru the whole sequence of time between each pic.
I need to go find it....you really don't realize how long a minute seems when you're waiting on the next picture.

BBM

Oh right. I had almost forgot that he said that, right upfront. He said he never records his sessions, and he takes notes, BUT he doesn't always write fast enough, so it takes a few sessions to get it all...:waitasec:

That sounded so weird to me. Here he says he relies upon all of this court sanctioned trial work, yet he keeps very shoddy records, and no audio tape.

Also, he was very proud of himself when he explained that he didn't need to get a second opinion, to verify his diagnosis. His explanation was that he gave a 45 question, self- taken multiple choice test to 'confirm' the diagnosis. :cough:

He seems to be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. I thought he was interesting at first...then with all the so called bragging < for the lack of a better word ~
He kind of reminded me of Gus Searcy. MOO

Like I said, I missed yesterday's testimony (for which I should be grateful, I understand). What I'm getting from it is: Jodi got PTSD from brutally killing somebody. The PTSD is what is now causing her memory fognesia(TM). Is that right?

It seems to me that we have gotten several different stories of the fog. On direct exam. with Nurmi, what I got from what she was saying,she wasn't claiming to be in a fog during the killing itself. The fog actually descended afterwards: when she got out of the car in the desert she realized she couldn't remember what had happened. This actually seemed pretty clever, since it accounts for the actions she took cleaning up afterwards, etc., when she clearly wasn't in a fog, but now she's got a reason why she can't remember anything.

During the cross exam from JM, I thought she repeated this claim. Then on cross exam by JM after the juror questions, she was saying that she didn't know when the fog descended and sort of implied that it might have occurred during the killing itself.

Then we have this "expert" yesterday who seems to be saying that she has PTSD from the killing which is "blocking" her memories of the killing.

All this seems so complicated and even contradictory, if I was a juror I'd be ignoring all if it. JMO

Just as an aside, I've seen several people questioning why she didn't get treatment for this alleged PTSD. Since she was arrested so soon after the murder, I can see why she didn't seek treatment on the outside. Wouldn't you think, though, that Sheriff Joe, for all his faults, would not really want someone with untreated PTSD in the general jail population? I would think he'd want to put her in a more isolated setting, if nothing else. But I suppose there are prisoners with untreated PTSD in all jails, so perhaps I'm being unrealistic.

[video=youtube;pEEW7S16o0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEEW7S16o0c[/video]

This is one of them....

Dr Sanja Gupta said this Dr doesn't know what he is talking about re the amnesia lol

Juan has all weekend to get his questioning in line. I am glad Juan did not question Samuels yesterday. Is Samuels on the stand again on Monday? This man looks much like Gus and has a similar voice. I hope he doesn't spar with Juan with semantics. I am sure Juan will be fully prepared Monday to tear the mans testimony apart regarding JA and her fog and PTSD.

This psychologist seems soooooo unprofessional! JMO

I wonder if the reason that the prosecution had never seen the Powerpoint of Samuels' testimony was because the DT had created it (or helped Samuels create it) the day before. Perhaps once they got an idea of how he was going to testify, they thought it would make him look more professional.

It is correct that the PTSD diagnosis was totally new? Seems like if the DT had heard about it before, it would have been brought up a lot sooner.

Lets not forget the Dr has an agenda. He is writing a book. Last night DR Drews Juror Katie heard the Dr say when he came into court that this trial was going to be good for HIS BOOK. The man has an agenda.

Well...in Russian teeth are called "zoobies".

JM can say, "Good Morning, sir. How are you and your zoobies, today?".
He can then turn to JA and say, "Mam, how are you and your boobies, today?"....LOL

Sorry....had to do it!

Did anybody say who bought her breasts anyway. We know she did not have that kind of money.

I don't know how to feel (sorry, that's how to feeeeeeelll) about this ethics complaint. On the one hand, this guy seems to have made a rather obvious and stupid mistake, which certainly says something about him. OTOH, if I was a juror would this really affect how I see his testimony? From what I understand from you guys watching it yesterday, it's already obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about. If I was JM I'm not sure I'd bother bringing up the ethics thing unless the jurors were inclinded to believe the guy.

On his CV he listed that he was appointed by the court in NJ to testify as an expert. Wonder if when he was caught he said he had no memory due to stress. That a sudden "fog" rolled in. :floorlaugh:

Lets not forget the Dr has an agenda. He is writing a book. Last night DR Drews Juror Katie heard the Dr say when he came into court that this trial was going to be good for HIS BOOK. The man has an agenda.

I think we're gonna see that none of this is being taken seriously by the jury when they ask their questions.
AND, it's gonna be amusing to see how he answers when it's the JUDGE asking the questions, and not JW.

I am on the road right now. What time is court today? Eastern Time?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Morning :seeya:

Did I see somewhere that court is in today and televised but no jury?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think we're gonna see that none of this is being taken seriously by the jury when they ask their questions.
AND, it's gonna be amusing to see how he answers when it's the JUDGE asking the questions, and not JW.

Hope so.

Regarding your post about the zoobies and the boobies.
Well we just need some comic relief here don't we?
It appears that a lot of us do not get much sleep and are here most of the day. Ugh!! I just do not want the DF team to get away with trickery.

Morning :seeya:

Did I see somewhere that court is in today and televised but no jury?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That is what I heard. 9:30 AZ time. I need to get some things done before 12.30 my time so I am able to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela