trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like HLN is getting ready to re-play that video of Galanos' attempt at 62 seconds. Was the area used the same distance as Travis' bathroom, closet, hallway etc?

Vinnie Politan just said on HLN that next week they will be recreating the scene with a made-to-scale setup of the scene of the crime (closet, hallway, shower, etc). Should be really interesting! On Monday night "HLN After Dark" (9pm Central).

Oh, my goodness! I just saw the reenactment of the killing on HLN to see if it could be done in that length of time. The guy was counting so fast there wouldn't even be time to pull the knife out to stab again. Most of those things could not be done in that length of time by an ordinary person, even if Travis was completely still and not fighting back at all. That is ridiculous! It could not have happened like that. What was HLN thinking?

Really? Was it one of those computer generated things?

Oh, my goodness! I just saw the reenactment of the killing on HLN to see if it could be done in that length of time. The guy was counting so fast there wouldn't even be time to pull the knife out to stab again. Most of those things could not be done in that length of time by an ordinary person, even if Travis was completely still and not fighting back at all. That is ridiculous! It could not have happened like that. What was HLN thinking?

Do you have a link for that? Everyone is talking about it.

OMG just watched the video. She's doing a handstand, laughing to herself, saying that she should've done her makeup, singing a song to herself about her memory, and digging through the trash bin...while the detective is out the room. She is completely crazy. I've always felt bad for Travis and felt that he had no idea what he was dealing with but this takes it to a new level. She had a better chance at insanity. Watching this video further proves that she is CRAZY. I feel like I just watched the excorsist or something. Why didn't the jury see this when they played the interrogation video? OMG! :what:

She had to know she was being recorded so I wonder if she did this deliberately to seem crazy? I think I would rather think she was acting than that what I just saw was real. :what: I expected pea soup at any moment.

That video has got to be one of the most bizarre pieces of footage I have seen regarding a person about to be arrested for murder...

Words from above posters say it best...

Scenes from an exorcism...

Less depth than a ding dong or a p-nut butter and jelly sandwich...

:silly:

I couldn't believe my eyes! Why hadn't they played that!

Honestly, If I'm JM .. I do NOT want the jury to see this video. I would be concerned that a juror might look at this and think "My God, this girl is out of her freaking mind" ... and then NOT want to give her the DP on account of her being batsnip crazy.

I do wonder if the good Dr may not return on Monday and his Thursday testimony thrown out, is that possible?

JMO - he'll be back but JM will argue vehemently against allowing this whackadoodle to even mutter a word about premeditation.

I think I know where little Dr. is going. In talking about her PTSD he consistently called her the perp. The defense is going to try to stretch in that she has perfect recall of what they allege Travis did to her because she was the victim in those instances - therefore she can recall them perfectly. Taking a gamble and predicting that no way in heck does little Dr. get the opportunity to speak to the differences between reactive and instrumental homicides. This is a low sneaky tactic by the defense but no one can say they aren't trying every trick they can think of to save her less than worthless life. Premeditation is the provence of the jury, not the Dr.'s.

I bet Mr. Martinez will spend most of the weekend in consultation with his own expert (the lady who had the laptop stolen, I believe), to gear himself up to challenge Samuels' diagnosis.

These are some of the points I think he will use to destroy Samuels' credibility:

1. Samuels' 1970/80 training, with no documented 'continuing education' since.

2. The ethical reprimand and fine in New Jersey and subsequent move to Arizona to become a hired gun.

3. Samuel's web page boast of being able to 'get anyone off' (not a verbatim quote by me).

4. Mention of his upcoming book on the stand (self-promotion), and hopefully Juan will slip in that Samuels was speaking of same in the hallway Thursday. Of course, Wilmott will object vigorously, but just to get the fact known to the jury will serve his purpose.

5. When did Samuels last have an actual client? (slipping in reminder that he is "over them").

6. Lack of Samuels' own published papers; relying on articles such as that published in Time magazine, dated January 2013, written by a non-accredited author on the subject of school shootings.

7. Samuels' dependence on reading criteria and diagnosis from a non-current copy of the DSM, coupled with his memory problem, or lack of organisation, concerning the criteria the defendant purportedly met, both in his notes and on the test papers.

8. Draw attention to the caveat on the PTSD test sheet regarding no built in protection against false answers and conclusions (not a verbatim quote on my part).

9. The coincidence in the mutual use of buzz words used by Samuels and Arias. i.e. computer/brain analogy, foggy memory, etc.

10. Did Samuels recommend counselling for Arias' purported PTSD condition? If not, why not?

... Then on to the ripping apart of his diagnosis and opinions.

I predict Samuels will start out hostile and defensive, followed by stuttering and stammering confusion, culminating in whimpish surrender!

i might also add shaking. lol

I think this whole tragedy was triggered by the trip. I often wonder if he could have broken away if there was no trip.

cancun.jpg

Does anyone know! How fox retained this video?
And why it wasn't used in trial? I'm curious as to how fox obtained it. She's off the hook loca! I've never seen anything like this! I wonder if she was laughing! Singing and taunting travis! Between rage. Wow

Travis 's mutilated decomposing body was found in the shower along with the time stamped photos and of course Jodi Arias's confession so we know it did happen quickly and decisively albeit Travis didn't go down as easily as she anticipated in that sick, dangerously evil mind of hers.

I think this whole tragedy was triggered by the trip. I often wonder if he could have broken away if there was no trip.

cancun.jpg

If there was no trip she would have shown up and murdered him the night before his wedding. To someone else. I think she had him in her sights and Travis had no safety from this evil demon. I think she was that commited to murdering him, eventually. :(

Exactly.

She is more highly disturbed than I ever thought possible. She has to be one of the most sociopathic, psychotic people this world has ever seen. Literally.

OR... just playing devil's advocate here, she could be putting on a I AM CRAZY "show". She KNOWS they are video taping her. Either way she is a certified lunatic.

This was on Fox News...has anyone seen it?

Grrr... copy and paste the link.

video.foxnews.com/v/2228330829001/accused-murderer-jodi-arias-bizarre-behavior-caught-on-tape

omg! Reminds me of Amanda Knox doing cartwheels

Here's the video from the song Jodi sang to herself...Dido "Here with me"

[video=youtube;tlXyHlszjQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlXyHlszjQA[/video]

She's standing in her lovers bedroom watching him from the closet. I swear this case is just so creepy! I can imagine Jodi hiding in the closet watching Travis

Does anyone know! How fox retained this video?
And why it wasn't used in trial? I'm curious as to how fox obtained it. She's off the hook loca! I've never seen anything like this! I wonder if she was laughing! Singing and taunting travis! Between rage. Wow

I believe she knew the camera was on her the whole time and she was entertaining herself knowing she had an audience.

I will be asking Janine Driver about this on Monday fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicbexy