trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From: http://psychotherapyandcounseling.org/dissociative-disorders-category/dissociative-amnesia

Dissociative Amnesia – DSM IV Definition

Dissociative Amnesia is codified 300.12 in DSM-IV. The disorder used to be called Psychogenic Amnesia.

Diagnostic Criteria

According to DSM-IV, the following criteria must be met in order for a diagnosis of dissociative amnesia to be arrived at:

Criterion A: an inability to recall information of a very personal nature. The inability may be the outcome of an underlying trauma or stress. The inability to recollect cannot be attributed to normal forgetfulness.

Criterion B: memory is reversibly impaired. Memories of personal nature cannot be recalled in verbal form. Even if it is temporarily retrieved, the memory cannot be retained wholly in one’s consciousness. The impairment does not occur exclusively during the course of other dissociative disorders (such as dissociative identity disorder, dissociative fugue, etc), PTSD, acute stress disorder, or somatization disorder. The impairment is also not a result of substance abuse, and it is not due to any neurological or general medical condition.

Criterion C: the symptoms of the disorder are such as to cause clinical stress which is significant in nature, and which can impair the subject’s social, occupational, or other areas of functioning.

IMO, based on testimony thus far, we have a failure of Criterion C to even get to a clinical diagnosis.

A couple questions for the doctor: If Jodi was in fight or flight mode, why did she run into a closet, thus cornering herself, instead of out the door, which posed a much easier exit for her?

because she watches too much TV/movies where the victim is being chased and they ALWAYS run into a dark alley or in a dark starewell going UP to a roof. never ever run to safety! trap yourself!

Yeah, I seen her big lips start quivering, almost starting to cry. Oh puleeezz! Is that for the jury, Jodi?? I don't even understand what she was getting upset about! Oh I know, she figures she had better start showing some fake emotion![/Q]

Please feel sorry for ME :please:
Poor lil ole ME :please:
It was ON a accident, I mean....I THINK it was. I don't remember :please:
I feel so sorry for ME

Jodi doesn't want to admit she showered with Travis' body, she had to make sure her DNA was off him, I bet her hands were bleeding from the cuts she got from the knife slipping from stabbing TA. Now she cannot admit that. Con-job Jodi. Jodi doesn't want to admit she showered with a corpse either.
Where were her shoes? The cops didn't find them. There was a bloody shoe-print not being talked about. She said she lost her shoes, I think Jodi knows she left that print or once again, she saw the crime scene photos and Jodi is playing forensics expert, re-writing stories as she sees evidence. To do all this, Jodi needed the fog or amnesia.

The crime scene photos show that his body was washed clean of blood (In opening, JM mentions this). Part of the reason for this cleaning was that her blood got mixed in with his and she couldn't tell which blood was hers so she cleaned it all off. Leaving any of her DNA on him would have been very incriminating (no, "i lived there for months and months" would get her out of it). The shower shoot ruse solved the problem -- all DNA from skin cells, blood cells, and vaginal fluids washed down the drain.

Fran, I try to put myself in the place of a juror. If I heard that an expert witness who is attesting to the psychological condition of the defendant (and being paid for it) had an ethical breech in the past, my ears would perk. Especially when the violation has to do with bartering, or being paid for, his conclusions. And when JM draws it out of him that he had to attend an ethics and morals class as a result of it, I might go so far as to discount everything he says about Jodi's condition, memory, and so forth.

To me, whether or not it is "related" to the case, it's certainly related to the trial, as this expert witness has a history of ethics violations when he's receiving payment for his opinion.

THAT is a big deal. I believe the jurors will not be so forgiving as some might think.

(And that's not even going into the fact that the testimony from this unpublished expert has been based on popular media and summary articles.)

All these "experts" can get on the stand and say whatever they want, but let's not forget 3 things -- the gun, the gas cans and as the wonderful KCL calls it "the smoking closet". They all point to premeditation and no one can excuse that away with PTSD or any garden variety amnesia.

Juan will bring all this up in rebuttal, along with witnesses from Walmart and Tesoro. All of which will come well after the DT's witnesses.

So...what time will JM be making mincemeat out of this "expert"...sure hope it happens today!

Who is paying for her defense team? Pls forgive if it's already been asked...Tx!

ME! Well the taxpayers of AZ & Numbi Nurmi has left PD office so we pay him $250 an hour to talk about sex & amnesia (hmm Marcy Playground.. I smell Sex & Amnesia lol) :banghead:

A couple questions for the doctor: If Jodi was in fight or flight mode, why did she run into a closet, thus cornering herself, instead of out the door, which posed a much easier exit for her?

Can you speculate, again, based on flight or fight, why someone would lunge TOWARD a person holding a loaded gun, head first?

Is it possible, based on his injuries, that Travis was the one running for his life and not Jodi?

Anyone think any of these questions would be allowed? lol...

BBM
Especially considering Travis was naked in the shower before he "started running after her".....and it's pretty unlikely he would've run naked out the front door to keep chasing her.

Another questions: Can you speculate on why someone who has no memory of killing someone would immediately begin covering for herself once she "comes to"? Can you speculate how she would know she'd done something terrible if she cannot remember doing it?

I know many will disagree with me, but I actually don't care about this. He could be the most ethical on the planet, but nothing makes up for the fact that he's unprofessional and, frankly, not very bright. I can't believe the jury is taking him seriously.

Sorry, but I don't think this "doctor" is ethical. I think maybe a little perjury might have happened possibly by him explaining his ethics problem. jmo.

Anyone else concerned about today's juries and their experiences, given that most Americans are on a number of prescription and/or OTC meds for any and every ailment which can possibly be diagnosed?

Will most of those jurors think there is something physically, mentally, emotionally wrong with JA, for which she needed but wasn't receiving treatment?

If so, will they be reluctant to hold her accountable, given that some, if not most, of those jurors may believe that she can't possibly be evil/wicked enough to have butchered another human as she did if she were physiologically/psychologically ill?

Ergo, she's a victim of some awful, perhaps undiscovered and un-diagnosed psychosis, obviously.

For the Defense, that's a primary purpose of this phase of the trial.

Anyone else have consternation regarding the possibility that the jury will hold her less than entirely accountable for her admitted actions, especially after the Pinellas County 12 perverted justice in the Anthony case?

because she watches too much TV/movies where the victim is being chased and they ALWAYS run into a dark alley or in a dark starewell going UP to a roof. never ever run to safety! trap yourself!

Right...running into the closet, despite it having two entrances, is a sure fire way to get away from a person trying to kill you. Makes NO sense. Let's say it was actually true. So, Travis couldn't just wait for her at the bedroom door after she ran into the closet?

All these "experts" can get on the stand and say whatever they want, but let's not forget 3 things -- the gun, the gas cans and as the wonderful KCL calls it "the smoking closet". They all point to premeditation and no one can excuse that away with PTSD or any garden variety amnesia.

Juan will bring all this up in rebuttal, along with witnesses from Walmart and Tesoro. All of which will come well after the DT's witnesses.

!!!
Exactly.
And the 62 seconds.
Nothing else matters. Why should I care about anything Jodi has said when JM will prove that she's been lying for days! under oath. I bet she looks so stressed because her attorneys have told her about JM adding witnesses from Walmart and Tesoro.

Did anyone else see Jodi say "wow!" when the good "doctor" was describing intrusive thoughts? She said 'wow' and then her face started contorting in pain--she's so able to feel her own pain--she forgets to fake normal human reactions. It reminded me of Casey Anthony saying "wow" when reading the psych reports at the defense table. These 2 women nauseate me.

I did and couldnt tell if she was saying Wow or whoa or what?

Another questions: Can you speculate on why someone who has no memory of killing someone would immediately begin covering for herself once she "comes to"? Can you speculate how she would know she'd done something terrible if she cannot remember doing it?
She was covering up immediately after and planning before the murder.

I think Jodi could have an outline of what she "remembers" for her story-telling, memorized, talking points memo...so she never varies. If you think about it, she always blames other people...so it is simple for her to remember. Travis was sitting, she stabbed him, he gets up...probably in much pain to run ward off other blows and run to sink or escape...or he pushed away....now that's where...Jodi rewrites history and memorizes it. If someone stabbed me in the chest, I'd react too. To push someone off or away, hands up (defense wounds) so the knife doesn't stab away...or like Travis said, gave his mother his back so it didn't hurt so much. :(
How do we know Jodi is not using her own words, saying Travis said it. Travis was busying fending off Jodi and coughing up blood and dying, gasping for breath.

HLN's defense lawyer appearing with Beth needs to shut up, imho.

BBM
She even blames Travis for that stupid smirk on her face in her mugshot. Yeah, right Jodi......because it's what Travis would've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesrobert