trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the jurors believe the ME and the stabbing first theory, ALL of this testimony is worthless. She remember noting after the gunshot, but all the stabbing was already done by then.
WORTHLESS TESTIMONY since the gunshot was NOT first.

I don't think Juan would have even needed to bring that up to discredit and impeach this fellow. (Time Magazine, TGA/not TGA, crude diagrams.) He seems to be doing just fine all by himself! :twocents:

I agree. It's possible they pre-emptively striked on something that Juan wasn't even planning on bringing up. But maybe they did know. In any case, Juan has so much more fuel.

While that may be a possibility, in my experience there's just as much chance an abuse victim wasn't listened to by the custody evaluator, the abuser gained custody of the child because abusers very often are triumphant in court, and the mother filed a complaint out of sheer frustration and helplessness.

Custody cases, as you already know, can be brutal for many, many reasons. Sometimes its as simple as knowing the court is getting it wrong and not knowing what else to do to rectify matters.

MOO

That's a possibility. No way to know, but I don't recall anyone suggesting that the custody evaluation was wrong or was reversed based on this ethical issue.

Can anyone tell me exactly when JA changed her story from Ninja-killers to her "self defense" BS? Samuels said he and Nurmi told JA she needed to tell the truth, and thats when she admitted the killing? Did I hear him right?

pig-lipstick.jpg

OMG... I laughed and snorted - my coworkers are wondering what I'm really up to at my desk!

I hope the prosecution brings up, in the closing, how Ms. Arias can remember all these vivid details from her past with TA, but yet couldn't recall this doctors name, even though she'd met with him a dozen times.

Now we're supposed to believe she doesn't recall the actual slaughter of TA?

nope!
not buyin' it.

JMHO
fran

Who is paying for her defense team? Pls forgive if it's already been asked...Tx!

So what if Jodi got traumatized (not) when she pre-meditatively killed Travis? So what? Who cares?

Why does everything turn into an issue about Jodi and never about Travis' pain and anguish???

Don't you just hate it when your hippocampus gets flooded when you're doing something bad, causing dissociative amnesia so you just can't admit accountability??? It bugs the he!! out of me when that happens...

I remember every traumatic thing that happened in my life, down to minute detail. Indeed they're clearer than my good memories! That stubborn hippocampus of mine! Forget the bad things and remember the good things, FFS!

Takes one to know one!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I don't think she looks tired at all.

I think her dead behind the eyes and clenched jaw is in response that she is no longer in control of the show. She tried to conjur up some crocodile tears. She can no longer have a direct effect upon the jurors. I think that's why she shook her head when JM objected, almost like she's hoping the jury would see that. It's almost like she's still trying to manipulate the jury w/o getting into trouble for obvious facial expressions - so she's trying to be more subtle with her facial expressions. The loss of control is making her angry.

JMHO

We all have opinions - you could be right, or I could, but we don't know. It has little, if anything, to do with this case.
I respect you SO much! I have to disagree with you on this one. It has EVERYTHING to do with this case, it's their expert witness. They could have picked anyone. They picked and paid someone who has been found to be unethical and fined. It goes to his credibility. $$ for his opinion. It will matter to the jury. They will remember it. JMO

If this is the best they got, JA is in some serious trouble. Not that I thought she stands a snowballs chance in hello. :twocents:

Most of the time, the parents have to pay for the evaluation. Can you imagine having to pay this "doctor" to do a custody evaluation? I do not believe for one second HE decided not to do them anymore. I don't think a court in the world would recommend him to do another one after he was found guilty of an ethic's violation.

He has no soul. You do not mess around with children's lives. Period.

His CV has him listed as essentially working for the court. So he is suppose to be objective. He did admit to evaluating the mother after the custody issue was dropped so his part in treating the father was unethical. Mr. Samuels is a sex therapist. If I were these people I would being filing a complaint today. He had no right to discuss this matter in such detail without their permission. Doesn't HIPPA also cover psychological problems?????

That's a bit broad-brushed, but so was my comment.

I just made a guess about what might have happened based on what I've observed. I could be wrong, but I guess the point is we really don't know the background and all the facts so I don't think any real solid conclusions can be made from this one ethical complaint 20 years ago.

I get it - most of you disagree with me and think this ethical thing defines this man and discredits everything he says. There's plenty for Juan to cross examine him about to destroy his testimony. I think it's a mistake to focus too much on something non-substantive like this.

I agree, and I doubt if JM will waste his valuable cross time revisiting it.

Most of the time, the parents have to pay for the evaluation. Can you imagine having to pay this "doctor" to do a custody evaluation? I do not believe for one second HE decided not to do them anymore. I don't think a court in the world would recommend him to do another one after he was found guilty of an ethic's violation.

He has no soul. You do not mess around with children's lives. Period.

In NJ the parents do pay for the evaluations, my son had to and it was almost 2000.00.Your right he is soul less ! I wonder how many children he has harmed with his type of ethics!:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela