trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder who she pissed at. I'm leaning towards nurmi and :floorlaugh:wilma?

I think it's Wilmott. This followed JM's objection to Samuels starting to talk about his work with sexual deviants.

Surely Wilmott wouldn't have the nerve to have him testify to Travis' alleged sexual activities?

Still painting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, but opened a working studio in the art district. So I paint there, but I sell out of there, too. In addition to teaching classes in the evening. So I basically never sleep and never call in:) Except for today. haha.

Yeah, I seen her big lips start quivering, almost starting to cry. Oh puleeezz! Is that for the jury, Jodi?? I don't even understand what she was getting upset about! Oh I know, she figures she had better start showing some fake emotion!

I think it's for the jury's sake! She's trying to come across as pitiful

Yeah, I seen her big lips start quivering, almost starting to cry. Oh puleeezz! Is that for the jury, Jodi?? I don't even understand what she was getting upset about! Oh I know, she figures she had better start showing some fake emotion!

To me it appeared she was remembering while Mr. Samuels was describing the process. Not for what she put Travis through but because she didn't do a better job of it and now she may pay the ultimate price. jmo

Noon recess .. . . . jury is excused.

Judge did not stand for the jury . . . . . she looks pizzed! Dr. Samuels you will step down - counsel I will see you in chambers.

I don't believe the judge stands for the jury.

JA is starting to physically look more and more like the picture of a death row inmate. I can't say exactly why, but it's as though it's written all over her.

Her appearance has deteriorated significantly during this trial. Or maybe it's my perception of her that has changed into viewing her as a grossly unattractive individual.

OT. I don't really care about celebss but the best thing Lohan could possibly get is some tough love in the form of Judge Judy.

Does that mean she'll be available to play JA in the Lifetime movie?!?

Now we have this guy on the stand with this dx to 'plain Arias so called "fog", we can go forth and count how many defendants in future trials suddenly come up with "dissociative amnesia" aka "fog" defense to 'plain not remembering their crime.

JMHO

Ethical custody evaluators do not write letters on behalf of ONE party without meeting with both parents. They shouldn't view or read any material provided by anyone other than the courts. They shouldn't get involved in any manner other than doing the evaluation. Testing has to be done on both parents before rendering any opinion. If the mother refused to come in, then this "doctor" should have notified the court and the judge would have made an order for her to come in.

It's not fair to assume the mother who made a complaint, has any personality disorder. Especially, since this guy was sanctioned for his actions. It's not fair to the mother to say this "doctor" made a good evaluation of the father, since the doctor was compensated for his opinion.

JMO

Yes, I noticed he said when the mother called to come in for evaluation he made a call to HIS lawyer, the father. I thought that was rather biased. If he was appointed by the court, he should let the two lawyers manage the communication and him stay out of it and do his job. I thought that was rather biased if not "tattle telling" for him to call the fathers lawyer directly. Her attorney should have been doing that not him. A that time he wasnt supposed to be on either side. So he should have remained neutral.

This guy is an opportunist. He's stated two diff days now that he is turned off by clients who don't ring in the $$$$ he said the dad was going bankrupt from the beginning so why would he take him as a client ? Because he knew in advance he could get something from the guy.

tumblr_m1066uxEzV1rr4yq4o1_400.gif

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Minor, will the judge allow the expert to testify to Travis' sexual deviancy? Wouldn't that be disallowed because he has never evaluated him, because he was, you know, murdered? Thanks minor!

Considering that the personality disordered tend to win in court by making the other look crazy, of course the "losers" are tainted with an amateur PD diagnosis.

That's a bit broad-brushed, but so was my comment.

I just made a guess about what might have happened based on what I've observed. I could be wrong, but I guess the point is we really don't know the background and all the facts so I don't think any real solid conclusions can be made from this one ethical complaint 20 years ago.

I get it - most of you disagree with me and think this ethical thing defines this man and discredits everything he says. There's plenty for Juan to cross examine him about to destroy his testimony. I think it's a mistake to focus too much on something non-substantive like this.

Yes the more this guy talks the more amazed I am.

They should not have brought this guy to the stand. They are paid (a lot!) to get Jodi a proper defense. She is not blocked off from seeing someone besides Samuel. To me, it's another case of laziness. Getting someone else to evaluate and testify must have been too much work. Even for their own staff. Jodi has two attorneys and they have a crew of people themselves. So putting that man on the stand is pathetic to me.

From what I read from an earlier post, DT didn't have much of a menu to choose from. "Experts" that is. "Experts" being a 'relative' term. :juggle:

Well well well, Dr Samuel sure sanitized his "little Jersey" story how he screwed up. I have never heard of a colleague barter during evaluating clients and/or seeing them as clients. He could easily charged the man ten dollars to avoid any impropriety with the boards and courts. sheeesh

JMHO

Can you imagine how the "bartering" session went. Probably like this...

Client: "I dont have any money to pay you"

Physch Dr." Well what do you have?"

Client: " I am a dentist and can give you free dental care"

Physch Dr. "Really, wow. My bottom right molar has been bugging me. That will be great. When can I get it taken care of?" "Anything else you got that I can swindle from you?"

Minor, will the judge allow the expert to testify to Travis' sexual deviancy? Wouldn't that be disallowed because he has never evaluated him, because he was, you know, murdered? Thanks minor!

I dont think he can give expert opinions about someone he had not evaluated.

Yep, but opened a working studio in the art district. So I paint there, but I sell out of there, too. In addition to teaching classes in the evening. So I basically never sleep and never call in:) Except for today. haha.

So happy for you and you are busy!

Best wishes~ :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The complaint and disciplinary action against him is really not a big deal IMO and Wilmott is doing the right thing by getting this out there on direct.

I would imagine it is true that there are an unusually large number of complaints filed related to custody evaluations (which is probably why it's hard to find custody evaluators these days).

On its face it does appear that in that one case it might tend to show bias towards the father, but I bet if we knew the underlying facts of the case there was probably plenty of evidence to support his custody evaluation for the father. Based on experience I would also bet the mother who filed the complaint was personality disordered -- that's who typically files complaints when they lose.

He should have kept everything above board, but it does not mean his custody evaluation was flawed. JMO
While that may be a possibility, in my experience there's just as much chance an abuse victim wasn't listened to by the custody evaluator, the abuser gained custody of the child because abusers very often are triumphant in court, and the mother filed a complaint out of sheer frustration and helplessness.

Custody cases, as you already know, can be brutal for many, many reasons. Sometimes its as simple as knowing the court is getting it wrong and not knowing what else to do to rectify matters.

MOO

Don't you just hate it when your hippocampus gets flooded when you're doing something bad, causing dissociative amnesia so you just can't admit accountability??? It bugs the he!! out of me when that happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela