trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Samuels is the worst expert witness that I've ever seen. JM will tear him from limb to limb. I hope the jury completely discredits this lame testimony.

I'm not saying his professional opinion is credible or that he didn't "pimp his soul" to support a psychopathic murderer, but I think his complaint from 20 years ago has nothing to do with it.

Besides, I have not noticed him going out of his way to help Jodi. He has only described what can happen to memory. He has not even said he believed her.
To be honest I haven't listened closely to his testimony but he has, in my belief, certainly implied he believes her account.

Evidence of that for me came last week when he was recounting for the jury how awful it would be to have a secret and not feel they could share it with anyone. He consistently discounts or dismisses her actions in such a manner to make the defendant appear sympathetic which certainly makes it seem as though he believes her.

Just my layperson's opinion though.

We all have opinions - you could be right, or I could, but we don't know. It has little, if anything, to do with this case.
I think it goes to his credibility. If anyone on the jury thinks it tarnishes his opinion, they may think he's not on the up-and-up in anything he says. That would hurt JA and I don't give a flip what it does to damage her case, so have it, Samuels!

I can actually handle JA and Nurmi today.
My eye has not twitched one time and I don't even need a drink yet.
Today is a good day .
images;_ylt=AkeiGwemEzYHHLW8QcHG07CbvZx4

Thank ya:) I'm my own boss, so sick days aren't what they used to be. Tee hee. I never minded taking a day off when I worked for someone else. Sick days used to involve fishing and wandering around outdoors. Now it's six days a week and I have to be miserable to not go in.

But y'all are good company:)

Still painting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know for sure, but this Judge probably has other docket matters to attend to besides just this case. They are spread pretty thin. Just like JM has other cases going on in different courts.

She looks really tired to me. And looks like she could cry any minute. Ahhh poor Jodi.....Not. lol

Yeah, I seen her big lips start quivering, almost starting to cry. Oh puleeezz! Is that for the jury, Jodi?? I don't even understand what she was getting upset about! Oh I know, she figures she had better start showing some fake emotion!

Honeslty, they should have had and early lunch. 1045. They get another break at 1500. and of at 1600. This is ridiculous to give them an 1.5 hour lunch breal after 55 minutes of testimony!

Mad!

Dr. Samuels is the worst expert witness that I've ever seen. JM will tear him from limb to limb. I hope the jury completely discredits this lame testimony.

In all this time he hasn't really said much imo.

Its a so what?

imo

HLN playing Samuels running his mouth off about the Mom and her bf in this custody case, and what a mess it all was.

His excuse was he didn't get the bulletin or have internet when he broke the rules. He got dental services in a barter to help the Dad in a custody case! Now, he broke another sacred confidential rule, as far as I'm concerned, by using this family's personal info to make himself look better.

Did I understand this correctly? He is paid by the State to give an objective custody report in court. It does not happen. So afterwards he takes on the man as a client and gets paid by way of the barter system so that he can testify for this man in court. No one see anything wrong with this???? jmo

Most of the time, the parents have to pay for the evaluation. Can you imagine having to pay this "doctor" to do a custody evaluation? I do not believe for one second HE decided not to do them anymore. I don't think a court in the world would recommend him to do another one after he was found guilty of an ethic's violation.

He has no soul. You do not mess around with children's lives. Period.

Whoah.... I just got here. Gus Sr. isn't even in Juan's possession yet? I followed the Steubenville case this weekend....what a difference in scheduling!

In all this time he hasn't really said much imo.

Its a so what?

imo

I agree. All this is a really fancy way of saying, "when bad things happen, sometimes our brains block it out..." What else is new, good doctor?

Lohan takes a plea..90 days locked rehab.. and some other slap on the wrist crap.. unbelievable! also she looks like crap. sorry for the o/t

OT. I don't really care about celebss but the best thing Lohan could possibly get is some tough love in the form of Judge Judy.

We all have opinions - you could be right, or I could, but we don't know. It has little, if anything, to do with this case.

Yet the defense brought it up.

I just want to add, that I hope it didn't come off as I'm picking on minor4th, because I friggin' ADORE minor4th and highly respect her opinion.
Sorry if i came off as confrontational.

wow, minor4th. I'm shocked to hear you defend this guy.
Taking on a client for whom you have acted as a custody evaluator is unethical.

From the Guidelines for Child Custody Evaluations in Family Law Proceedings by the Ame. Psych Assn:

"Psychologists strive to avoid conflicts of interest and multiple relationships in conducting evaluations."

"Psychologists conducting a child custody evaluation with their current or prior psychother- apy clients and psychologists conducting psychotherapy with their current or prior child custody examinees are both examples of multiple relationships."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela