trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had it at work in 1984 for things like email and USENET. I became aware of the web/internet in the early 1990s. The average person was probably not really aware of it until about 1997.
Nope, I can remember having Prodigy as a browser as far back as 1991, and before that using email and usenet in college back in 1978.

I think that JA has a very androgynous appearance. And based on the fact that JVM is into women, she may think she is beautiful in a weird way. jmo

:banghead::please::what:
[/B]

bbm

I don't know if you are LOL'ing us.

BUT.

That is funny.

I was going to say! My condolences if she does:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Your joking right? I'm in deep poop if you were serious:please:
Forgive me if you were realy serious

Sorry, but I don't think this "doctor" is ethical. I think maybe a little perjury might have happened possibly by him explaining his ethics problem. jmo.

Ya think maybe like Jodi's grampa's gun "going off" all by itself, the perjury just kinda "went off" while he was giving testibaloney?

I hope tonight on HLN when they do the Travis bathroom and closet set up that they built--They have the same shelving that was in Travis's closet.
Then they can get someone a hundred or so lbs to try and stand on it as if they are reaching for the gun,then we can see what happens to the shelf.
I think the shelf is either going to break the pins off or the shelf will tip up dumping anything thats on them.
Should be interesting to watch.

Anyone notice how nurmi and Wilma always dresss alike
Same colors

Oh great...now the "patty duke show" theme is stuck in my head...

What a crazy pair.....lol

Is there somewhere else to watch HLN online beside Superusvoxtv? The site is down for maintenance ... there was an alternative up last week but I forgot to save it TIA :)

Anyone else concerned about today's juries and their experiences, given that most Americans are on a number of prescription and/or OTC meds for any and every ailment which can possibly be diagnosed?

Will most of those jurors think there is something physically, mentally, emotionally wrong with JA, for which she needed but wasn't receiving treatment?

If so, will they be reluctant to hold her accountable, given that some, if not most, of those jurors may believe that she can't possibly be evil/wicked enough to have butchered another human as she did if she were physiologically/psychologically ill?

Ergo, she's a victim of some awful, perhaps undiscovered and un-diagnosed psychosis, obviously.

For the Defense, that's a primary purpose of this phase of the trial.

Anyone else have consternation regarding the possibility that the jury will hold her less than entirely accountable for her admitted actions, especially after the Pinellas County 12 perverted justice in the Anthony case?

There's always room for concern but when I focus on this case, this evidence, this defendant, and everything unique here -- I remain as confident as can be. Right now we can't account for stealth jurors or jurors are going to go Pinellas or create his or her own standard for reasonable doubt.

Actually, I think the opposite might be true from the scenario you described above. I think when it comes to JA and the pathetic defense she's mounted with the extreme over the top blaming of Travis, which to me is so transparent and desperate, jurors are going to be put off and instead they are going to see her for what she is and be more prone to hold her responsible. She is NOT suffering from a mental illness, she is not suffering from traumatic life events, she is not the way she is for any reason other than her own evil derranged controlling personality and there is nothing or nobody to blame but herself.

I think this case, this defendant, and her entire team is the perfect example of what's wrong with our society and what our legal system has become. If someone commits a crime he or she can be guarenteed that they don't have to answer for their REAL actions but instead will have legal representation and experts paid to excuse away their actions. The defendant's search for justice is NOT a search for the truth but a search to get off from the charges. LOUD AND CLEAR: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR ACTIONS. THAT is the message we should take away from the defense tactics so often seen.

Okay I'm done with my rant. I strongly believe JA did herself in and this jury will absolutely hold her responsible for her premeditated actions-- and this defense will backfire landing her on death row.

I think that JA has a very androgynous appearance. And based on the fact that JVM is into women, she may think she is beautiful in a weird way. jmo

It's funny you say that about the androgeny because I think she has giant, bony man hands.:floorlaugh:

I disagree...I think he gave a lot of details about this case, and in a rather "gossipy", flippant manner. I doubt that it would take too much effort for a good sleuther to find the case, despite the fact that Samuels didn't believe that the inter "nets" hadn't been discovered by Al Gore yet. As an RN we were forbidden to talk about the details of patients cases outside of work. Took many an Ethics class on this as well. But, that's jmho as well.

Birds of a feather flock together! He, just like his benefactor Arias, took no responsibility for his NJ actions; left out the important fact that he was ordered to take ethical and boundaries continuing education; and the little snippet about the woman's attorney being her boyfriend was spiteful to say the least.

Garbage in - Garbage out

What do you mean? What has he done in other courtrooms! Can we get some links? I'd love to read up on that.

Im sorry I don't have a link gitana. I read it on here that he had been asked about this violation several times in other cases where he has testified. I would think it would be brought up by whoever was the Prosecutor on the particular cases at the time.

Since he was fined in 2000 he has most likely made the excuses he is making today trying to diminish the violation when it was brought out in other cases. Who knows he may even work closely with Nurmi since he specializes in rape and child molestation cases.

It seems he testifies for the defense all the time.

IMO

HLN and Vinnie is about to lose me. I can't take much more of him screaming and pausing after every other word when talking about FCA and JB.

"We'll talk to the man who DEFENDED CASEY ANTHONY!!!1!!one!!1!"
"YOU. DON'T. WANT. TO. MISS. WHAT. JOSE. HAS. TO SAY. !"

:facepalm: They built an entire mock up of Travis' bathroom, brought in a mock jury, tell the viewers that we get to be the judge and then ruin the whole thing by bringing Jose in. I'm starting to talk about that like I am about the ordeal in court today. They "could have scraped the bottom of the barrel a little better" then that.

Oh and "We will find out if Travis was the one who attacked Jodi!"

Vinnie, how is a mock up going to figure that out? The only way to positively know that is to obtain one of these.

24v5zc6.jpg

And I bet I can guess what the answer would still be.

I disagree...I think he gave a lot of details about this case, and in a rather "gossipy", flippant manner. I doubt that it would take too much effort for a good sleuther to find the case, despite the fact that Samuels didn't believe that the inter "nets" hadn't been discovered by Al Gore yet. As an RN we were forbidden to talk about the details of patients cases outside of work. Took many an Ethics class on this as well. But, that's jmho as well.

But he was sworn in and he said he would tell the truth. The defense asked him about this point in his life. He mentioned no names. He was asked a question under oath. What should he have done, plead the fifth? I am not understanding how it could be his fault for having to testify to what happened.

Kelly

Don't worry...you could sit in of several juries and still be out with at least 3 months to spare.

Oh hilarious considering at the rate this trial is moving
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

How do you come out of fognesia, covered in blood, yet no blood is found (except two stains resembling koolaid in the passenger seat and center of back seat)?

Can't wait to hear Juan and/or the jurors question Samuels on that fact.

I posted this on the "Up To the Minute" board, but those who are interested in Jodi's mental health issues might like to read it.

Are we over-diagnosing mental illness?

Committee trying to block new diagnostic manual's release

Author: By Katti Gray Special to CNN

Published On: Mar 16 2013 09:01:48 AM EDT Updated On: Mar 16 2013 11:57:35 AM EDT

(CNN) -
To ease the heartache of her first child's stillbirth, Kelli Montgomery chose rigorous exercise, yoga and meditation over the antidepressants and sleeping pills that her physicians immediately suggested.

"'You need to be on this medication or that medication.' It was shocking to me that that was the first line of defense," said Montgomery, 42, director of the MISS Foundation for Grieving Families in Austin, Texas. "From the time I was in the hospital to when I was seeing my general practitioner, that's what they were insisting on."

Her choice stemmed partly from a longtime aversion to taking prescription drugs. It was also the result of listening to a growing group of psychiatrists, psychologists and clinical social workers from around the world who argue that depression and other normal responses to life's toughest challenges are too often labeled as disorders -- and as such, demand medicine with sometimes dangerous side effects.

Protesters such as Montgomery contend diagnoses of serious psychological and psychiatric disorders have also needlessly skyrocketed alongside the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders' expanding list of what constitutes mental illness. The manual is considered the bible of psychiatry because it's the criteria mental health professionals use to diagnose patients...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifest...c/-/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member