trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly that very much depends. I know many abuse survivors who have experienced memory loss of the traumatic event triggering PTSD as well as subsequent short term memory loss even post-abuse.

In the height of their abuse it isn't uncommon for abuse survivors to forget children's birthday parties, holidays spent with family, first days of school, a child's favorite food at that particular time in their life, etc.

The triggering event is still there for them but they might not necessarily remember it like scenes from a movie - more reliving it through fragments of memories or nightmares they may not wholly understand.

Still other PTSD-diagnosed survivors will remember every smell, the taste of blood, every sound to include their own heart beating...but not every one I've met is the same by a very long way.

This is really beautifully put. I had 2 years of therapy to deal with depression and ptsd after a near-death experience. Its always hard to explain the way things were after, but you summed it up. It's like snippets of sensations. I remember waking up; bright lights; the overwhelming smell of flowers; my husband wheeling me through the hospital days later. They're little flashes of sensations that come out of nowhere and all in all, it's about 5 minutes of memory for several months of life.

For the record, I don't think Jodi has ptsd and even if she did, it has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. Its a red herring and shouldn't even be part of the trial MOO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Ya think maybe like Jodi's grampa's gun "going off" all by itself, the perjury just kinda "went off" while he was giving testibaloney?

I so wish Juan would have trolled Jodi with "grandpa's gun". When asking her to describe the shooting, Juan should have said, "so Travis is dropped by a headshot from your grandpa's gun and it's you who gets the brain fog. Were you shot in the brain with your ganpa's gun, maam?" That would have ticked her off.

It's funny you say that about the androgeny because I think she has giant, bony man hands.:floorlaugh:

I noticed the hands too. Look like piano player hands. Her looks now prove that without enhancements, she's a zero.

Jodi doesn't want to admit she showered with Travis' body, she had to make sure her DNA was off him, I bet her hands were bleeding from the cuts she got from the knife slipping from stabbing TA. Now she cannot admit that. Con-job Jodi. Jodi doesn't want to admit she showered with a corpse either.
Where were her shoes? The cops didn't find them. There was a bloody shoe-print not being talked about. She said she lost her shoes, I think Jodi knows she left that print or once again, she saw the crime scene photos and Jodi is playing forensics expert, re-writing stories as she sees evidence. To do all this, Jodi needed the fog or amnesia.

I would SWEAR during her cross with JM he asked her if she showered after she got TA's body back into the shower and she said "yes". I would SWEAR it!

and we're back..Judge Shirner was a family court judge. I'm sure she's seen plenty of Dr. Samuels in her life.

There's always room for concern but when I focus on this case, this evidence, this defendant, and everything unique here -- I remain as confident as can be. Right now we can't account for stealth jurors or jurors are going to go Pinellas or create his or her own standard for reasonable doubt.

Actually, I think the opposite might be true from the scenario you described above. I think when it comes to JA and the pathetic defense she's mounted with the extreme over the top blaming of Travis, which to me is so transparent and desperate, jurors are going to be put off and instead they are going to see her for what she is and be more prone to hold her responsible. She is NOT suffering from a mental illness, she is not suffering from traumatic life events, she is not the way she is for any reason other than her own evil derranged controlling personality and there is nothing or nobody to blame but herself.

I think this case, this defendant, and her entire team is the perfect example of what's wrong with our society and what our legal system has become. If someone commits a crime he or she can be guarenteed that they don't have to answer for their REAL actions but instead will have legal representation and experts paid to excuse away their actions. The defendant's search for justice is NOT a search for the truth but a search to get off from the charges. LOUD AND CLEAR: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR ACTIONS. THAT is the message we should take away from the defense tactics so often seen.

Okay I'm done with my rant. I strongly believe JA did herself in and this jury will absolutely hold her responsible for her premeditated actions-- and this defense will backfire landing her on death row.

i think you know how I feel about the tactics they use. it IS the state whose purpose is to search for the truth. the defense's goal is to make the state prove its case, but it's also to get their client off. and can you imagine if nurmi did that? MOVE OVER, JOSE BAEZ!!!!

OMG, the thought of having to listen to him hold forth on cases from now on......i'd honestly prefer jose to him.

:facepalm:

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Back in the courtroom #JodiArias trial. Attorneys are present. We await the judge. Should resume at 1:30pm. Stay tuned.

Judge took the stand for a moment - female court assistant spoke w/Judge - she nodded and said OK a couple of times. . . . . back to the seal

Nope, I can remember having Prodigy as a browser as far back as 1991, and before that using email and usenet in college back in 1978.

Prodigy :rocker::rocker: lolol
I miss usenet too ....ah the old Com 64 days....

Travis would have probably have been mortified and devasted just like any other normal person...she has no idea what Travis would have done.

When I saw her saying that about her mugshot, that she smiled that way because that is what Travis would have done, I first thought " Travis wouldn't be in that position.'

But then :what: I though wow.

What if Travis had been able to overpower her and get the knife and gun away from her and she was killed in the struggle? Yikes. Travis coulkd have found himself in this exact same position, and some might not have believed a small woman would have dared come after him with a knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentA