trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these comments are SO spot on and SO entertaining! Did anyone see Wilmott grinning after Juan asked Samuels if he had memory problems? It looked like she just couldn't contain herself. lol.

Just an observation on the live video stream today:

1. Has anyone noticed what appears to be a rather significant scar just above JA's left elbow. Wonder if that was from the murdering of TA?

2. When JA is not actively involved she seems to go a little catatonic at times - sort of an eerie blank stare for about a minute or more.

Wonder if the jury watches her carefully from time to time.

That's where her cat scratched her. :rolleyes:

He was so slimy he didn't bring back the big red book he read from yesterday. (The outdated one.) Today he brought "a condensed" version.

LOL

I got a postcard from my doctor one time.

It said my PAP smear was clear.

I actually have an MVP doctor. I have his cell phone and can call him anytime I need to. I do get cards at my birthday but they are generic and not from him but staff. We all get them. :)

:welcome4:

Kind of feel sorry for him in a way......totally unprepared and lied to by the defendant on the questionaire.

MOO

This is where I don't feel sorry for him. It's his job to be prepared, and it's his job to doublecheck whether his patient is lying to him. I feel a little sorry for him because his delusions of grandeur got punctured so publicly.

Do we think the only two defense witnesses left are MM and Alyce LaV?

I can't think of anyone else from court minutes and don't think any family members are going to testify. :please: Hope we're nearing the end.

Is MM actually on their witness list?

I actually have an MVP doctor. I have his cell phone and can call him anytime I need to. I do get cards at my birthday but they are generic and not from him but staff. We all get them. :)

I get birthday and Christmas cards from the staff @ my dentist office . . . a picture of all of them standing and smiling @ the camera . . . . it reminds me to book a cleaning.

I usually don't get too excited.

I honestly don't see how the defense can recover from this. How can they justify anything? Nurmi looked soooo done today. He knows she is guilty of first degree murder and he just can't help her.

Yeah I was watching Nurmi. He looked defeated. The entire table looked like they were hoping a gargantuan sinkhole would give way and swallow them up.

This case gets easier for me every day. Along with the defendant's, I'd toss this guy's entire testimony. When you look up 'charlatan' in the dictionary, his picture should be there.

First, he answers wilmott's very leading questions to explain the defendant's demeanor and behavior on the stand. He even goes out of his way to tell the jury that you wouldn't see her shake unless you knew what to look for!

In other words, don't believe your lying eyes.

Then he has to admit he provided therapy to a person he was evaluating. That's HUGE. As a therapist, he could recommend a book to a client. He could loan her one, even. I don't think it's appropriate to buy one for a client, but to do so for a person you're evaluating for court isn't just inappropriate, it's totally unethical. If he doesn't understand that he's blurring lines there, then it begs the question whether he even understands those boundaries exist! And that's a very disturbing thought. He's sending her CARDS?????

Another victim of the Arias charm, I'd say.

And then, we have the test results he used in his conclusions, from the time she was going with door number 2! He's digging through crap he brought, can't find things, left crap in his office, etc. 'Sloppy' doesn't begin to describe that. Here's a guy who may have been buying milk at the store and ran across that TIME magazine and thought that a suitable piece of scientific research to bring before a jury in a case where he's an expert. I've never seen that before, and don't think any other judge (she's another story) would have allowed that.

JM will continue to dismantle this guy tomorrow until there's nothing up there but an empty chair.

This man is exactly the reason the general public does not like expert witnesses. Total fail for the defense.

BBM

GREAT POST. I agree with you totally.

The shaking part was such a joke because he 'confirmed' that he saw her shaking, but couldn't pinpoint the exact YEAR.

He doesn't have case notes? He doesn't have a FILE on his patient that can pinpoint a specific YEAR? :floorlaugh: What a clown.

I still can't help but wonder if this defense was built around Samuels' theories. He was on the team during the "Ninja" defense. He said that he and Nurmi confronted JA about her Ninja story and was stopped by the DT from completing his comment. IMO, PTSD and battered woman self defense theory was suggested by Samuels as a better defense that he could help to build.

They are both so similar on the stand, it can't be chance. I'm with the Pizza household!

Me too. I guess I am soft. BUT I find it unforgivable that he knew she lied and didn't readminister the test.

I never expect much truthfulness from these "hired guns" to begin with. This one just appears to be totally unprepared for Juan Martinez which is partially the fault of the defense team.

MOO

Newsflash to forensic psychologist, Dr. Samuels: Criminals lie to save their a$$e$.
[he doesn't know this and he's probably getting at least $275/hr]
[in case anybody feels sorry for him...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members