trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, after so so many years of lurking, I've decided to come out of the shadows. This "Dr." Samuels is upsetting me so much with either his misinformation or outright lies. I worked for a couple of years with the company that was in charge of these assessments, and was part of the development for the new software release of administering the exams and scoring the exams. I know for a fact that pens can and were used, and usually used!! I even verified it with all versions of the scanners that were ever made for scoring exam sheets!!!

As far as I am concerned, I believe he uses pencil so if he has to use one of his "previous" answers sheets, he tries to erase it later!!! The fact that he had her write on paper is ridiculous! You have to pay what I feel is a small amount for those booklets.

Secondly, I question if he even paid the extra fee for validity confirmation when he sent in the test for scoring. There is more that I know about the testing, but I legally can't say, and the concerns I have about what may have happened here. I would highly recommend that Juan make a call about those results and if JA was informed that she was going to take the test beforehand and got any 'tips'. The people I know/knew could give him some heads up/pointers on questions to ask. This Samuels is scum and as far as I'm concerned, AZ should not allow him as an "expert" witness again!!

2nd line o' the day:

"Do you have a memory problem?" to Doc Samuels

Unless you have been an expert witness as I have, it is not that easy. I was kinda shocked when I got an order to be one for a case. They ask you the same question but in a different way about 5 times. One time the answer to a question is yes, then your saying no to the same question.

Oh Boy! The box is full of questions! :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come back for more tomorrow~! :lol:

BBM

Questions:

When did Crackerjack boxes start having psychological degrees in them?
Are you related to Gus Searcy?
Seriously, are you getting paid by the defense for this crap? If so have you cashed the check yet? I'd hurry up on that.
If you had readministered that test would you have filled in the answers for Jodi again?
Do you have a crush on Jodi?
Why did you waste our time?
Do you always smoke crack before dealing with a defendant and/or testifying?
Please tell me you that you've never bred, have you?

It was nice. Mine get cards reminding us to book appointments for them.

:cat:

Back to the testimony, what was Samuel's reason......that JA was depressed?

Yes, because at that point, Nurmi was trying to get removed from the case.

I told my vet that my cat was obnoxious and annoying right up to the very end. The vet said, well, then, he had a good life. That vet was cool.

I got a card from my vet when my cat died. That was nice.

When I was practicing nursing we had a surgeon(female) who sent all of her patients a single rose the day after surgery. We all thught it was a nice touch of compassion

:welcome4:

Kind of feel sorry for him in a way......totally unprepared and lied to by the defendant on the questionaire.

MOO

I find it rather unnerving that he administered this PTSD test knowing she was still clinging to the ninja story at that time, after the test, he and Nurmi confronted her and got her to admit to killing TA - both Nurmi and this witness knew the PTSD test had been given before her admission and they both knew that test would be relied upon in her defense, isn't this also misconduct on the defense's part?

Yeah I was watching Nurmi. He looked defeated. The entire table looked like they were hoping a gargantuan sinkhole would give way and swallow them up.

BBM: Yes, he looked defeated ... IMO, he seems to just be "going thru the motions" ...

He knows he is going to lose this one ...

And he knows that he and JW are NO MATCH for Mr. Martinez !

:seeya:

Not me. Samuels was testifying as an expert on way too many things. He's hardly an expert in his own field. Uses Time magazine articles and adds fiction in his patient's file. He certainly doesn't have expertise in crime scenes and blood splatters. He also shouldn't be suggesting Travis had any sexual issues. He is not a credible expert or witness. Plus, he got paid for all his garbage testimony!

I do feel sorry for Travis's Family. Jodi is a cold-blooded killer and this guy thinks he can help her raise her self esteem level.

ITA and maybe just maybe this public unveiling of an ambulance chaser will deter others of his ilk in the future..but I know that won't happen

Ok, after so so many years of lurking, I've decided to come out of the shadows. This "Dr." Samuels is upsetting me so much with either his misinformation or outright lies. I worked for a couple of years with the company that was in charge of these assessments, and was part of the development for the new software release of administering the exams and scoring the exams. I know for a fact that pens can and were used, and usually used!! I even verified it with all versions of the scanners that were ever made for scoring exam sheets!!!

As far as I am concerned, I believe he uses pencil so if he has to use one of his "previous" answers sheets, he tries to erase it later!!! The fact that he had her write on paper is ridiculous! You have to pay what I feel is a small amount for those booklets.

Secondly, I question if he even paid the extra fee for validity confirmation when he sent in the test for scoring. There is more that I know about the testing, but I legally can't say, and the concerns I have about what may have happened here. I would highly recommend that Juan make a call about those results and if JA was informed that she was going to take the test beforehand and got any 'tips'. The people I know/knew could give him some heads up/pointers on questions to ask. This Samuels is scum and as far as I'm concerned, AZ should not allow him as an "expert" witness again!!

Welcome to WS!!!!! Glad you are joining us!

Someone should send this to the Arias Family Trial FaceBook that he is known to visit. This is important information.

GREAT FIRST POST! and :welcome: to WS. :fireworks:

All these comments are SO spot on and SO entertaining! Did anyone see Wilmott grinning after Juan asked Samuels if he had memory problems? It looked like she just couldn't contain herself. lol.

Those $300 implants created a mammary problem for him.

Is the Defense going to object to this witness? I say in jest but really????

This is where I don't feel sorry for him. It's his job to be prepared, and it's his job to doublecheck whether his patient is lying to him. I feel a little sorry for him because his delusions of grandeur got punctured so publicly.

Oh, don't worry about him. He got paid well by the Arizona taxpayers.

Why is Nancy Grace doing remote shows from Phoenix if she's not gonna attend the trial?

IMO nobody over the age of 15 should wear a side pony, much less someone of NG's ahem "tender years". :floorlaugh:.

I really like Nancy's hair the way she has it now.

I haven't watched her in years but am watching now because I wanted to see the cross by Juan again.:)

:laugh:

BBM

Questions:

When did Crackerjack boxes start having psychological degrees in them?
Are you related to Gus Searcy?
Seriously, are you getting paid by the defense for this crap? If so have you cashed the check yet? I'd hurry up on that.
If you had readministered that test would you have filled in the answers for Jodi again?
Do you have a crush on Jodi?
Why did you waste our time?
Do you always smoke crack before dealing with a defendant and/or testifying?
Please tell me you that you've never bred, have you?

:silly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member