trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so obvious Nurmi DOES NOT like Jodi.

He's just sceerd of her. :D

Me too!

Quick note - thanks to all of you who responded to my question on the previous thread. Helped me to gather an idea of what the hay was going on with those tests and I do appreciate the input. Take a bow super sleuthers !

I question how much impact she'll really have when she's queried on behaviors exhibited by Jodi extremely consistent with an abusive personality. When she's questioned about very common markers in abusers totally missing from Travis' personality. And when she's pushed to the wall over how to explain her seeming willingness to totally dismiss abusive behaviors on the part of the defendant. It is a lot for the jury to get past in order for her to have an impact. And while the entire list may not make it into evidence, this jury has already called Jodi out on controlling behaviors, the hallmark of abusers.

Behaviors consistent with an abusive personality...

Jodi:
Moved to Mesa after their relationship ended - pursuit in a very classical sense.
Slashed the tires on his car - damage to personal property.
Sent a 'warning' email to a prospective girlfriend.
Snooped through his text messages.
Stalked him repeatedly.
In my opinion, very likely cyber stalked him.
Consistently violated boundaries of personal privacy.
Snooped through his online accounts.
Knew his ATM pin # and garage access code.
Dismissed his voiced concerns over them having sex.
Showed evidence of high manipulation through their phone recording.
Isolated Travis in the not so classical sense that because of their sex life, Travis would have been unable to confide the reality of their relationship to many.
Threatened suicide as emotional blackmail.

Behaviors inconsistent with an abusive personality:
Encouraging Jodi to date other people.
Not escalating the relationship to a more serious nature very, very quickly.
No evidence of stalking or harassing Jodi once she moved back to Yreka.
No escalation of violence according to testimony on direct.
No isolation of Jodi - this doesn't mean keeping her from 'his' friends - it means systematically shutting down her every 'outside' resource, sometimes to even include work and family.
No evidence of financial abuse - instead he was lending her money.
Nothing to prove incessant emails, non-stop text messages, or constant phone calls on Travis' part.
No outward evidence of jealousy on Travis' end. Not rising to the level I would expect from an abuser, anyway.
No testimony from friends or family, in court or elsewhere, to indicate an easily triggered temper, impatience, possessiveness, etc.
No proof he circumvented her movements - she didn't live with him and he even lent her his car.
Didn't fly into a rage over a ruined BMW.
Seemingly actively tried to help Jodi on many fronts.

I had no sense of what to expect from the defense experts coming into their testimony, but watching Samuels made me realize how far they had to reach into the fringe of the profession to find someone willing to testify for her. Given that, it's very likely that AVL's testimony will come off as suspect as RS'.

I question how much impact she'll really have when she's queried on behaviors exhibited by Jodi extremely consistent with an abusive personality. When she's questioned about very common markers in abusers totally missing from Travis' personality. And when she's pushed to the wall over how to explain her seeming willingness to totally dismiss abusive behaviors on the part of the defendant. It is a lot for the jury to get past in order for her to have an impact. And while the entire list may not make it into evidence, this jury has already called Jodi out on controlling behaviors, the hallmark of abusers.

Jodi:
Moved to Mesa after their relationship ended - pursuit in a very classical sense.
Stalked him repeatedly.
Isolated Travis in the not so classical sense that because of their sex life, Travis would have been unable to confide the reality of their relationship to many.

No isolation of Jodi - this doesn't mean keeping her from 'his' friends - it means systematically shutting down her every 'outside' resource, sometimes to even include work and family.
Nothing to prove incessant emails, non-stop text messages, or constant phone calls on Travis' part.
No outward evidence of jealousy on Travis' end. Not rising to the level I would expect from an abuser, anyway.
No testimony from friends or family, in court or elsewhere, to indicate an easily triggered temper, impatience, possessiveness, etc.
No proof he circumvented her movements - she didn't live with him and he even lent her his car.

had to bump this, AWESOME POST!:goodpost:

Glad this redirect drivel is over:sigh:

Pick your poison, Nurmi or JW. . . I don't know who is worse?!:what:

I don't think it is over, I think Wilmont just said it was a good time to end. It was 4:30

Thank you!!!
The DT will not follow this perfect assessment (Imo)....but maybe Juan will....:please:

Jodi:
Stalked him repeatedly.

Why is Jinkasauras talking so fast, just because she is hosting NG?? :lol:

But I can be lulled into a nap when Nurmi's at the helm. Willmott is so shrill and choppy it makes me cringe.

I do agree! JW hurts my ears when she gets super - fake inquisitive sounding when asking a question! No me gusta.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

NG on now......without NG......and more re-direct of Samuels.

:silly:

Thank you!!!
The DT will not follow this perfect assessment (Imo)....but maybe Juan will....:please:

Juan is a genius... I am amazed every time I see him in action... love him so much!! <3

I just thoughts someone here said! That they thought Jodie could have worn a hoodie the day of the killing! Could the reference to the sweater be one with a hoodie! Her new story!
This was a few days ago anyone recall?

I hope we get through ALL the juror questions tomorrow, so the DT (which is who they'll be slanted towards) doesn't have time over the break to think up answers.

It's so obvious Nurmi DOES NOT like Jodi.

I thought so as well until I saw them whispering and laughing in court the other day. I think he may see her as an inconvenience but he seems to not hate her.

It was mind numbing to listen to Willmott. I guess she managed to make some points, but for the life of me, I can't say what was accomplished.

Samuels reading his notes of what Jodi told him about the gun and the closet will most likely do the State some good, IMO.

Jodi looks so sour. She makes sure she takes her jacket off to show her arms are thin, I'm guessing. Her nose remarkably continues to widen everyday, and her chair sinks down lower. I don't watch her enough because I'm missing her sneaky moves to steal those pencils.

Watching HLN ... Willy & Samuels are discussing back and forth about how it's important not to interrupt/cut off anyone when they are answering questions,
(Samuels says never want to interrupt their train of thought).

Funny thing us both Willy & Samuels keep cutting each other off before they finish replying to what they are asking each other.

I do agree! JW hurts my ears when she gets super - fake inquisitive sounding when asking a question! No me gusta.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
Wilmott s voice is screechy and annoying!she still questioning this quack tomorrow! ?
She literally has given me a headache.:furious:

I just thoughts someone here said! That they thought Jodie could have worn a hoodie the day of the killing! Could the reference to the sweater be one with a hoodie! Her new story!
This was a few days ago anyone recall?

I haven't mentioned it much, however, it has been my belief her head was covered, either with a hoodie or baseball cap, perhaps. Sweater, I don't think so. Maybe more like an athletic-type zip up jacket to go with the pants she had on?

:waitasec:

Glad this redirect drivel is over:sigh:

Pick your poison, Nurmi or JW. . . I don't know who is worse?!:what:

<modsnip> will be right back questioning the doc tomorrow at 1p AZ time:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Is it just me or did anyone else hear right at the end when Wilmot asked him what Travis supposedly said to her and he replied with the "I'll kill you you f'ing b*tch", and Wilmot asked him whether or not he said "f'ing" or the actual word, and I swear he replied "Yes, SHE did." I have to check that out when it's up on YouTube.

Why is court late tomorrow? Does it have anything to do with JA's sneaky folder activities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth