trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the temps/weather for June 4, 5, and 6th in Mesa.

June 4, 94° / 63° , 0.00 in, 27% / 8% , 29.65, 29.41, 28 MPH from 250° , 41° / 21°

June 5, 89° / 67°, 0.00 in, 38% / 12% , 29.81, 29.53, 21 MPH from 240° , 44° / 23°

June 6, 98° / 62° , 0.00 in, 31% / 8% , 29.88, 29.71, 13 MPH from 170° , 35° / 23°

Here is the link. http://www.mesa.azweather.com/archives/2008daily.html
(respectfully snipped)
there is roughly a one degree discrepancy from the almanac I cited and this (spotters?) website. They pretty much coincide within a degree, from what I can see, though these highs are consistently lower than the ones recorded at Sky Harbor.

Close enough. :)

And how many mins do they waste per show telling us we won't miss a thing, we are going to hit pause now, when we return we will hit play. .... You didn't miss a thing folks, we pushed pause before the break and now we are going to take you back into the courtroom...

WE GET IT ALREADY! :banghead:

Oh Yes you nailed it!! That's the worst part!!

Just heard Janine Driver say something odd. She said (paraphrasing) the biggest mistake anyone watching at home is to mirror a master manipulator.

The point that I'm confused on is that - they are master manipulators. Meaning they fool many (most) for a long, long time usually (unless they implode).

[respectfully snipped]

Janine's statement was confusing. I know they were discussing JA mirroring her DA before she made the "mirror a master manipulator" comment; which made it seem like her comment was about mirroring Willmot (master manipulator?), rather than JA (known manipulator - esp. of men).

Is anyone truly speculating that there is some sort of nefarious drug 'thing' going on - IN court, WITH video?

That makes no sense to me... what am I missing?

She took a pill a few weeks ago - on video. She takes something. Clearly approved by whomever - because she's done it in full view of her lawyers and everyone in the courtroom - and the video cameras. I don't understand what the fuss is about? She 'claimed' to have migraines, didn't she? Maybe she's taking something for that. Don't know - and she's not testifying so I don't really care what she does to her body or mind, frankly.

Not arguing with you Colt - I'm just asking in general after reading several posts on this. I just don't understand. :)
Yes, people are speculating she is doing nefARIAS things. :facepalm: One would think a deputy would have to be right next to her to take any medication. I would think it would have to be done in front of a jailhouse nurse. I don't believe any court would allow a defendant to take a pill, or put anything in their mouths in a court of law. She is not allowed to take anything, even a breath mint from her attorney. I would think the rules are very strict, and considering she tried to kill herself with a Bic...:floorlaugh: Sorry, that makes me laugh every time it is mentioned.

This "unusual person" wrote coded messages and tried to sneak them out of a jailhouse to tamper with a witness. She hacked accounts, tape recorded people, sent fake messages and much, much more. I wouldn't put anything past her! Nothing. Oh, and she murdered a man in cold blood.

This isn't directed at you, my friend. I think a lot of people give her and the court deputies the benefit of the doubt. I do not. I don't like her antics in court. I don't like her families antics. I don't care for her attorney's antics. Nothing would surprise me.

Now, the detective is missing a case file from yesterday? Hmmm...

He actually said she told him she remembered "PULLING THE TRIGGER".....

Wait. WHAT?? Darn it! The problem is that she lied to him so much - seeing significance in this could be undermined by the defense as cherry-picking... Or maybe I'm just too cynical. JA has made me more cynical than I'm comfortable with.

This seems like a very big deal to me... but this expert has been so thoroughly impeached it might not carry any weight. Blast. JA infuriates me.

Is anyone truly speculating that there is some sort of nefarious drug 'thing' going on - IN court, WITH video?

That makes no sense to me... what am I missing?

She took a pill a few weeks ago - on video. She takes something. Clearly approved by whomever - because she's done it in full view of her lawyers and everyone in the courtroom - and the video cameras. I don't understand what the fuss is about? She 'claimed' to have migraines, didn't she? Maybe she's taking something for that. Don't know - and she's not testifying so I don't really care what she does to her body or mind, frankly.

Not arguing with you Colt - I'm just asking in general after reading several posts on this. I just don't understand. :)
She's trying to act in a suspicious manner for the attention. It's another one of her "look at me" moments. She just can't get enough of herself and she knows when she's on camera, especially during sidebars.
:dramaqueen:

This is what I think too, Wilmott will continue Wednesday @1pm, their time, IMO. Any idea why we are starting late in the morning? I've had no time to read the threads today, had to be gone all day for my precious grandson's 4th B-day so I caught up by watching the YouTubes provided by croakerqueen123, much thanks for the videos!

OK, so in the 3rd/last video at about 45 minutes I was watching Jodi digging at the bottom of her right thumb with the lead of one of those stubby pencils they give her to write with. After a short period of time she quickly put both hands under the table as if she realized the camera might be on her or someone was watching, but it appeared she continued with the digging action on her right thumbunder the table. Jodi's face was just a very flat affect as she did this digging with the lead of the pencil the entire time. I am so curious as to why she was doing this. :waitasec: Was she trying to inflict pain to stay awake or something? Maybe she has a condition that makes her crave pain? What the heck? I cannot figure this out. I continued to watch her hands but saw no blood, so I dunno what the crazy "blankety blank" was doing.

This is the video, about 45 minutes into it was where I saw this crazy digging action with the pencil going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtqwJtMFJII

And is it just me, or was that top she was wearing totally inappropriate for court? I would have told her to keep that darn jacket ON had I been Wilmott.

Oh, and ever since someone mentioned Jodi slipping an ink pen into her notebook the other day I am totally OCD about counting Wilmotts ink pens in that cuppy thing that was left entirely too close to Jodi all day. That viper could go nuts, grab an ink pen and stab someone in the eye, ear, heart, wherever/whoever she took a notion to stab ... or maybe I just need some sleep, I dunno. :facepalm:

I think she's deliberately inflicting pain because she gets a little rush of endorphins from it once the pain is over. I also think she's developed kleptomania in prison .. mind you I've got a sneaking suspicion she's always been a little thief.

Way to go on keeping an eye on the pens. I think she's trying to lift whatever she can too.

You won't BELIEVE how awkward & uncomfortable that cross exam is! IMO, the worst of the trial so far.. Maybe it's because Dr. Horn did such a GREAT job on direct; he was easy to follow, didn't appear to be a "full of himself" doctor, and not too difficult on the eyes either! ;) Between Juan Martinez and Dr. Horn, it was perfect ~ then JW gets up..QUICKLY went down hill, and even the Dr. looked at her several times in disbelief at her questions..

Do you remember what day this was? I saw his testimony but didn't see Wilmot's cross.

I posted about this earlier. There were two pencils to begin the day. Then the pencil stabbing thing happened (or whatever she was doing), then the pencil disappeared under the desk. She had her jacket in her lap. I watched the entire day and didn't see two pencils on the desk again. JMObservations.
I kept watching those pencils too! I thought there were three when trial started :giggle:
She performs a slight of hand and uses her right ring finger and pinky to snag one of the 2 pencils and push it inside that yellow composition book.
I had to watch it over and over again until I caught the corner of that book moving and then stop right in front of her right faux melon. It was about 20 minutes after that she opened up the notebook and there was the pencil.
Weird...really weird. :notgood:

BBM: But Travis and his family are worth the money. JMHO

But the money is a loss, not a gain. If nothing else, they will incur MORE personal costs.

You make a good point though. I'm having such a tough time with my feelings over the penalty phase. And it isn't about JA specifically. I feel guilty over wishing - wanting her to suffer... it doesn't sit well with me - it's not me - but it IS how I feel about her. I think our prison system is almost farcical in some ways - inmates seem to have more rights and benefits than many struggling citizens - except for choice of location/diet - and even then there are too many folks who don't have enough to eat or a place to live OR healthcare...

The justice system is imperfect. It has made lethal mistakes. Even one is too many imv. But I've come so close to making an exception. I'm pained over all of this. I despise this defendant. I ache for the family. I - ugh. this is a real test of my convictions... despite what I've said above. It is not fun. But it's something important enough to work through and learn from.

I just want her to be miserable and forgotten and disappear. If only Travis' family were guaranteed to be free from any further suffering. But that isn't reality. Damn her.

I kept watching those pencils too! I thought there were three when trial started :giggle:
She performs a slight of hand and uses her right ring finger and pinky to snag one of the 2 pencils and push it inside that yellow composition book.
I had to watch it over and over again until I caught the corner of that book moving and then stop right in front of her right faux melon. It was about 20 minutes after that she opened up the notebook and there was the pencil.

JA doing something sneaky? Say it isn't so! :blushing:

I thought Arias took her glasses off when reading?! In this video from today she doesn't.

I noticed it several times today. Watch @ 33:50.....
Jodi Arias Trial - Day 32 - Part 3 - YouTube

I do not believe in any way that she needs glasses :snooty: Her being sent to the optometrist by her DT....means nothing to me. In murder cases, esp. involving the DP, the DT always has to put glasses on these monsters :furious:

I always thought the glasses were a fake prop.

But the money is a loss, not a gain. If nothing else, they will incur MORE personal costs.

You make a good point though. I'm having such a tough time with my feelings over the penalty phase. And it isn't about JA specifically. I feel guilty over wishing - wanting her to suffer... it doesn't sit well with me - it's not me - but it IS how I feel about her. I think our prison system is almost farcical in some ways - inmates seem to have more rights and benefits than many struggling citizens - except for choice of location/diet - and even then there are too many folks who don't have enough to eat or a place to live OR healthcare...

The justice system is imperfect. It has made lethal mistakes. Even one is too many imv. But I've come so close to making an exception. I'm pained over all of this. I despise this defendant. I ache for the family. I - ugh. this is a real test of my convictions... despite what I've said above. It is not fun. But it's something important enough to work through and learn from.

I just want her to be miserable and forgotten and disappear. If only Travis' family were guaranteed to be free from any further suffering. But that isn't reality. Damn her.

I can appreciate all you have said above, and respect that. Sorry if my one liner came off as condemning your view, I was just trying to point out the other side of the coin. I'm not sure how many years on average it would take for one to get the final walk to their death in AZ, but you can rest assured she would be on death row, allowed to wallow in her self pity all alone for a good number of years before she is totally removed as a waste of oxygen consumption. For me, that day can't come soon enough, but I do think she would suffer being in solitary counting down the days.

Do you remember what day this was? I saw his testimony but didn't see Wilmot's cross.

Day 03 Not sure when cross begins but check eonblue and croakerqueen on Youtube - or just search arias trial day 3. hth :)

Yes, people are speculating she is doing nefARIAS things. :facepalm: One would think a deputy would have to be right next to her to take any medication. I would think it would have to be done in front of a jailhouse nurse. I don't believe any court would allow a defendant to take a pill, or put anything in their mouths in a court of law. She is not allowed to take anything, even a breath mint from her attorney. I would think the rules are very strict, and considering she tried to kill herself with a Bic...:floorlaugh: Sorry, that makes me laugh every time it is mentioned.

This "unusual person" wrote coded messages and tried to sneak them out of a jailhouse to tamper with a witness. She hacked accounts, tape recorded people, sent fake messages and much, much more. I wouldn't put anything past her! Nothing. Oh, and she murdered a man in cold blood.

This isn't directed at you, my friend. I think a lot of people give her and the court deputies the benefit of the doubt. I do not. I don't like her antics in court. I don't like her families antics. I don't care for her attorney's antics. Nothing would surprise me.

Now, the detective is missing a case file from yesterday? Hmmm...

Who is that woman that keeps coming up there talking to her when the lawyers are in sidebar?

Perhaps she is going to stab herself this time with a pencil. I am sure they check her when she is returned to jail.

Love this.

Juan, talking to the witness, about him not updating the report after discovering some new lies that she told him:

" So what you are telling us is that you THREW UP YOUR HANDS and said oh no, I have already finished my report..."

I love his way with words...LOL

I know. I love how he says:

"Do you have memory problems?" and "It's made up".

Oh, and the way he says, "Well..." :blushing:

Well the trial doesn't start tomorrow until 1:00 PM ... which for me is 4:00 PM so I can at least get a few things done around the house. :) :)

I can appreciate all you have said above, and respect that. Sorry if my one liner came off as condemning your view, I was just trying to point out the other side of the coin. I'm not sure how many years on average it would take for one to get the final walk to their death in AZ, but you can rest assured she would be on death row, allowed to wallow in her self pity all alone for a good number of years before she is totally removed as a waste of oxygen consumption. For me, that day can't come soon enough, but I do think she would suffer being in solitary counting down the days.

No, no no! I appreciate what you said - and your reasoning is exactly what is testing me - and that's not a bad thing. I never thought it would happen and I hope to think that I have the ability to learn - not just say "I'm right!" and not consider things that make me uncomfortable. That would be stupid.

I have never been so close to the fence on this. And I want to hear what you say. If this isn't a case getting real about things, I don't know what is.

I am horrified by the lack of victims rights - even with the progress that has been made. Thank you. I didn't see your reply as an attack at all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch