trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else find that RS's replies often sound like JA's replies?

I didn't say that!
I didn't use that word.
I can't rememebr.

Perhaps she is going to stab herself this time with a pencil. I am sure they check her when she is returned to jail.
I would think she's checked but I believe she's allowed the pencils for her "Monet-worthy" drawRings. :rolleyes:
And if so then why is she pilfering them? :dunno:

No, no no! I appreciate what you said - and your reasoning is exactly what is testing me - and that's not a bad thing. I never thought it would happen and I hope to think that I have the ability to learn - not just say "I'm right!" and not consider things that make me uncomfortable. That would be stupid.

I have never been so close to the fence on this. And I want to hear what you say. If this isn't a case getting real about things, I don't know what is.

I am horrified by the lack of victims rights - even with the progress that has been made. Thank you. I didn't see your reply as an attack at all. :)

I could probably be more forgiving and maybe in time even sympathetic had she shot Travis in a fit of rage, end of story scenario. JA went way beyond murder, not only did she hack his body to pieces so the family and loved ones would have to have a closed casket funeral, 5 years later she is still not done destroying his image, his name, his family and on top of that blaming everyone in her life for her own short comings. JA is pure evil IMHO!

Does anyone have a link (if there is a one?) to the layout of Travis's house; the entire house and not just the crime scene?

Did his house have two sets of stairs? I ask this because the stairs seem to be much wider in one of the photos and although it could be due to the angle, it made me wonder if there are two stairways to get to the upstairs rooms.

If there were two sets of stairs, this would explain quite a bit in regards to the roommates not noticing the smell (that is, if they aren't passing Travis's room on the way to their own).

If only one set of stairs, then how are the other rooms positioned? Are they across the landing (the area with the two love seats), from Travis's? Of all the photos, I still haven't seen where the other rooms are in reference to T's room.

I wish I did and hope someone may post if they find one. I have wondered about the layout too.

Mostly because Jodi planned and went to such extremes of seemingly clever premeditation, e.g., gas cans, "burglary" of the .25, white rental car, trip to Utah, etc., yet also made many absurd and stupid blunders. I have wondered how she knew she could count on the roommates neither seeing her nor hearing her pre-planned slaughter. How did she know she could get in and out without being seen? Her scheme seemed to presume this.

Well the trial doesn't start tomorrow until 1:00 PM ... which for me is 4:00 PM so I can at least get a few things done around the house. :) :)

CW....where are you ? Trial starts at 1 EST...just don't want you to miss anything.

I always thought the glasses were a fake prop.

Corrections wouldn't allow that - so who would be giving them to her? Her lawyers or her mom - before court begins every day it's in session?

I definitely buy the "look at me!" explanation for any/all her behaviours. Heck - I wouldn't put it past her to ball up a piece of paper and swallow it in order to make people guess about her 'meds'. She's an ldiot. A violent. selfish eviI ldiot.

I guess I miss a lot of this stuff because I tend not to watch her - during the trial. Her affectations are so annoying and her play-acting a bore. I didn't realize I largely ignore her until I read here and find out what she's up to - and I watch the videos at night if I miss them live. She makes me sick (and I'm sick enough right now trying to hold down medicine and failing).

But I have found her curious at times - like an insect I've never seen before... only to find out it's just a stink bug or (the worst!)... a t-t-ti--tick... (shudder). Those things are EVIL. Nearly killed my mom. So there is a resemblance there.

Day 03 Not sure when cross begins but check eonblue and croakerqueen on Youtube - or just search arias trial day 3. hth :)

Thanks much! I never even realized I missed his cross at all until folks were talking about it. If Wilmot was that bad, well, that I just have to see!

:floorlaugh:Dr drew
Jennie driver said
regarding jodi putting the folder behind her butt
Well she hasn't had anything back there for a while lol

She said she used to do stand up comedy. Interesting, and funny lady. I really like her.

I wish I did and hope someone may post if they find one. I have wondered about the layout too.

Mostly because Jodi planned and went to such extremes of seemingly clever premeditation, e.g., gas cans, "burglary" of the .25, white rental car, trip to Utah, etc., yet also made many absurd and stupid blunders. I have wondered how she knew she could count on the roommates neither seeing her nor hearing her pre-planned slaughter. How did she know she could get in and out without being seen? Her scheme seemed to presume this.

PPKik.......:Welcome1: :greetings:

I question how much impact she'll really have when she's queried on behaviors exhibited by Jodi extremely consistent with an abusive personality. When she's questioned about very common markers in abusers totally missing from Travis' personality. And when she's pushed to the wall over how to explain her seeming willingness to totally dismiss abusive behaviors on the part of the defendant. It is a lot for the jury to get past in order for her to have an impact. And while the entire list may not make it into evidence, this jury has already called Jodi out on controlling behaviors, the hallmark of abusers.

Behaviors consistent with an abusive personality...

Jodi:
Moved to Mesa after their relationship ended - pursuit in a very classical sense.
Slashed the tires on his car - damage to personal property.
Sent a 'warning' email to a prospective girlfriend.
Snooped through his text messages.
Stalked him repeatedly.
In my opinion, very likely cyber stalked him.
Consistently violated boundaries of personal privacy.
Snooped through his online accounts.
Knew his ATM pin # and garage access code.
Dismissed his voiced concerns over them having sex.
Showed evidence of high manipulation through their phone recording.
Isolated Travis in the not so classical sense that because of their sex life, Travis would have been unable to confide the reality of their relationship to many.
Threatened suicide as emotional blackmail.

Behaviors inconsistent with an abusive personality:
Encouraging Jodi to date other people.
Not escalating the relationship to a more serious nature very, very quickly.
No evidence of stalking or harassing Jodi once she moved back to Yreka.
No escalation of violence according to testimony on direct.
No isolation of Jodi - this doesn't mean keeping her from 'his' friends - it means systematically shutting down her every 'outside' resource, sometimes to even include work and family.
No evidence of financial abuse - instead he was lending her money.
Nothing to prove incessant emails, non-stop text messages, or constant phone calls on Travis' part.
No outward evidence of jealousy on Travis' end. Not rising to the level I would expect from an abuser, anyway.
No testimony from friends or family, in court or elsewhere, to indicate an easily triggered temper, impatience, possessiveness, etc.
No proof he circumvented her movements - she didn't live with him and he even lent her his car.
Didn't fly into a rage over a ruined BMW.
Seemingly actively tried to help Jodi on many fronts.

I cometely agree with u on this. Very good post and summary.

I had not not folllowed tbis case at all until I happened to catch the last day or so of Nurmis direct. I was hooked after watching JM beginning the cross.. (As opposed to the CA trial which I watched after following the case from the first week little Caylee was reported missing.) So I had no real info. or previous opinions about the case. What stuck out to me (besides the ludicrous idea of 29 stabbings a slit throat and a gunshot in self defense lol) was how obviously she was lying about being abused and being in fear for her life. She did not convey that at ALL! She didn't even seem to try to fake it.

She is an insult and a slap in the face to any woman who has ever been abused. She may be a good actress in some ways, but not when it comes to playing the abused woman in fear for her life. It was like a joke to me.

I have been abused. A 25 year marriage of it. In every way: physically, verbally, emotionally, financially, sexually, u name it. He was a master manipulator as well. She couldnt even report verbal abuse! He told her she held a camera like a 5 year old!! Give me a break. He used the f word and called her a *****? I could tell u just one episode of verbal abuse from my ex that included names I was called and cruelties that were uttered and threats tbat were made that make what Travis said to her (if he said it) sound like compliments and offering to give her a foot massage. My ex could have you in a fetal ball in the corner with the things he would say.

And the physical intimation and control and abuse? Lets just say I saw no fear in Jodi. She doesnt know what being afaid of someone is! She couldnt even come up with examples that were anything noteworthy - pun intentional- she didnt even know enough about a truly abusive partner to come up with anything more than the vaguest, mildest, most mundane exames. "He choked me. He yelled at me. He said the f word and called me a *****" Give me a break!

Abusers dont let u leave and move thousands of miles away. U dont have to seek them out and drive to their homes and interfere with their lives. They keep u under their thumb. They dont try to end the relationship and move on. They make u believe that if u ever try to leave them they will kill u first and if u do get away theyll find u and kill u.

She makes me sick. She maybe felt used. That was because she lowered herself! She thought she could win him over thru sex.

Any expert that will say she was in a domestic violence situation is a charlatan.

And no, in all that time I still was never forced to kill my ex to save myself. Im not saying their arent rare cases where women havent had to, but Jodi is NOT one of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Some may already know this, but June 12, 2008.. 8 days after JA murdered Travis, she uploaded this onto her Youtube account (a different Eddie Snell video of Travis). She created her account May 29, 2008. This is the only video/activity on the account.
Travis Alexander - Eddie Snell's Paustenbalm - YouTube

He was so much more worthy of life than that totally disgusting, demented, evil killer. Maybe she knew that which is why she couldn't stand to let him live. :furious:

Ok I have searched and searched for a full house plan, but I'm sure (without proof) that the top floor was just the master suite with the other bedrooms on the ground floor, so they didn't walk past his door, and the dog fence had been placed on the bottom of the stairs to keep Napolean away also.

In Flores' report he mentions that the flatmate that really knew Travis was out for most of the week also.

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf

Anyway, I can understand the flatmates not investigating, the one who knew Travis wasn't there, the other one was new to the household etc .. and I don't think they went upstairs which was his area ..

Corrections wouldn't allow that - so who would be giving them to her? Her lawyers or her mom - before court begins every day it's in session?

I definitely buy the "look at me!" explanation for any/all her behaviours. Heck - I wouldn't put it past her to ball up a piece of paper and swallow it in order to make people guess about her 'meds'. She's an ldiot. A violent. selfish eviI ldiot.

I guess I miss a lot of this stuff because I tend not to watch her - during the trial. Her affectations are so annoying and her play-acting a bore. I didn't realize I largely ignore her until I read here and find out what she's up to - and I watch the videos at night if I miss them live. She makes me sick (and I'm sick enough right now trying to hold down medicine and failing).

But I have found her curious at times - like an insect I've never seen before... only to find out it's just a stink bug or (the worst!)... a t-t-ti--tick... (shudder). Those things are EVIL. Nearly killed my mom. So there is a resemblance there.

Her lawyer could be giving them to her each day before court and taking them back afterwards. Since I wear glasses myself I noticed that she isn't a glasses wearing person in that she sometimes forgets where they are on her face when she wipes fake tears or does that pressing on her forehead to make fake tears come out, sometimes taking them off to see up close and sometimes not, etc.

She facsinates me much like an alien creature in a cage would. She is just so totally inhuman I still can't figure out what the heck to make of her, like she had to have dropped onto the planet from some other one.

Ewwwwww tics! They totally gross me out! Evil tiny bugs that shove their heads under your skin and suck out your blood like tiny leaches. On of my brothers and the dog I had at the time years ago both got Lyme disease in the same week. My brother claims he's been fine ever since, but he would say he was fine after being run over by a bus, so I'm not really sure. My dog never completely recovered and had joint pain that just got worse as he got older. Lyme disease terrifies me.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! Maybe some ginger ale might help? Is it side effects from the medicine? Maybe your doctor can give you the anti-puke pills (I think it's called Compazine)... if I ever had to take a narcotic for pain I HAD to have those anti-puke pills.

Thanks. I didn't notice the other stuff. Can't take all the HLN commercials or this defense case much longer. Watch when. JM is on then try to read all the posting here!

Still hope she gets caught and reemed good by the judge. In open court. That would make our day!!!

When this case is over I am putting HLN on a long PAUSE:great:

He was so much more worthy of life than that totally disgusting, demented, evil killer. Maybe she knew that which is why she couldn't stand to let him live. :furious:

OMGawd - she uploaded that AFTER she murdered him. I am not that all for the death penalty (am so primarily in cases of child murderers), but this has to be the topping on the cake. Please, please, jury - give her the needle.

MOO - thanks.

Mel

I could probably be more forgiving and maybe in time even sympathetic had she shot Travis in a fit of rage, end of story scenario. JA went way beyond murder, not only did she hack his body to pieces so the family and loved ones would have to have a closed casket funeral, 5 years later she is still not done destroying his image, his name, his family and on top of that blaming everyone in her life for her own short comings. JA is pure evil IMHO!

Please understand - I feel NO sympathy whatsoever towards JA. NONE. Zip. I agree with everything you say. My struggle is with a fallible process. But I don't want to get in trouble for being off topic. I just need to clarify - I can't even type what I'd like to see JA suffer through - but that doesn't mean I have to agree with a process that may be her fate - but that makes lethal mistakes as well.

Man, I wish I'd never started this... :) I'm really twixt wind and water trying to work this out.

New Subject! :)

And how she explains exactly how they were looking at pictures and deleting them. Then the camera falls and he grabs her. She never changes the story there to give more insight to how Travis could see a camera fall, instantly turn into the hulk and body slam her. A truthful person's story would change--but only to fill in gaps with more truthful details. Her story can't change because she can't afford to fill in the gaps with new lies at this point.

Also, at one point the doctor says Travis hits her, which causes her to drop the camera...:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela