trial day 34: the defense continues its case in chief #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the rope comes in twice. They just keep building upon any slip ups that were made in previous days. WTF

I really really hope we get to jury questions today. This testimony is like gnats buzzing in my ears.

What does JA keep looking at off to her left side??

I cannot BELIEVE that JW is EXTENDING this guy's time on the stand!!! Why doesn't she want to just get on with jury questions, it's not like she won't have the chance to go over things with him once that's done... wouldn't most lawyers see the necessity in hittin' the drop floor hatch on this guy??

" If someone studied the structure of the MCMI, they might be able to fake it, but it is highly improbable as it is very complicated and it has internal validity controls, bla bla boa... I CALL BS.

We heard some of the questions. It sounded like it was pretty obvious which way to answer those questions to get the 'right' diagnosis.

Uncanny says Samuels.

Talking down to the Jurors now about how sophisticated, and hard to understand the tests and results.

:sheesh: He believes liars and their stories.

He believes there was a rope. I don't.

MCMI = 1901

Useless Roman Numeral Trivia.

Carry on.

I think it is hilarious how the doc keeps looking at the jury while explaining things. He acts like he thinks they are really listening and thinking how great and knowledgeable he is.

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 39s
Phwew! That was close. Almost got our first #JodiArias sidebar by mistake

I cannot stand Willmott and her snarky looks she gives. JM doesn't do that during their objections. Unprofessional.

Thankfully JM has a witness for the State.

It appears here the defense is making poor JA the victim and this is absolutely bizarre. Come on judge do your job. She could tell this BS to anybody and make up any story. She has done this.

Dr. Samuels on the stand w/Wilmot . . . what JA told him about 6/4/08 was consistent with what he diagnosed her with.

He was in role of Evaluator . . . . come up with diagnosis and tests confirm - report . . . .

process of forming diagnosis - no one test or procedure to have 100% assurity - have as many different sources of information you can . . . getting a hypothesis in his mind . . . not a guess but best determination based upon information available . . . next step is an interview . . . . based upon my hypothesis - I began to think of different tests I might like to use - some tests are better for certain diagnosis . . .

Therapist model - therapy client comes to office with specific problem - may be having a marital problem, anxiety, stop a bad habit like smoking or deal with a sexual dysfunction . . . get background information in 2 or 3 sessions - develop information about person and their environment and when problem began . . . develop specific targets and come up with therapeutic intervention goals and when the goals should be met.

Usually patient is seen more often in therapy can take months and can take a year or two - usually takes months - he tries to conclude his therapy with patients within 3-6 months (he spent longer with JA didn't he?)

two different tests need to be conducted and neither at the same time . . . .ever blurred the line in evaluator status? no . . . even sending her a book? I was not providing therapy.

Hypothesis about what person might be suffering from or a particular diagnosis . . . . both MCMI has advantages and the MMPI does too . . .usually use MCMI first . . . there is another test I can use (missed it) . . .

if refutes your hypothesis do you change your diagnosis. . . yes
how often
regularly

I have found MCMI seem to be a better predictor . . . . sometimes it is almost uncanny . . . not 100% but it is more related to the diagositic . . . . .a meta-predictor I find over time . . .

MMPI is longer does that make it better? no
I like the Mcmi bettr

would you ever use MCMI alone
no - no one scale test should be used . . . . it says never use this test solely to make a diagnosis use other information to make proper diagnosis

$250 per hour when I signed onto this case . . . . that is over 30+ years experience

if someone had studied the construction of the MMPI or Mcmi = went into the literature studied and throw off the test. . . Dr. Sam might be able to go in and take the test and throw it off to giving him a diagnosis he doesn't have but the average person doesn't have that knowledge

if someone is distorting or lying you need to take with a grain of salt . . . . MCMI JA's results came within the norm . . . .. he had no concerns she was lying.

TA tied her up with rope . . . happened twice . . .. th fist time she was tied with just her wrists first time . . . she described what she was tied with to him . .. .

exhibit #537 - given to Dr. Samuels . . . notes he took 4/21/2010 . . . .yes . . . objection - he has no indication he doesn't remember the date objection . .. I just provided the date for him (Wilmot)

the first time what rope was used - it was a twine
objection - she (just gave him the answer??)
may we approach

OH BS!!

People are smart enough to figure out what the questions are trying to get to in order to come up with the "right" answer - or rather, the answer they want the test to say.

It may take more knowledge to INTERPRET what it all means, but it's not rocket science what those questions are trying to discover.

If I'm taking a test to see whether or not I'm depressed (which I've taken many times in doctor's offices), I think I know that "Have you been suicidal? Have you wanted to die? Have you been lethargic? Has your appetite changed?" etc. etc. are all good indicators that I'm DEPRESSED.

These things can easily be faked.

Dr. Samuels has already taught me a great deal about the Law of Inaction.

Meanwhile, at the local KOA...

hippotent1a.png

Did he just say it was a TWINE, not a rope? :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads