trial day 35: the defense continues its case in chief #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck does his feeling assured as to his dx matter? If he's incompetent, then???
Oh whoa. The tests are to refine your hypothesis? lolol Maybe he should have said to confirm or disprove?

Let's compare the "trauma" that Jodi Arias 'suffered' on June 4th with the trauma that Travis Alexander suffered on June 4th, shall we Doctor?

Ick! I don't like that a juror is calling June 4th, "the event".

It could be that the judge/attorneys changed a word such as killing, murder, etc., to "the event" so that it is not perceived as prejudicial.

The Jury:

:weaklink::weaklink::weaklink::weaklink::weaklink::weaklink::weaklink::weaklink:
:weaklink::weaklink::weaklink::weaklink::weaklink::weaklink::weaklink::weaklink:

in other words, you need to know that the defense is looking for PTSD, so you gear your results to PTSD

if the score could have been higher, then it could have been lower

" I must admit I was thrown by the VERACITY of the questioning..."

Doesn't veracity mean truthfulness? :floorlaugh:

SUCH a Freudian moment! :what:

Superego means to say: "I was thrown by the ferocity of the questioning..." (it was SO ferocious, poor me!)

Id actually says: "I was thrown by the veracity of the questioning..." (i was SO truthful, HALP someone save me from me!)

Ego digs a hole and crawls into it whimpering... (So many things I wanted to do with my professional career...)

:seeya:

I :lol: every time you post that dancing doggie :)

Hey, don't blame me.

It's Richard M. Samuels, Ph.D who continues to mention Jodi shaking, which she herself characterized as shaking like a chihuahua.

It's her idea.

I'm just going with it.

I wouldn't want to de-edify her sorta contemporaneous with these other events.

This Samuels' aggressiveness and insistence (wants to speak on behalf of JA) only makes it seem like he really really likes her. Fond of her.

So it doesn't matter what the answers are as long as it can fit what your aiming for.

It really freaks me out that this man has been in positions of power to make decisions and influence children's and families' lives.

JA has her chair cocked funny. Haven't seen this before.

You know poor Travis
Had to be frustrated! She was so intrusive! I bet she would show up and not leave! Many times! How frustrating was that! Girl didnt get the hint! I don't want you go away

Yep...just like the afternoon of June 4 when he was cleaning his house and she continued to hang around - refused to leave.

Did he really just blame his inconsistencies on how Mr. Martinez was questions him?? wow. I need a cigarette...

Then he isn't capable of being a professional/paid witness in a murder trial if he can't handle questions by the opposing council.

Samuels needs his own Doctor!:furious:

JW: "Have you heard a tape of a phone coversation...." :banghead:

Newsflash: EVERYONE'S heard the tape of the phone conversation and those of us without fogenesia remember the part where she was trying to convince Travis that she and he were "freaky" Mormons and that she would "blossom" so much better with a fellow freak blah blah blah blah blah. She wasn't overtly jealous, no. But she was very obviously trying to manipulate him. *sigh* Sorry for ranting with no real purpose, but JW just started and my patience with her questions (AND the 'good' Dr's answers) is already gone.

The Dr said she and Travie talked about marryingg other people. 3 weeks before she killed him she tried to get him to commit to her. Its on the tape. She used their sex lives as a reason. I hope JM brings this up.

JA presented with physiological symptoms began after June 2008 . . . . any time previous to that. . . .
she did have some shaking and sweaty palms with altercation with TA
those PTSD symptoms began with more regularity after the incident

Wilmot & Dr. Samuels

an incident TA pushed her down and choke her and experience the tremors . .. .
anger and fear she felt describes from the beginning of their meetings even while telling the intruder story . . being forthright began to describe details of relation with TA . . . later when she told you what actually happened on 6/4/08 . .. yes she had made that breakthrough and relating more to me @ the time

jealousy . . . supported the idea there was no jealousy involved . . . listen to tape recording between JA and TA . .yes. . . discuss marry other people, yes . . .TA going to cancun. . yes . . . any anger from JA to TA on that tape/ no

in journal articlesTA not being the person to marry - yes she write that once . . . marry different people . .trip on June 2 going to visit another man

speak with him thru text messages and phone . . . trip to Utah . . . june 2008 . . . aware her move away from tA? yes . . . back to California review text messages talking about how good she felt - no way indicative of jealousy . . .

just talked about being thrown during testimony - PSD test and whether should have given it again . . . any concerns PSD would have been not PTssd // no . . . score would remain same or go higher.

there was a trauma and how seriously it affect you and what ways . . .both were terrible storys . .. the intruder story was bad enough but the true story was even worse.

confident enough in the results to use it to confirm make a PTSD diagnosis . . . . make a hypothesis . . . make a diagnose somebody - give them a body of tests? . . .

purpose of tests is to refine oringal hypothesis . . . experience working with people who have these disorders . . . working with them confirming with criteria from DSM

disasociative identity disorder - original hypothesis . . . confirmed that was out pretty quick . . . in most of the therapy I do . . . I don't do it anymore . . . .often didn't do testing because insurance company do not like to pay for testing . . . . when you do psychotherapy you are pretty much on your own . . . . talk about experience - helpful when talking to patient about experience and symptoms . .. . a medical doctor pains somewhere - doesn't that MD want to know where pains arefirst before sent out to test?
yes
objection

"thrown by veracity?" as in "thrown by the truth of it?" did he mean ferocity?

Probably - just like he meant to meet the criteria for his diagnosis in his report, but didn't....typos. Testing and interviews based on falsehoods? Not important.
Maybe he meant what he said - he was thrown by the veracity because he's a big liar.
Or maybe he and Jodi study big words together to comport testimony - not to de-edify him - at the risk of sounding esoteric.

I think Willmott knows how DeMarke conducted her interview with Arias, and is hinting that she did it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel