Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: I'm here with my anti-nausa meds :giggle:

Do we know if the questions that will be asked are going to be asked in the order that they came in?

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Judge Stephens is not at the bench, the attorneys are going into chambers. We are still not under way yet, stay tuned #JodiArias

Let's hope today is a good one in court...think we all could use it after the past two days, and more importantly, so could the jury and Travis's family.

I want at least one "gottcha" moment!

Ok is anyone else floored by the newly released information (Sleeping under the Christmas tree incident and the new interrogation video) as I am???????

Now I heard there were more creepy stories relayed on Dr. Drew's show last night. Anyone have a link to that show??? I didn't DVR it last night and missed it.

Frankly between the video and the Christmas tree story I think Jodi's danger level exponentially increased for me. I mean clearly she's dangerous based on what she did to Travis but my God the woman is completely psycho!!!

Why on God's Earth was Travis not scared of Jodi is beyond me.

Yes - me! I wonder why she didn't testify. Maybe there was a pretrial motion that her testimony was more prejudicial than probabtive? In any event - holy cow - if the jury knew about doggie door, tire slashing and uninvited christmas tree crashing - done deal. Oh and the headstand.

Ditto! Instead of asking, "What has happened today?" my hubby asks, "When will this be over?" He has also been exposed to Nancy Grace for the first time. I don't think he's happy. :blushing:

BBM...a statement generally not often uttered by men

:floorlaugh:

I made the trip to the market and have put groceries away, chopped a rotisserie chicken for a pasta dish tonight, chilling a bottle of wine (I usually drink reds but need the Pinot Grigio for the pasta). Sorry, Softail, they were out of barf bags :D but may I suggest a grocery bag that is lined with paper towels (that's what my mom did when we were sick).

The lady in the next aisle while I was at the check out told her cashier that "(she) was in a fog" because she thought that she had already handed the cashier her ID. I started to :giggle: and turned to her and asked if she was following the Jodi Arias trial. When I explained, both cashiers, the other customer and I all :lol:

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 19s
If you want the full effect of the courtroom, spray orange fabreeze and silence your phones

Seal still up. I should smack myself for thinking they would be on time today.

Clarification: She wasn't drunk on the video last night. She was relating an incident in which she had had too much to drink at a party and Travis had helped her. This resulted in a jealous confrontation the following day with JA - who is pure psycho.

Yes. Sorry if my description of her was confusing. She wasn't drunk during the crazy events she described but I was trying to identify her as the woman that was testified about in Court by Jodi.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Dr. Samuels has a big gray bag that he pulls along with him that hopefully has all of his notes in order. #JodiArias

I hope he washed the wheels off from dragging it through the vomit yesterday.

I wonder what jury is going to do when he starts pulling out books and notes to "explain" how he reaches his speculating?

I'm not married (yet!) but I'd much rather sit down with the husband and watch a trial like this than receive roses or go to the opera or whatever. I'm weird. I know, I know.

Will you marry me?

Does anybody know...

During Juan's rebuttal, can he call friends of TA's to testify as to his character: what a kind and non-violent person he was, etc., as well as anyone he may have confided in about the true nature of his relationship with JA?

I'd be interested in hearing from some of the people who have been very quiet throughout this entire trial: Deanna Reid, the room mates, and the woman last night who was on Nancy Grace (can't remember her name off the top of my head).

Yes. Self Defense is a unique circumstance in which bad character evidence can be used by the defendant to show that the victim was the aggressor. Once the defendant attacks the victim's character, then the state can either attack the defendant's character for violence, or present evidence of the victim's good character for peacefulness. Moreover, in homicide cases, if the defendant provides evidence that the victim was the first aggressor, even if that evidence is not character evidence, then the prosecution can enter evidence of the victim's character of peacefulness.

It's usually limited to reputation or opinion evidence...meaning that a witness cannot use specific instances of peacefulness such as, "Travis once walked away after being punched." But a witness could say, "Everything that I know about Travis is that he is a peaceful guy...etc."

Of course, as always, AZ might have a twist on this general rule.

I think I am getting PTSD waiting on this to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive