trial day 35: the defense continues its case in chief #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a few questions that made me feel a little uncomfortable, but overall, this jury, IMO, is not believing this "expert". The vast majority of questions clearly indicated that they are not buying what he's selling. Plus, Juan will get another go at this quack, and there is still rebuttal to come.

ITA, LE look for changes/inconsistencies in statements, because that points to veracity / lack thereof!

To all, y'all are all rockin' today!!!!!

Yeah, Samuel is a fool. He's argued both already -- that consistent stories indicate the truth, and that inconsistent stories also indicate the truth.

When the DV expert takes the stand, you'll see a similar form of reasoning -- anything, no matter how bizarre, is consistent with being a "battered woman".

More questions from the jurors...

Anyone see the judge billow her lips in sort of a "oh boy" exhale - as an indicator to yet even more questions from the jurors? She did it as the clerk handed her the new stack of questions.

Anyone else notice these questions for the doc are the most accusatory and relay a very open seniment about her faking PTSD and his lack of credible foundation for it?

Caught the last five or ten minutes because of work..ugh..

Sounds like the good Dr confirmed motive. Travis was her ticket to the top. It also makes her little diary notations about not being 'able' to marry him were a lie.

Kelly

IMO she was focused on a certain juror and almost knocked wilmott over to get in their presence. Smiling. Me thinks she thinks she has a fan on the jury... Jmo

One of my biggest issues is the following testimony:

1. Murderers who premeditate don't show PTSD because they planned it (basic idea of what he said);

2. People who have been attacked by a stranger do show PTSD.

3. People who have to self defend show PTSD.

4. Since Jodi lied the first time, he didn't feel he had to retest because of #3. He just attributed the "true" trauma to the first story and kept the results.

IE, in my view, that means he NEVER even considered it COULD BE #1. He was sold on #3 from the beginning. His entire failure to retest shows he never even considered premeditation as a viable consideration.
Bumping a great post - thanks MA

I about gagged on my coffee when I heard multiple personality!!!! :furious:

That is about insane as Jodi. Good grief. Denial is a defense mechanism. Lord mercy. This guy is crazy.

My Professional Opinion and I am sticking to it!!!

Sometimes denial is just.....a good ol' lie. Nothing else. Just a lie. To save your butt.

There's something up with the fact Dr. Samuels didn't directly interview JA's family. Either he didn't *want* to learn things that would hinder the defense's case, or her family didn't want to talk.

I just don't see how the diagnosis can be deemed reliable without gleaning independent information about her background via Arias family members.

I'm left to believe the defense needed a PTSD / short-term amnesia finding, so Samuels restricted his investigation to minimal measures to "find" this and nothing more. His findings do nothing to legitimize all the "wooden spooning" and past boyfriend abuse, which I'd think is key to bolstering her DV claim.

Well, maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm not worried at all. I just KNEW deep in my heart that CA would be found guilty. I watched that trial like a hawk and yet there were times I was worried. I'm not worried at all with this one. I really believe Jodi will get what she deserves. I think the jury agrees with us on that. I really, really do.

None of those questions have me worried. I'm also not worried they are asking so many questions. They have to put up with all the ridiculous hours and aggravations so this is their one chance to actually DO something so they are doing it. Plus I really think they are trying to send a message with their questions. JMO.

This was huge I thought:

Since you didn't meet with Jodi until dec 2009, isn't it fair to say you are not sure she suffered from PTSD?

Correct.

Dr <mod snip> just said someone like Jodi <mod snip> who was experiencing "acute stress" would not be capable of "extravagant planning" I sure hope Juan Martinez tears him apart about how very strategic her planning was prior to, during and after the brutal and horrific butchering of Travis. Attempt to clean up or alter the crime scene ("cleaning" dna off Travis' body, washing sheets and towels with bleach, flooding bathroom, deleting photos), all efforts made to remove any trace of her being there in the house, removing her bloody clothing etc. Then the leaving her phone off until she got out of the state, removing and disposing of weapons and other evidence in the desert, driving hundreds of miles out of her way to get back to her original Pasadena-to-Utah route instead of driving straight from PHX to Utah. That all sounds like considerable "extravagant planning" or strategic thinking to me, not the actions of someone in a terrorized, traumatized "fog".

Add to that that within hours she was spreading her legs over Ryan, "grinding" and "adjusting" him and who knows what else, acting completely normal for her, hypersexual, needy, upbeat and chipper as could be. According to the accounts of many people, she was just fiiiiine....for Jodi, not one person noted that she seemed upset, scared, sad, nervous, jumpy, weepy or anything of the sort. I am anxiously anticipating Juan asking if someone who has experienced such a "horrible trauma" that causes such "acute stress" could be in the bed of a new man within hours "courting" lol, going out to dinners and other events in such a cheerful and convivial mood.

I, as a person with *real* PTSD, as a survivor of a very violent domestic situation which also included psychological terrorism and marital rape am insulted and enraged by what JA's ridiculous pathological lies about Travis abusing her and her fake PTSD are doing to legitimate DV survivors and those who struggle every single day and night with definitively diagnosed PTSD. She's diminishing and doing a great disservice to real victims and survivors and those struggling and making a mockery of all of us.:furious:

In any case, I don't see how it is relevant that she came down with a case of the old Performing Travis' Death Syndrome AFTER the fact. It wouldn't be relevant if she fell down the stairs on her way out and broke her neck or if she was hit by a car in the street getting into her rental car and broke every bone in her body or if she ran off the road and wrapped her car around a tree or if she stopped at the closest Starbucks on her way out and someone slipped a roofie into her Strawberry Frappe. It doesn't matter!! Arghhh!!

/vent :facepalm:

Thought for the day -

Thank GOD no one impregnated this lady!

You know, I have always wondered why she didn't try to pull this issue over on Travis. It is an interesting issue which I would place money on that she did try it. Of course we will never know, she will never admit it if she did and Travis, well Travis can no longer tell the world about her evil.

And so she stalked him until it became apparent she couldn't have this person who was a better class of person so then she killed him. Why can't the good doctor see this?

$

Of course he can see this. But he chooses to believe his own lies.

I'm hoping he opened the door for Juan regarding the personality disorder hinted at.

so lets see if I understand this..she came out of her fog JUST in time to clean up before going thru a police or border patrol...how convenient!
But, but, but.......he FORGOT she came out of her fog long enough to remember dropping the bloody knife on the bathroom floor!!!!

Me too. It sounds like they could be convinced of this nonsense if only he would explain it in a way that makes sense. Questions about hypnosis and recovered memories do not inspire confidence...like people have been watching too much tv.

Also, he is simply making things up as he goes along. His schtick is extremely outdated, as if he has not kept up with his profession for about 30 years.

I wonder if WS members are automatically dismissed from jury selection. We know too much to buy what most defense attorneys try to sell. And we have a way of seeing through the "fog".

I wish they would have had shock shackles for CA...it's so dr. evil...love it....that's why I can't beleive she is trying to pull some bs at every moment...sneakie deakie....

The good 'doctor' testified Jodi was suicidal, and that he'd read in her journals she'd been so for some time, felt compassion and sent her a paperback book in hopes it might help her self esteem - then (and now) he says she wasn't suicidal - when he saw her, and while incarcerated.
But Jodi testified she gave her self her 'ouchie' papercut to the wrist along with lots of Advil, and extra laundry..you know, cause she totally meant it when she gave her multiple televised interviews saying no jury would convict her.
and purchased a 9mm handgun that she hid in her car to prepare to off herself...or to go camping with a group of male strangers, whose name she can't remember....
You know, either, or...yuck.

I shudder to think what could have happened, if JA had hooked up with a psycho like Paul Bernardo. :-(

She would have an awful hard time, lifting the cup, twisting-rotating her wrist so far over for the jury to see her fake finger from the jury box. They might have to consider lifting her chair up!!! hahahahahahaha They had a better view when she was on the stand.

I think that she always drank using her left hand on the stand and she only seems to drink using her right hand while at the desk. Manipulative much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member