trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #105

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whispering to JW earlier today when the good Doc was on the stand.

ibgo5e.png

If this is the case I'll be able to get some work done tomorrow and the next day. its bad enough when its Nurmi doing it

I know! I don't think I can stand three more days of wilmotts chalkboard voice.! I worked for a domestic violence hotline and in a shelter. I was a victim and thus my interest in volunteering at a shelter.
Jodi wasn't a victim hello Travis was and I went to groups of battered men. I'm. No xpert! Far from it! But I know enough.JVM said she's drank Jodi's koolaide.
I think we've all gathered by bow! That jodi was the abuser!
She kicked and hit her own mother!the wooden spoon story is made up! She abused her mom! Not the other way around.
She was very evil early on. Physically and emotionally! Remember We haven't heard what she's done in other relationships! To the men! Besides her drama! She's controlling abusive and manipulative.
I have faith in juan! Look what he did to Samuels testimony! Lol

Can't wait until juan gets. His turn! Wilmott knows this is the judges first DP case! So she's. having all these sidebars! More than I've ever seen, hard. To believe she beat Baez.

IMO this witness is very intelligent, well spoken and certainly qualified to speak on Domestic Violence with all her experience in that area.

I just don't know what she is doing testifying for the defense. IMO calling someone a five year old and throwing a toblerone at someone does not constitute domestic violence.

Just My Opinion...

But, speaking of gender: I have every confidence that if the genders here were reversed, the trial would have lasted less than three weeks and "Joel" Arias would already be on death row for the murder of "Tammy" Alexander.

Lets me honest here. Any expert in domestic violence the bulk of experience is going to be on abusive men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe, but domestic violence where men are the victims and the violence is perpetrated by women is severely under-reported.

I don't give a flip what she looks like or what her own personal philosophies are. I do care, very much, that she validate male victims of domestic abuse every bit as much as their female counterparts.

My concern, after reading several of her papers and watching a few of her keynote speeches, is that she does show bias towards female victims. In reality, a good 90% of DV victims are women - but it won't help men to come forward if even advocates won't fully concede they can be every bit as abused or victimized, and sometimes even more so, than females.

I have to question, as an advocate, how she could seemingly ignore very common abusive characteristics Jodi has displayed but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Excellent post, BritsKate. Just excellent.

How many hours do you think Wilmott will keep her on the stand before letting JM take a crack at her? Will Wilmott go all day tomorrow?

OMG How long is her education going to go on? It's her whole life history Now she's frightened of men.

I *thought* I read somewhere she was going to testify for JM but then switched sides. That's only readsay but can anyone sustain or overrule?

She is a DEFENSE WITNESS. PERIOD. Always has been in this case. Her job is to prove to the jury that TA was the abuser. And goodness only knows what she will say about the pedo allegations ...:banghead:

They talk about why women stay? None of this applys to her. She was not the victim. She was told its over. Thats why hes dead. Dont forget that Jodi referred to battered women as "things". To continue to try and play it off she said she turned into one of those "things". She is a psyco, stalking,crazy ***** who belongs on death row. She belongs in isolation so she can once again retreat into JODI WORLD.

There would have to be some new, really compelling evidence to make the jurors really believe Jodi was abused at this point, doncha think?

Yes, somewhere around the time they heard she routinely treated her own mother like crap and kicked her. Not likely this girl would ever be bullied IMO.

She did not just list her credentials. She went into a personal story (her children) on each one - that is ABOVE and BEYOND credentials.

Her credentials seem a little light really. She got a Masters and took the clinical exam after 2 years of supervision...the rest seems to be her ability to be in the right place at the right time to fill a certain niche that was lacking 30 years ago. I know she has endless opinions, but she's not convincing imo. I'd like to know more about the therapy she practices and how she designs the groups, etc. Seems very emotion based as well. Hope the jury isn't snowed by her.

What an improvement over Dr. <mod snip>! Her courtroom experience is rather limited - 15 cases for the defense, 9 for the prosecution. The Arias case will definitely be a feather in her cap! There's only one glaring problem here: the victim in this case is deceased - murdered in cold blood by the psychopath Dr. V. mistakenly believes was a 'battered woman'! Oh dear, this could get ugly!

Has the jury seen the videos of Jodi standing on her head, going through the trash can, singing about her memory, and telling herself she should have put on make-up?

She's accepting money to help free an admitted murderer. It doesn't get much worse than that imo. She's not there to be objective or give a fair assessment...if she were, I'd listen with an open mind.
I don't think she signed on to free Jodi. Originally she was subpoenaed as a mitigation witness. It took many hours and hearings before she was switched. I wish we could see what went on in those evidentiary hearings that happened between 2008 and 2013.

Whether anyone here likes her or not, she is being paid by team Jodi and she is going to trash Travis and bash men. People wo are that one dimensional get zero respect from me and the male jurors will hate that too.

Yes, both sides pay their professional witnesses. But it just so happens that this time we have a killer who confessed to the crime of stabbing a man 29 times, shooting him in the head nd slicing his throat. This one is easy. She is being paid by the WRONG side.

They talk about why women stay? None of this applys to her. She was not the victim. She was told its over. Thats why hes dead. Dont forget that Jodi referred to battered women as "things". To continue to try and play it off she said she turned into one of those "things". She is a psyco, stalking,crazy ***** who belongs on death row. She belongs in isolation so she can once again retreat into JODI WORLD.

Well, not to mention SHE DIDN'T STAY! She moved away, over 1000 miles. And Travis let her go! That aspect will be demolished. They weren't married and they didn't live together, and she is the one who moved closer to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps