trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing the judge could use which I dont see her using often is the striking of statements. The judge could have easily had those comments stricken from the record. Just another example of the judge not doing a good job IMO.

Someone has to move to strike the comments before the judge will strike them on her own. I rarely hear either side request this. Probably because thye realize is does not good because it can't unring the bell.

I agree. When I saw her testifying, I only caught a snippet and did not realize that she was a defense witness - I thought she was a prosecution witness! (Thanks for the video link, I did not know her name and had been Googling trying to find her).

When it was time for jurors questions, she was asked if she ever called Arias a stalker. She replied, “Yes.” (So much for helping the defense)

Also, during the questioning, Juan showed a picture of Travis with his throat slit. Jodi's expression did not change for several seconds. It was the witness, Lisa Daidone, who started to cry and, when Jodi saw tat others in the courtroom were crying, pretended to cry herself. Again, that was far more powerful for the prosecution than for the defense.

Finally, JM treated her well and she replied with a simple yes or no. There was none of the "harsh" treatment for which JM has been criticized.

When Lisa Daidone was on the stand I so wished it would have worked out between she and Travis. She impressed me as a very level-headed young lady who would be a wonderful wife and mother.

On a funny note, I loved, loved when JM was asking Dr. <modsnip> about the fact that Jodi didn't have a meteor in her head, that you couldn't see a big hole, etc. JM has a great dry sense of humor which I adore.

Isn't the idea of abuse and honeymoon cycle pretty much at the core of domestic abuse? One person is an abuser, is abusive and then starts the honeymoon phase of trying to woe the abused back. The abused forgives, goes back during the honeymoon phase, that wears off, then there is abuse ... and so the cycle repeats itself. If Travis didn't call Jodi and wasn't expecting her, if there was no honeymoon phase, why would she go back?

Because she wasn';t abused?

JMO, but if anyone believes that she was trying to avoid the event they're looney. In my opinion avoiding PTSD is not thinking about the trauma at all, it just comes back due to certain triggers. Like a soldier hearing a car backfire or a balloon burst

Good Evening: What exactly do you mean by the BBM portion? TIA

My understanding (which is very "personal experience" and not professional at all) is that PTSD is a result of avoiding dealing with a very traumatic event. Has nothing to do with whether or not someone "thinks" about it.

I lived most my life in a war zone. It was pretty common knowledge that if you were involved in a bombing or caught in fire (bullet fire), or witnessed (or were close to) an event where there was a lot of blood, gore or death, that you needed to go to the hospital and meet with a psychologist. Preferably within the first week of it happening. This was to avoid developing PTSD or extreme anxiety.

I don't understand PTSD very well - but I do know that we were always told that if you didn't discuss the event right away, you could develop serious emotional problems.

If someone here is trained as a psychologist - be great to have more light shed on this... ?

As testified in court today, JA was not avoiding the "event", MURDER, of Travis. She wrote about Travis in her journal, she sent flowers to his Grandmother, she went to his memorial, she lied to officers, she talked about their children playing together (even though she knew he was dead), she left voicemail messages to Travis, she sent emails to Travis...all while knowing SHE killed him. The expert said in testimony, JA's PTSD was diagnosed by a certain factors, one being that she/JA avoided the Travis's death. Just not so.

Hope that helps and makes sense.

Sorry, AngelWings444 - That question was for someone else - You responded before I was able to amend it.

Jodi had blonde hair when she rented the car. When did she die it?

They say Salina. You can kind of see that her hair looks really light brown in her interrogation vids. At least on the top, I noticed it was really light.

Isn't the idea of abuse and honeymoon cycle pretty much at the core of domestic abuse? One person is an abuser, is abusive and then starts the honeymoon phase of trying to woe the abused back. The abused forgives, goes back during the honeymoon phase, that wears off, then there is abuse ... and so the cycle repeats itself. If Travis didn't call Jodi and wasn't expecting her, if there was no honeymoon phase, why would she go back?

And it's not even what she is saying. She is saying why do women STAY. Stay where? They didn't live together and besides that, she didn't stay. She decided to move away and did and that was that until she went on her murder trip. This does not bode well, but not for the state, for the defense. There was no cycle of abuse.

Im soooooooooooo SICK of this prosecuter and this whole case actually ..This guy is gonna have a retirement home right beside the Casey Anthony prosecuters house when this is over . There's no dought she did it but it's the prosecuter's blowing all these cases . The defense isn't winning it for her thier just staying quiet and letting this moron rammble on forever and ever im tellin ya right now he's blowen this case . There will be fist fight's in the dam jury room.This trial and prosecuter is a JOKE....

lord knows I'm no fan of his, but egads, the yelling today was just wth? I had to turn off my audio completely. I seriously don't know what his major malfunction is. He gets himself so worked up over his own word games that he loses his train of thought constantly. Literally spluttering. Terrible. The defense team isn't that great either, but at least they're not screaming their incompetence at the top of their lungs...oy veh. jmo

Dr. R. Samuels also stated that JA developed an "alternate reality" (now there's an oximoron for you) to suppress the trauma of the event. My question to the good doctor would be why would she create an alternative reality to suppress something she has no memory of?

lord knows I'm no fan of his, but egads, the yelling today was just wth? I had to turn off my audio completely. I seriously don't know what his major malfunction is. He gets himself so worked up over his own word games that he loses his train of thought constantly. Literally spluttering. Terrible. The defense team isn't that great either, but at least they're not screaming their incompetence at the top of their lungs...oy veh. jmo

Big picture.

BBM

Seriously. They need to stop putting her on these shows. Every time I hear her I think of Nasim Pedrad's (from SNL) imitation of Arianna Huffington.

:floorlaugh: I was thinking the same thing except I watch The Cleveland Show and Arianna Huffington is the voice of Arianna the elegant-sounding bear, wife of Tim, the bear. So whenever the "intuitive" woman speaks, I picture a large bear with lipstick, a dress, a pearl bracelet, and well-manicured claws.

I assume you are referring to Juan Martinez the Prosecutor in this case, correct? If I am correct, JM is hitting all his marks - Would you want some little wimp standing up for one of your family members if they had been sliced and slashed and stalked by the defendant?

It DID come out with Mimi's testimony; inadvertently...But the State has not entered any of it into evidence which leads one to believe they they were not allowed to do so.

jmo

What do you mean "not entered any of it?" Whatever is allowed in court is evidence. And JM was the one questioning her when she said this stuff (she mentions the tire slashing, threatening emails and doggie door). He asked her directly to talk about it.

And it's not even what she is saying. She is saying why do women STAY. Stay where? They didn't live together and besides that, she didn't stay. She decided to move away and did and that was that until she went on her murder trip. This does not bode well, but not for the state, for the defense. There was no cycle of abuse.

No cycle of abuse, never a honeymoon phase, and had she "stayed", Travis would be alive and she would have stayed home. They never lived together, did they? Wasn't she just his loose woman on the side until he found a good woman to marry?

Laviolette is not coming off well so far imo. She has some weird tics, looks so nervous.

What do you mean "not entered any of it?" Whatever is allowed in court is evidence. And JM was the one questioning her when she said this stuff (she mentions the tire slashing, threatening emails and doggie door).

Right. She just never attributed it to Jodi. If she doesn't she can talk about it. Like Lisa Daidone talking about her door opening in the middle of the night and no one being there.

Could someone get me up to speed? When did Nurmi want to leave the case and was it because he thought they couldn't win? He sure looks like he wishes he wasn't there now.

Do we know what type cards were sent? I've missed it.

Were they business cards or I'm swwry Nurmi has to move on sweetie?

I'm curious. He's already lost my vote long, long ago with his obstinate evaluation.

From what I could tell, he sent her a generic card, kind of a "hope you are feeling better" type b/c JA was sad Nurmi was planning on leaving. It seems two cards were sent but I haven't heard much about the other one. The jurors are not suppose to know Nurmi wanted out to start his own private practice.

I also want this expert to admit that many people/couples/partners have fantasies (some include 'non-consent') but are engaged in with CONSENT of both/all parties - and that this is NOT abnormal or indicative of ANYTHING. Period.

Engaging in tying one's partner's wrists with soft rope does NOT indicate that one is a rapist. Even SAYING the word does not indicate that one is a rapist. Costume, even 'pain' within the sexual experience of consenting adults IS NOT DEVIANT. Until or unless a partner says NO, and JA already testified that she was never at risk, and Travis ALWAYS stopped if she was uncomfortable, physically or otherwise - in any way. There is no abuse here except on the part of JA abusing Travis.

Excellent point. Fantasies are a part of the sex lives of most people. To prattle on about this fantasy or that one being deviant is akin to accusing someone of thought crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562