trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One was named Calvin and she couldn't remember the names of the other men. I wish she would of said one was named Klein.

Are you serious?? She did not know the names of the men that were going on this camping trip??

Maybe they did not know she was going either. She seems to like just showing up--with a gun and a few knives!

I am sure JM will bring this into the abuse cross. How would you even explain that--I mean even for Jodie??

Jm has to question this witness minus the yelling/high tone/aggressive questioning. also give her time to reply and not jump in too fast. or the jury will not like a guy yelling at a woman.

Maybe, but it will depend upon her demeanor and how she reacts to him. I think that is why he yells and it is out of frustration if he gets stupid answers. Plus he yelled at JA. jmo

I imagine you might be right about that. I think if you do that kind of work and day in, day out for 30+ years 99% of what you hear is a male abusing a female, it would have to skew your feelings towards males in general.
Our walk-in center served all genders. Although we were considered by our funders to be rural, the violence in our community exceeded the urban groups on a per capita basis. Part of this had historical foundation stemming from the government's 1954 decision to declare the Klamath Tribes sovereignty null and confiscate the reservation (very involved story). But another part had to do with I will call "the westerners" way of life (don't go crazy on me, it's my opinion based on my definition).

Anyway, as it turned out we saw 85% heterosexual females, 8% heterosexual males, and 7% same sex partners. Neither I, nor any of my staff, hated men. I, myself, had 2 sons, and the most of us were married. Several of my best Board of Directors and volunteers were men. One of the most outstanding volunteers (who was awarded recognition by the United Way) was a male probation officer.

So, if I get my feelings hurt by some of what I'm reading (and probably will be reading), and I say something you feel is a reaction to that emotion, please let me know.

I put myself on an extended sabbatical several years ago not because I was burned out by the clients, but because I was burned out by what I saw happening to victims' rights when large grants started controlling the services being offered. And I must admit that I felt a good deal of culpability (another long story for some other time).

I hope justice for Travis and his survivors will stay foremost in everyone's heart.

JA is so full of sh@!, she is lying in that "I kicked a dog once" snip. OMG, she is thinking up the story (lies) while she pauses before she says "that I can remember". Watch how dramatic and - quickly - she goes into "I kicked a dog once".

She had to take time to remember the dog kicking story, then tells Det. Flores that "it changed my world as far as the treatment of animals". BS BS BS

C'mon verdict! MHO

Arias' dramatic "that I can remember ... OOHH (grabs head) I kicked a dog once."

I"m not sure if in that brief "OOHH" moment, Arias is recalling butchering Travis Alexander. She was probably "seeing" Travis Alexander's dog - then she says, "I kicked a dog once - I was in high school," then gives strange details about the story (including explaining how diapers are when they are wet).

I wish that we could see more of the video - more of Arias' expression when Flores says, "you need to apologize to Travis Alexander."

I also think that Arias thought by telling Flores that she kicked a dog, the dog ran away, this experience changed her world forever, she needs to apologize to the dog - that Flores would say, "Oh Gosh My Golly, Jodi, You could have never butchered Travis Alexander. How could you when you have carried such a burden around for years - longing to find Doggy Boy so that you could apologize to him for barely kicking him - You have such guilt over causing no harm to a dog, Doggy Boy didn't even yelp - or anything! - A person that reacts this way to "Doggy Boy" could not harm a human being - Duh, Jodi, I'm just getting it!"

Agreed, I think we need an expert to testify why men should not trust, yikes. Does anyone recall if a name or names of people involved in this camping trip plan were mentioned? I wonder if it's true or merely a story to cover up a recent weapon purchase?

I wondered about that also. Does anyone know if she had knives also. I know the gun has been established as a fact, but I hought I heard/read about a lot of knives. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove