trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I kind of like this expert, but I'm biased because we're both from Long Beach, CA. I'm keeping my hopes up that she has some integrity and will be truthful even if it doesn't help lil miss arias.

I don't appreciate terms like "Patriarchal Terrorism" as if all the problems in our society are due to men "ruling" or making all the decisions. It's a tired concept. It's insulting, too.

There is a huge patriarchal movement in this country where men use religion to control and abuse their wives. Google it. It's practically a cult. Think Warren Jeffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally able to tune in. Hubby is home and stole my computer. Jodi has her sweet school girl hair style going on. My 7 yr old wanted her hair like that today except my little girl also has a ribbon.

Just checking in. It doesn't look like I missed anything important.
My son has to check into the hospital after school for a biopsy tomorrow morning. The x-rays show that it looks like a bone tumor on his arm. I am scared to death. Wish us luck.

Sending prayers to you and your son. :grouphug:

I'm wondering now if she's ever going to talk about Arias and Travis specifically, or just generally.

thats not what im saying....
she said if there is enough evidence or whatever she will take a case, but if not, she will not take it.

so whatever info she was given by the DT, she felt it was enough that she took up this case.
Interesting. IMO, there's no evidence whatsoever that Jodi was ever abused. By anyone. Ever. Perhaps this expert is so entrenched in her Patriarchal Terrorism model that she no longer can discern a liar like Jodi.

No way she has enough info to accurately apply this random continuum to TA and JA. Hope Juan points out that anything Laviolette knows is based on JA's lies

I don't mind her either.

Juan will flip her like a pancake as everything she says also defies the defense theory.

Everything she is talking about is very broad. JM will be able to get more definitive and bring in things that make JA part of the 'abuser' theory. She hasn't even spoken about what baggage partners bring in to the relationship that either magnifies or doesn't magnify certain behaviors.

I think she will be able to handle herself, she doesn't strike me as someone who will get all flustered, but you never know.

Yes! So she made up a worksheet...but has it been reviewed by anyone? Like a peer review? What's this based on? This could be really misleading.
That's my issue really. I don't consider a mutually unhealthy or toxic relationship anywhere near an abusive one and her continuum includes toxicity to physical battering - without the very clear patterning of abusive relationships that toxic relationships are precluded from.

JMO though.

Is it just me or is anyone else keeping an eye on the 5 golf pencils and tiny eraser on the defenses table?

We need to appoint a pencil monitor each day. Today is your day, Troubled. :seeya:

Juan looks like he is ready to tear her apart. Remember these two have battled before. This woman is very stern on her stances, whatever they are and Juan is stern about no B.S. and no nonsense. So having to sit there and listen to her rattle off for God knows how long is just plain irritating.

He very well could be irritated about this whole blue ribbons thing too which I don't blame him.

I just feel bad for Martinez who knows he is going to have to put his hip waders on and trudge through this testimony but has to wait foreverrrrr to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member