trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is she saying that TA moving on from Jodi is why she went nutso on him?

Is she likening Travis's calling JA names with abuse? I can't buy that because first, he was very provoked. Second, we aren't privy to a lot of things she said. There are two sides to every story. And, of course, she is talking about families that are invested in each other, perhaps with children, and are motivated to working through things. JA and Travis were never a family in any sense and had no reason to try to resolve their issues, especially Travis. There were no ties there, not domestically or emotionally. It was basically a physical relationship, particularly in the end. JA was free to leave at any time and ultimately did. When she talked about how scared she was of Travis when he got upset with her over the phone she was free to change her phone number and cut all ties with no repercussions. She was so scared of Travis that she got in her car and drove for hours to have sex with a man who terrorized her? She was so scared of him that she confronted him, shot him, stabbed him and slit his throat? He posed no threat to her whatsoever to her. She had options before she even drove to AZ to see him. She was clearly the one that wanted to continue the relationship. Travis was over it and told her so and she couldn't accept it. In a typical abuse situation it is the abuser who can't let go. That is the case here, too.

Look at Jodi's face--she thinks this witness is going to help her. Juan will decimate her.

This is really hard to listen to. What she is saying makes sense and everything but not as it applies to this case. my stomach is in knots just knowing where this is all going. I feel so bad for Travis family knowing this woman is going to try "validate" the garbage lies JA has been saying. Maybe this woman should of read TA blog and see what an inspiring person he was and was being abused by JA.

I so hope Juan has the very brief timeline of this relationship up on the board ..as a hypothetical, of course. The time they were "official " was while they were 1000 miles apart, for cripes sake. These abuse timelines do NOT fit this relationship!

ALV seems caring and sincere. Unfortunately, I don't think she knows all of the details about Jodi and Travis' relationship and is basing her "diagnosis" on predjudicial information that was provided by the defense.

This is gonna be such an easy flip not only is the pan Teflon and the spatula Teflon but the pancake itself is coated with Teflon.

I thought they were purple? A friend of mine passed away from DV abuse and everyone wore purple ribbons for a very long time.

Mine are all purple too....same with the candles.....

Not picking on you. Just pointing out that not all Christian families have controlling Patriarchs. In my family us Matriarchs just let dad think he is charge

Are you either a fundamentalist or quiverful?

I did say not all and was speaking specifically of particular belief systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I have to forgive this witness a little - I mean the defense is only telling her what they want her to know about Jodi, portraying her as the victim here. This witness is NOT aware of everything bad that Jodi did prior to killing Travis, and I doubt she's listened to all the testimony thus far. She's only going on what they've told her, which would make anyone side with Jodi - just wait until she hears everything else from Juan. I have a feeling she may change her tune a little.

Likely, JA was given many of her "storyboard" ideas of Travis's "abusive" behavior after hearing ALV's leading questions during their interview--i.e. "Did Travis ever hit or punch things, like a wall?" "Well, yes, he did punch the door frame once...and, um, then he banged his head against the wall upstairs...does that count?" Isn't it interesting that both times Travis allegedly hit inanimate objects happened during the same incident in August 2007?

Juan is going to be able to get her to admit the things Jodi did were abuse, peeping in windows, confronting ex's, reading emails and accessing online accounts etc etc etc ...

How can the DT argue that Travis was abusive even though he was the one that distanced himself from her/told her she was a sociopath/didn't want to see her anymore.. I don't get it..

This case really boils down to "her word against a non-speaking dead person"

her=lying liar who lies

If this testimony burbs up foul smelling memories just remember the angels on this board will love you always!!!! If you need some of that love right now to help get rid of that smell just say
^j^ ^j^ :rose: :rose: :rose: ^j^ ^j^

(((((((((( hugs to all those victims of Domestic violence ))))))))))))))

Who are these 'people' the witness is talking about? She needs to get with the program & either directly testify about Jodi or get off the stand.

I can't take this nonsense, on and on and on. Here we go again. 35 years experience etc......l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams