Status
Not open for further replies.
So lets see at this point we have an Abuser as one who:

1-Isolates their victims from friends and family--------x for Jodie
2-abuses animals------------------------------------xfor Jodie
3 threatens suicide as a tool for control--------------x for Jodie
4-Retaliation for time given to others-----------------x for Jodie
5-intrusive knowledge of personal communications----x for Jodie

.....and Oh Yea, physical abuse to the tune of 28 STAB WOUNDS, BULLET TO THE HEAD AND A SLASHED THROAT! I know I missed more, but I would say that Mr. M has a good start on cross.:jail:

I like this witness, and she definitely knows what she's talking about in terms of all the various forms of abuse. I am really eager to hear how she relates this to Travis and Jodi. I would be surprised if she makes a flat out conclusion that Travis was an abuser -- maybe she'll couch it as Travis having more power in the relationship and Jodi's perception. A lot of what she will be relying on will be what Jodi has relayed to her, but there are other pieces of evidence besides Jodi's word that she can point to as well.

For example, Travis not wanting Jodi to spend time at Rachel's, Travis joking about why Jodi would want to spend time with her family, telling her not to write things in her journal, the names Travis called her and ultimately telling her she's the worst thing that ever happened to her, Travis getting mad at her for hanging out with John "*advertiser censored*" because he was not in the church, etc. Those are all things that can be found in her journals or in the text messages between Travis and Jodi.

And I hate to say it, but those behaviors of Travis' are unhealthy behaviors and are not appropriate in a romantic relationship. Obviously, the healthy thing to do would be for Travis to leave the relationship if he was unhappy with Jodi's behaviors. Travis did have more power in the relationship, but that does not mean he was abusive -- especially in this situation because Jodi was constantly doing the passive aggressive stuff to hurt Travis and sabotage his life.

I'm not particularly worried because there are so many behaviors of Jodi's that Juan can ask her about that clearly fall within her continuum. And besides that, there's nothing that remotely would cause Jodi to fear for her life when she murdered Travis.

I don't understand how you can have someone testify who does not have all the facts. Or does she? I disagree that Travis had the power in the relationship. I think he was a very nice guy and therefore didn't speak up and break it off long before he did. Do the experts speak to people that knew him? Or Jodi? Travis liked having sex, Jodi gave him sex. End of story. imo

Notice the box of tissues.... They are probably going to turn on the waterworks later and start the dramatic faking crying :boohoo::boohoo: since all they have been doing is giggling and snickering. They need to make it look good for the last expert!

The box of tissues has been there since the beginning. I don't recall JA's family ever having to use them..maybe for gum or something, certainly not for crying.

Just my own observations.

If someone has the energy, please tell me briefly about JA's mom. What was it about Jodi abusing her or something...I didn't really get the story on that.

Hi Leebee52! As best I recall, JM & Doc were tugging & pulling at ea other on the stand when JM asked "isn't it true that" since she was a teenager, JA has treated her mother like "crap." Doc squirmed....."yes." Then JM asked if it was true JA hit her mother..."yes." Then, he asked if it's true JA kicked Sandy, her mother during a meal once for no reason..."yes."

I'm thinking we're only seeing the tip of the sicko ice burg that is JA.

Me too! I'm so sorry!

And prayers and thoughts to you all from here too.

And also I saw a post from someone saying their son (I think!) was having a biopsy on a tumor. Sorry if I got any of the details wrong. I tried to find your post again but am thinking of you all too

I have come to the conclusion based on many observations, that things are not as they may seem in the Jodi's Mom/Aunt camp. Now I really gots to go get something done on the lunch break!

Interesting.... like what things have you observed?

I have a question and am not sure where to put it. I will ask here and maybe you can direct me to the right thread. I was thinking of the little boys underwear that Travis made Jodi wear. I keep thinking about Cameron Diaz in the boy underwear when she was in Charlies Angels. I am sure alot of men thought that was sexy, but has that ever been discussed as that is why he wanted her to wear them, if he ever did. I do not believe much of what she says. I have a hard time believing her saying Travis was masterbating to young boys pictures when none were found in his house or computer. Thanks.

Just guessin" here but I think it was JA that wanted to wear the little boys underwear! I also think she was the one directing that phone sex. She is one big sick-o in MOO.

LOL, you can almost see the cogs turning in his mind.

JW will be foot stomping, begging for side bars, tons of speaking objections and huffing big time once JM gets up there.

It should be fun to watch since she did this to herself and her murdering client.

JM has only objected twice by my count. I see him just sitting back and listening to her testify for him and loving it. :great:

Good evening everyone :seeya:

Going to have to throw a sick day at this rate LOL Just catching up on today's posts. Anything in particular I need to read? TIA xx

I'll bet JA didn't just kick animals around. I'll bet when no one was looking she would pinch, hit, kick her siblings too.

Hey you know that story the babysitter mentioned about Jodi cracking her brother over the head with a baseball bat when he was 5? Does it strike you as odd that her siblings even had a babysitter since Jodi was old enough to take on that role? There's a reason for that!

Also I think the Aunt is wearing the ribbon in support of Jodi as an abuse victim in front of this witness ... Mom and Aunt not to bright IMO.

I like this witness, and she definitely knows what she's talking about in terms of all the various forms of abuse. I am really eager to hear how she relates this to Travis and Jodi. I would be surprised if she makes a flat out conclusion that Travis was an abuser -- maybe she'll couch it as Travis having more power in the relationship and Jodi's perception. A lot of what she will be relying on will be what Jodi has relayed to her, but there are other pieces of evidence besides Jodi's word that she can point to as well.

For example, Travis not wanting Jodi to spend time at Rachel's, Travis joking about why Jodi would want to spend time with her family, telling her not to write things in her journal, the names Travis called her and ultimately telling her she's the worst thing that ever happened to her, Travis getting mad at her for hanging out with John "*advertiser censored*" because he was not in the church, etc. Those are all things that can be found in her journals or in the text messages between Travis and Jodi.

And I hate to say it, but those behaviors of Travis' are unhealthy behaviors and are not appropriate in a romantic relationship. Obviously, the healthy thing to do would be for Travis to leave the relationship if he was unhappy with Jodi's behaviors. Travis did have more power in the relationship, but that does not mean he was abusive -- especially in this situation because Jodi was constantly doing the passive aggressive stuff to hurt Travis and sabotage his life.

I'm not particularly worried because there are so many behaviors of Jodi's that Juan can ask her about that clearly fall within her continuum. And besides that, there's nothing that remotely would cause Jodi to fear for her life when she murdered Travis.

... and that's what this trial is all about, once you remove the defence smoke screens called Samuels and LaViolette.

Agree ... Which is worrisome to me.
After ALV is done with her generalization testimony ...
Willmott will someway twist this around to attempt to portray JA as victim.

I don't know how Willmott will be able to do this - but somehow she will try.

This expert seems quite intelligent and knowledgeable in her field - can't see her allowing her words to be twisted to fit the defense storyline. (like Samuels shoving his square peg in a round hole bulldog testimony)
She's not an obvious 'say whatever to make a diagnosis fit whatever storyline Willmott wants' witness. (so far, in my opinion)

But something will change ...
Otherwise this would be a prosecution expert based on what she's said so far.

Worrisome.

This feels almost like a mistake! Are they going to throw a curve and this is the lead up? I thought this was to be the DT's star witness? WTF?

What imbalance of power..??

Travis never even hurt Jodi in self defense when she brutally attacked him! (though you could argue that he was incapacitated, but really, a former wrestler who is larger than Arias could have hurt her if he wanted to.)

It's nuts..

Cheap, desperate booty calls usually aren't in the power seat.

Until they show up with a gun and a knife

Any predictions on how much longer this trial will last?

I think middle to end of April. I'm thinking this week will be taken up with ALV. Thursday is a short day, so maybe even into next week. No court on Monday. They still have to get through direct, then cross, jury questions, follow-up. Then if the defense has any other witnesses. Rebuttal, surrebuttal, closings, etc... Seems like forever away!

I'll bet JA didn't just kick animals around. I'll bet when no one was looking she would pinch, hit, kick her siblings too.

Her childhood babysitter was on Dr. Drew the other night and said Jodi was a bully to her younger siblings.

Abusers could take your car keys or dismantle your car. That part is very true.
But in this case, Travis lent Jodi his car and also sold his car to her without any money down. Jodi hasn't described any situation that I can think of where she wasn't allowed to leave.

Jodi's daddy took her car keys and dismantled it so she couldn't sneak out. Does that make him guilty along with banging her head in a door? I wonder if mom is going to threw herself under the bus as an abused wife?and Jodi was just acting out what she saw?
Poor Jodi always the victim,blame everyone and trash their reputation,stalk, call or text, hack into his personal accounts,instigated sex and controlled it,then you kill him and it's Travis's fault, and you're the freeking abuser.

I didn't know that, I just had two small grandchildren diagnosed with epilepsy. And just got a call from my daughter, My granddaughter is on life support. The dr's are giving her 20% survival.

Reading here to keep my mind busy.

Awww Katie, I'm so sorry. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

I believe JA killed that dog when she kicked it. That's why she never saw it again. I'm sure her mother suspected as much too.

Wonder if a kitchen knife was "never seen again" after poor Jodi had to clean up diaper trash that the damn dog tore up from those damn babies who took all the attention away from Jodi?

How is Ms. LV going to explain why JA drove over 1,000 miles to be with this abuser? This is total bullchit!!

Is she even going to get into the specifics of this case, at least to describe/explain/excuse Jodi's actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_a_supervillain