trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn this lady acts like they were living together for years and years and not
the casual dating that they had. BARF!!

Does she even know JA lived 1,000 miles away and drove to TA with a carload full of gas, a gun, and knife with murderous intentions?

Basing this on the knife or gun not being found at the house.

I wonder if she even interviewed JA?

MOO

Mel

I like this witness, and she definitely knows what she's talking about in terms of all the various forms of abuse. I am really eager to hear how she relates this to Travis and Jodi. I would be surprised if she makes a flat out conclusion that Travis was an abuser -- maybe she'll couch it as Travis having more power in the relationship and Jodi's perception. A lot of what she will be relying on will be what Jodi has relayed to her, but there are other pieces of evidence besides Jodi's word that she can point to as well.

For example, Travis not wanting Jodi to spend time at Rachel's, Travis joking about why Jodi would want to spend time with her family, telling her not to write things in her journal, the names Travis called her and ultimately telling her she's the worst thing that ever happened to her, Travis getting mad at her for hanging out with John "*advertiser censored*" because he was not in the church, etc. Those are all things that can be found in her journals or in the text messages between Travis and Jodi.

And I hate to say it, but those behaviors of Travis' are unhealthy behaviors and are not appropriate in a romantic relationship. Obviously, the healthy thing to do would be for Travis to leave the relationship if he was unhappy with Jodi's behaviors. Travis did have more power in the relationship, but that does not mean he was abusive -- especially in this situation because Jodi was constantly doing the passive aggressive stuff to hurt Travis and sabotage his life.

I'm not particularly worried because there are so many behaviors of Jodi's that Juan can ask her about that clearly fall within her continuum. And besides that, there's nothing that remotely would cause Jodi to fear for her life when she murdered Travis.

could you tell me if there are texts which prove these things? or is this stuff just coming from the defendant? did he ever text something bad about her spending time with rachel? about her family? telling her not to write negative things in her journal?

if so, i missed it. not saying it's not out there---but i've never read that. only heard it from her.

Had to puck up my baby from the ER vet. What did I miss since part 2 started?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. still?

Jodi wasn't a real Mormon either, and she gave it up as soon as she dropped the Ninja story.

She found a new guy a day or two after she murdered TA. She wasn't powerless or without supports.

She had sexual relations or whatever with men all along the California coast on her way to the killing & got money, gas cans & possibly a herpes coldsore--she had her marks and johns/tricks for supplies. <mod snip>

Yawn. What is the flipping point of this nonsense? Am I watching a self help conference or a murder trial?

JM must be making a long list of doors being opened to be able to cross.

I don't understand why we have to waste time like this. Just get to the point.

JMHO
fran

This is like watching a free lecture series...if it were not for the fact that the Defendent slaughtered Travis. How can his family still be sitting there? They are so strong. Still more anectdotal stuff...other than describing JA perfectly, where ar the specifics of her relationship.

It's not free to the people of AZ. It's costing them $300/hr! :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member