trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear and hope keep people stuck. As if they are always completely powerless I guess. Way to maintain the victim mindset.

JA probably called everyday with Travis an anniversary worth celebrating.

Jodi comforting herself (hand on cheek) and making sure that everyone can see her bent finger. :rolleyes:

I like this witness, and she definitely knows what she's talking about in terms of all the various forms of abuse. I am really eager to hear how she relates this to Travis and Jodi. I would be surprised if she makes a flat out conclusion that Travis was an abuser -- maybe she'll couch it as Travis having more power in the relationship and Jodi's perception. A lot of what she will be relying on will be what Jodi has relayed to her, but there are other pieces of evidence besides Jodi's word that she can point to as well.

For example, Travis not wanting Jodi to spend time at Rachel's, Travis joking about why Jodi would want to spend time with her family, telling her not to write things in her journal, the names Travis called her and ultimately telling her she's the worst thing that ever happened to her, Travis getting mad at her for hanging out with John "*advertiser censored*" because he was not in the church, etc. Those are all things that can be found in her journals or in the text messages between Travis and Jodi.

And I hate to say it, but those behaviors of Travis' are unhealthy behaviors and are not appropriate in a romantic relationship. Obviously, the healthy thing to do would be for Travis to leave the relationship if he was unhappy with Jodi's behaviors. Travis did have more power in the relationship, but that does not mean he was abusive -- especially in this situation because Jodi was constantly doing the passive aggressive stuff to hurt Travis and sabotage his life.

I'm not particularly worried because there are so many behaviors of Jodi's that Juan can ask her about that clearly fall within her continuum. And besides that, there's nothing that remotely would cause Jodi to fear for her life when she murdered Travis.

Damn this lady acts like they were living together for years and years and not
the casual dating that they had. BARF!!

I think there is no doubt that JA and TA had an unhealthy relationship ... even tumultuous at times. But there is absolutely NO evidence that he physically abused/threatened her. None of this testimony matters.

How many holidays did JA and TA celebrate as a couple? How many family gatherings did JA and TA have together?

They dated for 5 months ~ and she was a Stage 4 cling on, TA started to notice this and wanted to end their relationship. End of story.

.......you said cling on......:rocker:

Arg- where is the evidence that anyone slapped anyone (other than lies by one person)?

Where's the No Skanks disclaimer?

Wake up sleepy emu!

napping. btw, Steely asked someone to put the post #s of the summaries in the tag section for him. I don't know anything about tag section so hopefully someone is going to handle it for him

WHO is the one who provides JA with her matching Wilmott outfits? Do they discuss it in advance? Like does Wilmott give the alert in advance what she's going to wear or what?

I have seen photos of Wilmott and Nurmi coming to court and Wilmott has a clothes bag over her arm. If it is her, it is a silly and juvenile idea.

Wouldn't LEAVE? As in, living in the same house? Or city? Or STATE?!?

She doesn't seem to be testifying. Sounds more like one of her speaking engagements. :twocents:

That was a very long pause between woman ....... or a man to leave.

I want to know how many LONG DISTANCE "abusive" relationships ALV knows about. Do other women really drive for hours to get to an abuser? When they aren't even married or have children????

Has there been any evidence that Travis felt he loved Jodi? I joined the trial relatively late, so I may have missed a text, e.mail, phone conversation in which he may have said as much.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member