trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The victim"?

Oh JW I am sooooo offended. JA is not a "victim" of domestic violence. GMAFB

None of this relates to Jodi so far. So Travis called her names-big deal. Didn't give her any right to slaughter him like she did.

This is so ridiculous since not only was Jodi a predator but they weren't even together long enough to experience the stages AL is describing..... I can't wait till JM gets to use a highlighter on all of Jodi's traits from the 5 columns.

Why would JA experience the "clash"---i.e., believe she should have stuck with Travis through thick and thin? The only reason is because she is a stalker!

How many holidays did JA and TA celebrate as a couple? How many family gatherings did JA and TA have together?

They dated for 5 months ~ and she was a Stage 4 cling on, TA started to notice this and wanted to end their relationship. End of story.

what's that even mean anyway? 'official'?

did he give her his letter jacket?

In Jodi's world, "official" meant that she alone possessed Travis and that he wouldn't even think about dating someone else. I cringed every time that Jodi talked about the relationship being "official" - it sounded like middle school boy-girl stuff, very juvenile.

I am trying to listen and I am getting confused.

Has this woman never talked to Jodi?? FIVE MONTHS doc. And not even 5 months of living together!!!!

That's a really good point. ALV keeps talking about a mindset engendered by YEARS of DV/abuse/control.

Lordy, I saw JA attempting to wipe away a tear.

I don't see what any of this has to do with their relationship. At all. If she was physically abused, she would have gone to the ER immediately, shouted it from the rooftops, because that is the type of person she is. She's not a demure, shrinking violet.

Jodi and Travis weren't in a domestic relationship. They weren't married, were never even engaged. Just because Jodi said that they were "official" doesn't mean that Travis felt the same way about their relationship. At the time of the murder, the pair were no longer dating, and Jodi lived 1000 miles away.

Precisely!

JA was not TA's "partner", as ALV keeps saying. She wasn't his spouse. She wasn't really much of a friend; more of a hanger-on.

If anything, the two were 'ex-es'.

They're counting on the jury making this leap due to the sexual nature of their encounters which were documented by images, recordings, and electronic communications which, sensationally, have been publicized to the point of media ubiquity.

But this is NOT what JA & TA had... they never spent holiday or met family let alone really lived together.. What she crashed on his couch & wouldn't leave? That doesn't count!

Also JAs parents are still together doesn't mean they have great relationship but hell that's rare today!

I agree.

They were mostly friends with benefits and sex partners. Hardly the type of deep emotional connection most couples share, at least in his mind and heart.

JA can never be normal. In her mind she is the victim! Butchering Travis was no big deal. Her being 'abused', now that's tragic!

what's that even mean anyway? 'official'?

did he give her his letter jacket?

ITA. I never got that. What, exactly do you do when you "make it official"? That used to mean YOU GOT MARRIED. I mean, did they call all thier friends (well, Travis's friends, since it appeared Jodi had none of her own). Did they send announcements, or have a party? Bunch of nonsense.

I saw this same look on JA's face when she was on the stand. A look of worry - like I'm about to be sick feeling. Or is she just trying to show off her crooked finger?

MOO

Mel

worried.jpg

Someone please....This isn't therapy so get on with her evaluation of JODI

Even in the most extreme abuse cases, I don't understand how anyone can look at the way Travis was killed and even for one nano-second believe it was done in self-defense. I'm curious if she will be able to give her opinions on that.

This is why this testimony even being allowed, especially if it is only to imply Travis as an abuser since the judge ruled that he can't be mentioned, well...............it is just abuse. JMHO.

breaksmyheart.jpg

Oh, Jodi has the poor me look with her hand on her face.

Yea, she stayed with her abuser because she loved him....

Jodi is believing this stuff!

Oh crape...shes using that voice.....that is the therapist voice.

She believes TA was an abusers. I really think she believes it. :cow:

No!!!!!! FEAR is the biggest reason we stay!!!!! Hope was the last thing I had.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie