trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

The bailiff is now speaking to the judge. We are still waiting for jury. #JodiArias

I really wish the camera would lay off Jodi--I can't stand her facial expressions. She's so reptilian she doesn't know how to fake real human emotion.

I cannot stand the way she is eyeballing his family today!!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

ALV, imo, is a much more intelligent expert than the last one. She obviously knows what she is talking about although it has nothing to do with JA. She was not a victim of DV. ALV is answering hypothetical questions that have been posed to her, and she is very credible in her answers. I really do hope that Juan takes a different approach with her, though, because I would hazard to guess that there is at least one victim of DV on the jury who has bonded with her in a way. There is nothing to gain for the prosecution by alienating any jurors. Juan can dismantle the DT's attempts at painting JA as a victim of DV just as well by cross examining ALV in a less aggressive fashion.
There is an excellent chance there is a survivor on the jury, and like so many here they know who the abuser is.

PLUS there is an good chance someone on the jury is or knows a veteran and finds it highly offensive to have Jodi's "PTSD" compared to what these troops go through.

I think JM may be able to use this lady to prove that Travis was the one who was abused..there are many things that she says that are sympathetic to TA not JA! Hmmmmmm......

The way she defines women as all weakly and victimy, and men as all powerful, what I don't understand is how over half the population is women. We seem to be holding our own despite all these disadvantages.

What about people that do bad things but came from non-abusive homes?

Please explain that Alyce.

I wonder what % of people who come from abusive households become abusers? WAY LESS than 100%.
Also wonder what LaV defines as "abusive" in childhood- being grounded for skipping school? Depending on her definition of "abusive childhood", all of us probably fit in her category. If you look hard enough you can probably find something you can label as "abuse" from everyone's childhood.

ALV didn't SAY that. She said that almost 100% of abusers were, themselves, abused.

I am not sure if I just read JA's lips while talking to Nurmi at the very end of clip where judge says we are at recess but I swear . . . Jodi said something like . . .have you seen this? what is this? to Nurmi . . ..

any lip readers here . . .. hopefully a clip will be up soon to review.

I saw that too....her saying "what's this? what are you doing?"

She just thinks she runs the show doesn't she... I can tell Nurmi is fed up with her behavior. He wanted to leave this case a long time ago didn't he? Now he's stuck with her.

I'm not a Nurmi fan....however, I dig his socks. alot :blushing:

What's happening? Woman approaches Judge with memo, then looked like a bailiff spoke to Judge, too. Now, a 10-minute recess.

Of Mediterranean descent, Semetic and the like.

Really, sickle cell anemia isn't a "racial" illness, because the condition in its heterozygous form (dominant/recessive genes) gives an advantage over contracting Malaria, it's basically more a geographical condition. It's not African Americans who get it, it's people who trace ancestry back to a certain region of Africa.

The problem is, you have people who got both dominant genes, have full blown Sickle Cell and that sucks.

That's true, but that's my point. The whole plot of this story surrounded Quincy confronting the widow because her husband HAD to be black. Nothing in the story about Mediterranean descent. I realize we're talking a TV show here, that isn't going to get into a lot of scientific detail. But people do this all the time. If the vast majority of people do X, then EVERYBODY does X. Doctors are particularly notorious.

We love you Travis!
We have faith in Juan!

Here she is sitting there looking small, petite, abused, sad, depressed, little girl hair, and much the victim. She plays this role so well.

I hate this B I really hate her. I can't take a high road here...it's a raw hate.

I am craving this in a major way and I don't wanna go to the store.......Or some good fudge.

reeses-peanut-butter-400x400.jpg

I am eating p'nut butter/chocolate and carmel/chocolate mini Easter eggs. Want some? :seeya:

I don't smoke but had a cigarette last week. Ok I had 2 ..after court. This trial!!!

Argh! I started quitting in January by taking Chantix. By mid-Feb I was down to 1 0r 2 cigarettes a day. I bought my last pack on Feb 28 and they've been gone for 5 days. TODAY I am climbing the walls craving!! Fortunately/Unfortunately I am stuck in a freaking blizzrad and can't get out to go get any. So I'm chewing my nails off!

Michael Kiefer@michaelbkiefer

After a sidebar, Judge Stephens calls recess for another 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61