trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This testimony is just pointing out how much of a victim TA was! JA was the abuser!

Now I want ALV to talk about abused men!

Grrr...I've missed the last two hours of testimony...unexpected guest stopped over to visit.

What have I missed?

This is where the State's expert will be more relevant. ALV is quoting from so many studies that are really outdated. Some of what she has to say will always remain relevant in terms of power in relationships, but the younger generation and "courting" and "hooking up" are akin to what happened in the sexual revolution for women when they had birth control. We all have a certain degree of bias against individuals who act differently than we would in a relationship, but even for those in my generation....If I like someone and feel a great connection, I am not going to wait for months to get physical. Call me what you will, but I am not going to invest a whole lotta time into someone that I am not sexually compatible with...no way...been there, done that. Besides, the men in my age category are....well, never mind. No need to go there.

My totally lost point is this...I think the State's expert will testify to the changing times of the generations and social media and the fast paced type of "dating" that is not prevalent, and may also bring out some of the shame that Travis was feeling due to the expectations of his religion. ::::shrugs:::: I dunno. Just a thought. I think that having a younger expert will be advantageous. IMVHO

Couldn't agree more. If a person is going to be testifying about DV between 2 people in their 20's she NEEDS to have an understanding of social media norms...and she admitted she is willfully ignorant of 2 of the major ones, facebook and twitter. She chooses to ignore the world around her.

I wonder if JA will be wearing a bullet proof vest tomorrow. I've seen quite a few defendants do that in court! It would serve her right to know how much the majority of the public HATE her.

MOO

Mel

ps: what - no more throwing TA under the bus? Now JW is talking about JA. Interesting...

I wouldn't shed a tear if someone knocked her off. Just leave the defense team out of it.

If I were Nurmi...I'd reek of cinnabons every darn day and purposely breathe on Jodi! I'd make sure she smelled my breath. I'd also skip in every other day with a Starbucks strawberry frap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Yes, this is standard defense trial fare. In every murder trial I've ever watched it was either the victim themselves or (in the case of a child who was murdered) the family who was disparaged in some way as a defense tactic. Really, it's all defense attorneys can do to try and make their murdering client less evil. IF they can make a jury hate the victim then they (think/believe) they can get their client off or at least a lesser conviction. Most of the time it fails. Most people use common sense and most juries follow the instructions and the law to decide their verdicts.

This is such a standard strategy it's not even interesting. All the vitriol and anger is wasted because no one believes this crap and it won't help the murdering monster in the end.

It's not personal. It really isn't. I know it *feels* personal, but it's just typical defense flotsam.

I know you are right but like Vinnie Politan said yesterday on HLN, why isn't this just a search for the truth? that was in response to a defense attorney talking head say , well you know the defense's job is to muck up the waters, confuse the jury, blah, blah, blah and that was Vinnie's response. That is our system but I don't have to like the garbage put forth by the defense. they know it is a bunch of lies so why is that acceptable in a court of law?

It's natural to not believe someone who has lied lied and lied her whole life.

FWIW...not all abusers come from abusive childhoods. This is a joke. I here it brandied about by experts like its true. I know better. I was abused as a child and wouldn't even think of doing that to anyone! And I have four children and eleven grandchildren who would tell you so. I hate it when these so called experts repeat this. Just not true! And criminals use this as a defense all the time! Ugh, so irritating!

BBM

Yeah we always thought my father was the way he was/is actually because as a child he had everything handed to him.. Like Grandma had oven warm cookies & ice cold milk on table when he came in from school..

He was also an only child for a long long time teenager when siblings came along.. Used to getting his way any deviation from that & hell to pay!

I previously posted: "Would someone just shoot me now? I'll pay for your gas to Oregon. I can't take anymore . I'm expecting JW to ask why we sent men to the moon."

I did an update: Hold off on my offer. I just heard there are death threats against the defense team. Let's see how that plays out.

If I were Nurmi...I'd reek of cinnabons every darn day and purposely breathe on Jodi! I'd make sure she smelled my breath. I'd also skip in every other day with a Starbucks strawberry frap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, you just made me picture Nurmi skipping.

Anyone else sick of JW inappropriately smiling and being so darn chipper? Someone mentioned here last week the "bend and snap" from Legally Blonde and I can't stop picturing JW doing that. :)
It's creeping me out. I'm tired of it because it makes me uncomfortable; it's so inappropriate.

I wouldn't shed a tear if someone knocked her off. Just leave the defense team out of it.

No. I want her to be safe and sound till the guilty verdict. Then let her spend the rest of her life on death row.

Is it me or is everyone here going Rabid?

Today's witness has certainly pushed some hot button's. :(

I;m getting the sense from reading comments that it;s not the witness that is pushing buttons, but rather, the sleazy, dirty tactic of blaming a dead victim, one who by ALL accounts except the murderer, was a nice young man.

ALV has been schooling the jury on domestic relationships. Think women's studies from the 80's.

JW has been throwing some "hypothetical" situations at Alyce such as name calling. Alyce was also asked about children who live in unstable homes with drug abusing neglectful parents (hypothetically of course) and how that affects them as they grow up.

That is the line of questioning that JM objected to.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate you answering me!!! Was his objection sustained?

This reminds me of the only time I have been preggers...I miscarried, but at the time I was buying Baskin Robbins cakes for myself, and eating icing out of a can and Little Bitty only weighed 115 at 5'7" at the time. I was sitting there watching some Hallmark movie with my icing and cake and crying and going, "what has happened to me?"

Lol. I can't wait for JM to get his shot. He will fix this.

FWIW - I don't believe her Cinnabon story either! A guy thinking to print off a recipe on pink paper? Why would he have pink printer paper to begin with?

Sorry, just distracted by my own thoughts.

I always thought that story was odd too. He put the Cinnabon on her car? In a bag - with a pink printed out recipe? Oh, and a gift card too!

He may have bought her a Cinnabon, but I believe she glorified her story.

MOO

Mel

Instead of a bullet proof vest, they should bring her into court on a dolly strapped up like Hannibal Lector.

I will wait until later to share my personal story.
This is such BS. :moo::fence::moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member