trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man oh man, this live stream desperately needs a 'Fast Forward' button!

Hmmm, I thought this case was taking place in Arizona! What in the world does California law have to do with this case?

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 28m

LaViolette has given a tutorial about domestic violence. She should get into more specifics about this case soon. #JodiArias

So is she saying JA was justified in killing Travis? If that is not the point then why is it being brought up prior to the verdict? This is more appropriate in the penalty phase.

Why are we citing penal codes about spouses? How is this relevant? There sure was no marriage in this case. And, there was no family. Geesh.

Yep! This is the part explaining why JA never reported the abuse! :rolleyes: She didn't want TA to get in trouble. :rolleyes:

If someone really did make death threats, I hope they are caught and prosecuted to the fullest. Not cool, for anyone!

I believe ALV believes what she is saying, BUT I don't think any of it applies to Jodi and I hope Juan dismisses her.

Mr Martinez needs to come out of the gate swinging...

"So what you are saying is Jodi would have had to pay fines and serve time or do community service for stalking Travis, hiding in the closet, slashing his tires, breaking into all his accounts?.. then death for ultimately killing him?"

FWIW...not all abusers come from abusive childhoods. This is a joke. I here it brandied about by experts like its true. I know better. I was abused as a child and wouldn't even think of doing that to anyone! And I have four children and eleven grandchildren who would tell you so. I hate it when these so called experts repeat this. Just not true! And criminals use this as a defense all the time! Ugh, so irritating!

What about all the children that are sexually abused and then grow up to be non-abusers. What about them Alyce?

Q?
If somebody was really going to do something to someone...why be stupid enough to warn them? I doubt it is a real issue..I mean not being aggressive by nature I just do not think somebody would speak in such a way? Do you?
nobody has the right to be threatening anyone..they need to stop and think of what they are doing..it is wrong

She does that a lot -- I think it's her lower lip she sucks on and she doesn't actually have anything in her mouth. Saw that on the stand too!

MOO

Mel

Giving herself "mouth hugs"

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone else sick of JW inappropriately smiling and being so darn chipper? Someone mentioned here last week the "bend and snap" from Legally Blonde and I can't stop picturing JW doing that. :)

At sidebar, it looked like JM was saying 'who's the victim here? What victim is she talking about, he can't talk?''
and Wilmont said something like "Her foundation is that she's.."
Then looked like the judge said something about 'go ahead and ask your question, refrain from.... witness about victim ...in court'
...or something like that. That's all I could catch -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member