trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Death threats?

*sigh* FGS.
I have this mental image of torches and pitchforks...

I was just kidding about going Beserk to courthouse..

Thankfully Ghetto Bird is no longer hovering over my house..
For a minute I thought SWAT Team was going to bust in :floorlaugh:

JMSO ;)

For those asking who Mike B was ..

2m7yzko.png

"Back when I was at the shelter, we always...." Oh, good lord.

This is where the State's expert will be more relevant. ALV is quoting from so many studies that are really outdated. Some of what she has to say will always remain relevant in terms of power in relationships, but the younger generation and "courting" and "hooking up" are akin to what happened in the sexual revolution for women when they had birth control. We all have a certain degree of bias against individuals who act differently than we would in a relationship, but even for those in my generation....If I like someone and feel a great connection, I am not going to wait for months to get physical. Call me what you will, but I am not going to invest a whole lotta time into someone that I am not sexually compatible with...no way...been there, done that. Besides, the men in my age category are....well, never mind. No need to go there.

My totally lost point is this...I think the State's expert will testify to the changing times of the generations and social media and the fast paced type of "dating" that is not prevalent, and may also bring out some of the shame that Travis was feeling due to the expectations of his religion. ::::shrugs:::: I dunno. Just a thought. I think that having a younger expert will be advantageous. IMVHO

On my own personal sideBAR here I realized I had mini champagne 4 pack in my car and am stepping outside the box and drinking it with an ice cube. With my chocolate eggs. And fighting with a furniture delivery person who I'm sure wishes she had not contacted me at this particular moment to want to reschedule a delivery in Sedona in two days that I have had arranged for weeks. Oh no she di-int.

I just love you, KCL!:hero:

I HATE HER --- did you see W just say her abuser and wave her hand at the prosecution side?????????????????????

HOW DARE SHE

Many of the women don't make police reports. Does that mean the abused men do make police reports?

This testimony is getting TOO GENDER BASED!

I agree! I would say abused men are LESS likely to make police reports. Can we get something in on that?!?

i am just blown away by this bs...I'm sorry..a lot of girls get slapped around and they walk away...even if he ever slapped her once...it's not an excuse to demolish him. She wasn't even married to the guy. she lived 1000 miles away...how is this anything but total bs?

now his childhood is an excuse for murder?

get the truck outta here...

FWIW - I don't believe her Cinnabon story either! A guy thinking to print off a recipe on pink paper? Why would he have pink printer paper to begin with?

Sorry, just distracted by my own thoughts.

Was it obvious that a deputy or someone else alerted the judge about the threats?

Nothing says love like a bag of Cinnabons! :great:

If I were Nurmi...I'd reek of cinnabons every darn day and purposely breathe on Jodi! I'd make sure she smelled my breath. I'd also skip in every other day with a Starbucks strawberry frap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should make jodi live with each one of these experts for one month.
Give her a stone for sharpening knives while she's there.
I bet you wouldn't see none of them on the stand then.
If they do let her stay there,after the month is up and see how much sleep they got and what kind of gun they ha under their pillow.
Add this defense team for a month each to then we can see how frienly they would be with the defendant.

Heading out to dinner... Carry on peeps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's either self-defense, an accident, or Melanie McGuire's, "It wasn't me". Jodi has used two of those. Serial Killer Sheila LaBarre (domestic batterer who killed three young men after torturing them) used the accident and self-defense excuse at the same time for one of her victims. He tried to strangle her and then fell down and hit his head on the tub. Seriously.

It's extremely rare for a female killer to admit any criminal responsibility in a murder, especially when the victim is a man. A can you blame them when they have a legion of "feminists" ready to take up their cause? Even serial killer Aileen Wuornos had a militant "feminist" supporter who strongly advocated for her release and wrote in articles about how she killed seven men in self-defense.

BBM

JA has actually used all 3 of these. She wasn't there, the gun went off by accident and she didn't even know it was loaded and finally, it was self-defense.

On my own personal sideBAR here I realized I had mini champagne 4 pack in my car and am stepping outside the box and drinking it with an ice cube. With my chocolate eggs. And fighting with a furniture delivery person who I'm sure wishes she had not contacted me at this particular moment to want to reschedule a delivery in Sedona in two days that I have had arranged for weeks. Oh no she di-int.

Jealous!! I have to wait a few hours and limp along in a car that was taken in yesterday to get an O2 sensor, but left with a faulty clutch. I was ready to take down every mechanic and service manager in the building.

p.s. Ice is for rookies. :seeya:

I figured the broken finger scenario would pop up before long..... I was watching her hands earlier and nothing is wrong with her finger when she is unaware of the camera.

Exactly. And I came to the conclusion that the reason she would hold her cup all wonky (come on, many of us tried to do it! lol) was so that her left handed faux broken finger would be seen by all.

Strategy. Everything is a strategy!

I feel for this jury, long boring, drawn out trial.
Pray that they are still actively interested.
Now the 'family' religious holiday season
will be hard on some of them.
Hoping they aren't like FCA jury was.
thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics