trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:what: unflattering I bet. IMO they might also prove or disprove whether they REALLY had sex that day ~ n all that "jazz" if you get my drift? ;)

Agreed! There is no indication they had any sex during 'that' photoshoot but I suppose it's possible they did on an earlier or later video captured on her Olympus. TA's Sony did not take video, and TA did say in the phone sex tape that he wanted to take certain stills, and also some video. I'll have to listen (ugh) to JA's testimony again.

He knew she'd scammed him earlier, he said so. Thus, I'm perplexed why he allowed the photos that were taken to be taken at all. Unless he was thinking with the wrong head or believed having them on his camera would prevent her from blackmailing him over the pix.

But what if he only pretended to go along with her to get rid of her? What if he agreed to take photos and nothing more? btw I love when people openly say, gah, he wouldn't have sex with her. Is it true that NG said on her show that JA is allowed computer access since she is representing herself?

The photos look weird to me too. They seem strangely detached, more like shots meant to be taken with a camera phone than a real camera. They're just not sexy. TA being flaccid in the one shot isn't that appealing, and not typical of any *advertiser censored* I've seen. Unless those were just stills after they filmed a video on her Olympus. IF they took video, and with JA you can never tell when she is lying 100% or something short of that, did she keep a copy of the video somewhere before deleting it from her camera?

However, just 3 1/2 weeks earlier Travis can be heard on the phone sex tape talking in detail about the photoshoot he has in mind. He talks about specific shots he wants to capture and says, "It's going to be like legitimate *advertiser censored*." He also says he wants to take video.

Another thing: If I were shooting photos I wouldn't take just one shot of each pose, I'd be taking a slew of them so I could pick the best ones. But then others are more economical with their shots. His friends would know if taking few shots was typical of him.

But JM and Detective Flores know more than we know. While the first photo of JA is timestamped 1:42:53 and the two full-length shots of JA don't have any timestamps or other identifying information, Detective Flores wrote in his report that there are EIGHT nude photos, six of JA and two of TA, beginning at 1:40. We have only heard of four of JA and two of TA. The defense made a motion in July, 2011 concerning viewing the nude photos. For some reason they wanted to exclude two of them; perhaps they were unflattering shots?

Hi Allyne :seeya:

I'm still working through my feelings on everything we talked about and reading your informative posts.

I so agree about the photos not being sexy. :puke:

It's very rare and quite chilling to see the eyes and expression of a person who is planning on taking the life of another.

If those June 4 photos are legit (I'll believe whatever JM tells us) then it speaks volumes about JA's predominant thoughts that afternoon. In her nude photo with the braids she isn't smiling or anything. She looks like she has MURDER on her mind.

If those June 4 photos are legit (I'll believe whatever JM tells us) then it speaks volumes about JA's predominant thoughts that afternoon. In her nude photo with the braids she isn't smiling or anything. She looks like she has MURDER on her mind.

Indeed.

Have a good day all. Coffee pot is empty and it's time for me to get the day started. :seeya:

I can't wait for JM to turn the whole abuse thing around on Arias. Yes, she murdered Travis but she also abused him. I want JM to make that very, very clear. She used sex as a weapon to use and abuse Travis. Yes, he was 100% responsible for continuing to have sex with her but I don't think he ever suspected just how crazy she really is. The boy was much too naïve and gentle.

I cannot wait for rebuttal and closing!

Hi Allyne :seeya:

I'm still working through my feelings on everything we talked about and reading your informative posts.

It's very rare and quite chilling to see the eyes and expression of a person who is planning on taking the life of another.

They really were more like the different positions an MD uses to examine a patient.
These are the pics we saw.
Not something a guy would take!
Something a person who is "empty" would take.
You can google "Sims positions" to see what I mean.
It is the first pic on google search.
I don't want to post a pic I should not even though they are just drawings and no genitalia are seen.

A-Supine
D-Lithotomy
E-Dorsal Recumbent
F-Knee chest

too clinical to be sexy IMO..

:what: unflattering I bet. IMO they might also prove or disprove whether they REALLY had sex that day ~ n all that "jazz" if you get my drift? ;)

eta:
JA didn't mention "facials" in her unannounced blackmail phone recording for nothing.
She planned to have proof of it as well.
Those are pics that would not be shown to a jury IMO ~ but ya just never know I could be way off.

I believe they may have fooled around that day.
*The pics of JA may have been from before JA moved to Yreka.
something just tells me they were not taken the same day as the shower.
In my heart they did not "have sex" like JA
wanted them too. oral? maybe .other? no. jmo

Maybe there were more graphic pics.
I am glad they didn't show whatever it was.

Yep, she didn't bring up facials for nothing. She also got him to talk about the time she was sleeping on the chair next to his bed once and he woke her by removing her panties and giving her oral sex. He seemed quite proud of that on the phone call, saying there's not many guys who would do that just for fun.

He brought up cream pies, but she was quick to pretend she didn't know what that was, so he'd have to expound. Sneaky little manipulator.

He volunteered, "There have been times I, like, raped you" and she responds that he didn't. He brings up "You cannot say I don't work that booty."

She brought up the time they took a bath together and he had candles all over the bathroom. She said it made her feel like a goddess. Thinking of how that bathroom ended up is so sad. But she wouldn't have taped the call and led him to confirm certain things, such as he was planning to come visit her before leaving for Cancun, if she didn't have ulterior motives. :furious:

Don't you wonder what other sneaky stuff she pulled that we don't know about? Then and now? :what: btw just noticed the weird look in her eyes in the pigtail photo. Her eyes sometimes look strangely crossed; in that photo her right eye drifts inward. It's bone-chilling to see the face of a person less than 4 hours before they commit a murder. :eek:

Edited to say: Juli, you beat me to it and said the exact same thing! Gingr~snap previously noted that the photos in the shower sequence appear to be in the same sequence she stabbed him. Now gotta think about the new sequence she listed. Amazing.

:floorlaugh: With an ego as big as JA's, I imagine that would be devastating to her. If it knocks her down a peg or two, I'm all for it.

I'm probably harsher than many. I have zero empathy for prisoners - ZILCH! If I were running the prison system, prisoners would be begging for the death penalty. And a last meal? You gotta be kidding me!! Did their victims get a last meal? :furious:

You're a girl after my own heart. :heart: Got a big kick out of your quote above. :floorlaugh: Sure beats getting creeped out by JA! :seeya:

Miss Arias was studying her "anatomy"!
I believe that some of the stab wounds
were placed with exact precision. imo

so is this the real reason behind the "migraine" ? she saw MM name on the fifteenth supplemental list of witness?? damn, i hope so!!!

my understanding is that the 15 th addition for the state's witness list is a computer forensics person. Karmady listed earlier yesterday

Very true. In court her own attorney displayed the top of the 'other' full-length photo and noted she didn't look very happy there.

Juli said:

Very well said. Do you have any thoughts on how long she may have been contemplating murder? Her plan wasn't just devised in the 2 days between TA's 5/26 texts and the gun being 'stolen,' was it? Seems to me it was too elaborate a plan to have been devised on the spot. But then who knows.

I was trying to quote the poster who said Northern Californians say "warsh."

I grew up in Southern Calif and have lived in Northern Calif, Utah, Washington and ORegon. I never heard "warsh" until I moved to Utah.

That was me. I think I just have a weird family ;)

I'm just gonna say it one more time....then I promise I wont bring it up again!

She. Has. Food. She. Is. Just. Not. Eating. It.

Moo.

And goodnight! I love you guys so much!!! I couldn't get thru this particular trial without you...even those I disagree with--I love making my brain work! :hug: :grouphug:

Thank you! She has food but is not eating it. She thinks if she does not eat she will get something better. I bet if there were a special order that she could get a BigMac and fries and a shake at lunchtime she would eat it all and lick the paper and then think of something else to delay the inevitable like a backache or arthritis in her "jacked" finger.

I was trying to quote the poster who said Northern Californians say "warsh."

I grew up in Southern Calif and have lived in Northern Calif, Utah, Washington and ORegon. I never heard "warsh" until I moved to Utah.

Another thing us Tx's say is "I might could". Let me give you an example.

Person 1- Wanna go to the dinner tonight?

Parson 2- I might could, so long as I can finish up all this laundry.

----

I am very well aware that this is one of the most grammatically incorrect terms of ALL time, however, it just comes out. When I catch other people saying it, I will ask them if they knew they even said it, and usually they don't even know it. I didn't until someone pointed it out to me. I remember saying no I did not just say that, sure enough, I am very well aware NOW that I use that phrasing a lot.

Kinda like <modsnip> have their own speak, too.

Here's a typical breakfast for male inmates in CA prison: juice, milk, scrambled eggs or oatmeal/frits, toast, sausage/or bacon/or meat and a fresh pastry, coffee/tea (decaf). They are given a bagged lunch at breakfast containing fruit and a sandwich (they call mystery meat). I have never witnessed any inmate eating lunch. They save their fruit to make pruno (prison wine). Dinner is large. milk, meat of sorts, veggies, pudding or fruit/jello and bread. Coffee/tea decaf.

Well that upsets me that they eat better breakfast than me. prisoners shouldn't get bacon or coffee.

Well that upsets me that they eat better breakfast than me. prisoners shouldn't get bacon or coffee.

Don't worry, you wouldn't touch the "quality" bacon they are served nor the watered down coffee.

Thank you! She has food but is not eating it. She thinks if she does not eat she will get something better. I bet if there were a special order that she could get a BigMac and fries and a shake at lunchtime she would eat it all and lick the paper and then think of something else to delay the inevitable like a backache or arthritis in her "jacked" finger.

Good Morning all,

My thoughts exactly. I am not falling for the no food thing migraine thing.
It's crap for a delay because she now just might be getting a "little" nervous.

What ever happened to the right to a speedy trial? Why doesn't that apply, yet everything else does?

More importantly, why am I awake so early?

What ever happened to the right to a speedy trial? Why doesn't that apply, yet everything else does?

More importantly, why am I awake so early?

In this case the delays have come from the defense. So she still has that right but has chosen not to exercise it.

Good Morning all,

My thoughts exactly. I am not falling for the no food thing migraine thing.
It's crap for a delay because she now just might be getting a "little" nervous.

Yep. I agree. I think the case that was before hers yesterday got to her. The person was sentenced to LWOP for stabbing the victim to death. Hopefully it scared the crap out of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member