trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys- this is all just well-timed theatrics.

You think it's a coinkidink that just when her witness gets up and starts reviewing signs of abuse she grows ill??

No way. She wants everyone to think that this is her subconscious physiological reaction to reliving her trauma related to her faked abuse.

Remember - this is their cash cow witness - their closer.

Jodi is only using theatrics to emphasize the drama of the effects associated with abuse. She did her homework. It's not stress. She's not worried about anything. Disordered people don't worry, they deflect. And they focus on their perceived image. Jodi wants us to perceive her as having an obtuse reaction to her star witness.

Ain't nobody got time for that!!

I just stand on my head.

Sometimes, when I'm handcuffed and seated on the floor, I stretch forward and low, then suddenly throw my head back.

:violin: It might change my memory. :boohoo:

:floorlaugh: RFLMAO :floorlaugh:

This has probably already been said, ya'll are too fast for me to keep up with the posts, lol, BUT:

I would place a wager that the Judge made the ruling to cancel court today because "Jodi is too ill at this time" to adequately assist her attorneys in her own defense. Therefore court is cancelled. It's probably a judgement call on Judge Sherrie's behalf to lessen the risk of appellate issues for the defense to use later on after verdict and sentencing. Sadly, I truly believe this is the case. :banghead:

ITA. The Judge has limited options when the defendant claims illness. Even having JA examined by a Dr would be inconclusive and probably claimed as predjucial by DT. sigh!

If JM had asked for a cancellation because he was too ill to attend and the Judge agreed, would anyone be so angry? Or suspicious?

I want this trial over ASAP but if she is ill/claims she is ill that is a trial stopper. She is on trial for her life. She must be well enough to follow the proceedings.

Enjoy your free day, folks. Be comforted by the fact that migraine or no, JA doesn't get the day out from behind bars. No free day for her.

Now I am going off to hug my horse. Great therapy for disappointment! :great:

What happened with that?Thanks.
Which is precisely the same as when JA says a single thing about TA.

If JA says Clancy is lying, then the defense could ask JA to testify as to her version of the harassment and 'kidnapping' event.

Yes, she stamped her little hooves, pointed at something on the DT desk and you could clearly see her mouth the words: "what is this? what is this?"

Could this have been the addition(s) to the prosecution's rebuttal list? I saw that something was entered yesterday...

If it's Matt McCartney, this could go a long way toward explaining her migraine today. Then again, it COULD be her mother. :twocents:

what little of it there is.

I'm so glad to be able to watch Juan M work. I would likely have never heard of him nor would many others. He's getting some much deserved appreciation for his dedication. He could easily make tons more money on the "dark" side.

KCL, PASA and others from here who give us the low down. What great people who I didn't know of before.

Travis's family who are obviously such loving and wonderful people putting their lives on hold to bear witness for their brother.

Jodi as a warning! My sons are only 14 but know all about this case and it's given us a great chance to talk about toxic people and relationships. I have to admit they have no interest in girls yet and this probably isn't helping which is fine with me!

Gender stereotypes: time to move on. Women can kill and men can be abused and playing the poor widdle girl victim shouldn't be allowed to work for cold blooded killers. I appreciate the feminists who made it possible for me to go to law school and get a job as a lawyer. But we need to hold all people responsible for their actions. Most people aren't evil but some are and they aren't all men. That doesn't mean there aren't real abuse victims who deserve leniency but that shouldn't be done if the "evidence" only consists of stories the perp tells after the killing.

Anyway, this trial is making everyone nuts. I am so ready for Rebuttal Juan!

I'm sorry to keep harping but I am so steaming mad right now. It makes me want to quit following this trial. I can't stand how things are being run.

Not for me :)

As aggravated as I am with JA and the DT funky bunch I try and console myself that JM's closing arguement will invoke standing ovations. I might just have to take a vacation day from work to witness it.

Wow, I used to rinse my hair in Coors beer for the extra shine back in the day. How times change!

Oh, you mean you are supposed to pour Coors on your head? I thought all you had to do was drink it.

This has probably already been said, ya'll are too fast for me to keep up with the posts, lol, BUT:

I would place a wager that the Judge made the ruling to cancel court today because "Jodi is too ill at this time" to adequately assist her attorneys in her own defense. Therefore court is cancelled. It's probably a judgement call on Judge Sherrie's behalf to lessen the risk of appellate issues for the defense to use later on after verdict and sentencing. Sadly, I truly believe this is the case. :banghead:
I agree that J Stephens cannot control the schedule of the court. However, I firmly believe a more experienced and confident judge would know exactly how far they can go to prevent issues down the line. She is bending over backwards to prevent an appeal issue, but she should either know, or learn where to draw the line.
Her previous assignment was in juvenile court, and it seems she lacks the moxy it takes to run a DP trial.

ITA. The Judge has limited options when the defendant claims illness. Even having JA examined by a Dr would be inconclusive and probably claimed as predjucial by DT. sigh!

If JM had asked for a cancellation because he was too ill to attend and the Judge agreed, would anyone be so angry? Or suspicious?

I want this trial over ASAP but if she is ill/claims she is ill that is a trial stopper. She is on trial for her life. She must be well enough to follow the proceedings.

Enjoy your free day, folks. Be comforted by the fact that migraine or no, JA doesn't get the day out from behind bars. No free day for her.

Ahhhhh. Give him/her two hugs, one for us.

I betya it was JA. She was complaining of "faintness" yesterday. Fun and games for her.

Does this have anything to do with the alleged 'death threat' reported yesterday? Is she finally realizing everyone hates her? Just a though. TIA

If I was a Taxpayer in Arizona I would be THROWING A STROKE right now with all these insane delays and most of them being INTENTIONAL on the Defenses part. There is NO reason that this court shouldn't be running 6 days a week from 9 AM til 5 PM EVERY SINGLE DAY MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY!!! This is a Death Penalty Case and it should take precedent over all other cases, there are OTHER judges that could handle that other caseload and this Judge IMO has FAILED miserably in controlling the flow of this court and protecting the sanctity of Justice. It is a now officially a Sideshow Circus with all the media, the hype, the websites, the followers (Stangers) that somehow think they have a personal stake in this trial that are showing up in droves to the court. No offense but that includes myself, as I have gotten all wrapped up in it too and lest we forget that Travis's family is the REAL and TRUE ones that will suffer greatly if something happens and this there is a Mistrial declared or the Jury gets SO burnt out that they rule for a lesser charge so they can get the heck out of there like the Anthony Jury did. The Jury in this case will be sequestered when they are deliberating and when they are in the sentencing phase we can't forget that so they aren't going to to want to be locked up even more than they are already NOW!!! There needs to be serious and numerous complaints made regarding this so called Judge Stephens and the COMPLETE FAILURE on her part to maintain the court schedule so that the Taxpayers aren't being drained out of MILLIONS of dollars to defend this admitted murdered. Enough is enough. This is a travesty....This Jury is getting fatigued I would bet money on it. There is NO justifiable excuse as to why this Judge is allowing these CONSTANT delays. Court NOT starting til 10-10:30 then ending early all the time, court not running 5-6 days a week like it should be...it's pathetic the complete WASTE OF TIME and MONEY this Judge is allowing. I am just disgusted.

She was also mad at Nurmi at the end of the day yesterday too.

But I was talking of the hearing this AM in the other court room where the went into chambers, she was there with KN, JW, re the disclosure of spending etc.

That's right - JA was there, right? She was wearing her long-sleeved green shirt, right? Wow - that hearing gave her a migraine, huh? Or the fear of death?

Good points. And lets not forget - if she was forced to come to court ill, that would probably be a slam dunk appeal, because I know when I get a migraine, I can't think at all, and I wouldn't be able to participate in my own defense. If she couldn't assist her attorneys, her rights would have been egriously violated.

At the end of the day, much as I hate her, she has rights and I sure as hell don't want to live in a country where a defendent has no rights.

So trial's cancelled today because Jodi doesn't feel well? Blah

Does anyone know what happened in the hearing this morning?

Yes, she stamped her little hooves, pointed at something on the DT desk and you could clearly see her mouth the words: "what is this? what is this?"

Is this at the end? I'm looking for it on youtube, here's the last part of yesterday for everyone looking for a link ..

[video=youtube;Xt775MgSgGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt775MgSgGM[/video]

Respectfully, I think even within the circle of migraine sufferers there are different degrees and/or pain thresholds.

Before I had my DD, I would take to my bed and cry for a full day, sometimes longer. The one exception was when I was told if I didn't come in to work, I could find another job. It was excruciating and took everything I could muster, but I had to do it. I needed the job. :(

After DD was born, well, ya just don't GET sick days. I've suffered through one of her birthday parties, many a homework session, etc. Much as I'd like to absent myself and relax and care for myself, it just isn't always an option. :)

Jodi doesn't have to move, she doesn't have to speak or even concentrate. She just has to sit still and be in the courtroom. They could shoot her up with demoral FGS.

I love your" stamped her little hooves" :D

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Oh, you mean you are supposed to pour Coors on your head? I thought all you had to do was drink it

HA! Hey, drink enough and it'll make the DT listenable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState