trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmore Girls is the best! If I had to choose a series to watch over and over, it would be that one! It's the mother-daughter relationship I wish I had. I'm sure JA and her mom could not relate to it at all.

I am very very very lucky to be the mom to an amazing daughter who is exactly like Rory....unfortunately, she thinks I'm flakier than Lorelai lol....at least in the Segue/stream of consciousness/all over the place way :facepalm:

I'm sure tomorrow we'll hear all about migraines being a classic sympton of a woman trapped by DV.

Don't give her any ideas. I'm sure she has an unsupported opinion and story to go along with that too. "One time I knew a victim who had migraines! Must have been because of abuse."

:fence:So I hear a local law-yer Jim Hammer speaking on Ronn Owens (local KGO radio) this morning, subject : Jodi Arias. Jim Hammer says if defendant (killer) was so afraid of the abusive TA, then why did she let him tie her up with rope ? :what:

I doubt there was any rope, even though I think I remember seeing a tiny piece of rope, about 3 or 4 inches, in a crime scene photo. I will try to look again for it. Yet it seems the police didn't find any rope? and JA says she threw it away, you know during the fog that didn't exist.

I suspect she made the rope up to go along with one of the stories LaViolette will be telling about abuse victims and how they just go along with everything.

I live in an apartment. With no balcony.

Choose a beautiful indoor green plant, maybe like a spider plant or a prayer plant! The spider plant is great because it keeps making little baby plants and you can see life regenerating or the prayer plant well, because it's just so appropriate! JMO

Holy cow those are great!!! So cute!!! Good photography skills, I would think, would be handy in your line of work.

When moving from one type of work to another, well lets say over the age of 40 :) one benefit is we bring to it so much life experience we had that just comes in handy all of a sudden.. Who knew!

I know this will not be popular but I am glad they do not have court if she is in fact ill. Why?

Because she has to be able to participate in her defense. I don't think at this point she would fake it because this is where she gets to put her defense on that is her make it or break it points. She wants the jury to hear it. I think the issue is that she is not getting fed for long periods of time, at least that is according to Beth Karas. And I have no reason to doubt her.

If the trial goes ahead and she can not participate in her defense it could mean a reversal later. I want her healthy and strong so that this sticks. I want her to be able to understand and hear it when she is found guilty.

I want this over as much as the next guy, but I want her to get the fairest trial possible. No retakes.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. My son's tumor is Malignant, we will be going to a pediatric hospital tomorrow.
I feel like I am still in shock, but I just wanted to check in and say I miss watching the trial with you all.

I'm so so so sorry to hear that. Sending positive thoughts to you and your family. I hope he'll get the best of care.

Sheriff Joe is an idiot. I hate Jodi Arias as much as anybody here, but she is on trial here and has not yet been convicted. Persons on trial should not be subject to his BS antics. If he wants to feed prisoners two meals a day of bologna or whatever he feeds them, fine. But to pull this sh^t on a defendant during their trial is ridiculous. JA, along with all other defendants should get a lunch (sandwich/piece of fruit/drink) while at court for the whole day.

That is what she is given at breakfast. A container of peanut butter and bread plus three piece of fruit along with whatever her breakfast is (cereal, milk, etc.) It is up to the inmate to decide when they want to eat it. At 2600 calories a day it appears more as if she just is not eating. Jodi can also buy snacks at the jail store with money she has in her account. If Jodi does not want to eat I doubt they are standing over her forcing her to do so. She is on her own. jmo

I think they should approve giving her a couple Excedrin Migraine each morning. And breakfast...its costly to have trial delayed.

Heck I take a couple Advil myself. I spring cleaned a bedroom last week, I still feel it...

Sheriff Joe is an <mod snip>. I hate Jodi Arias as much as anybody here, but she is on trial here and has not yet been convicted. Persons on trial should not be subject to his BS antics. If he wants to feed prisoners two meals a day of bologna or whatever he feeds them, fine. But to pull this sh^t on a defendant during their trial is ridiculous. JA, along with all other defendants should get a lunch (sandwich/piece of fruit/drink) while at court for the whole day.

As much as I can say yes they "should" have something brown bag to court I'd say this has more to do with the fact that it's a rule across all inmates in County..

So let's not forget that if they started letting everyone going to court to take a brown bag with them then you'd have all the law suits saying someone going to court for maybe an hour wants their brown bag then of course you have those not going to court to say.. "I'm discriminated against because I DON'T have court today I only get 2 MEALS than 3 they get" yadda yadda on and on...

I do not believe it's meant as punishment but the 2 meals a day keeps costs down & deviation from that opens up lawsuits and frankly anyone who can tries to file one agains MCO plain & simple! JMO (duckin it's just my thoughts why it's like this)

HLN talking about Juan Martinez, he now has "rock star" status, well, I thought he already did, lol.
One court watcher called him "mesmerizing". And, they showed him walking outside the courthouse and he was .... smiling :smile:. I know I'm being silly, but I can't help it, he's just sooooo cute :blushing:

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. My son's tumor is Malignant, we will be going to a pediatric hospital tomorrow.
I feel like I am still in shock, but I just wanted to check in and say I miss watching the trial with you all.

Best wishes to your son, you and your entire family. My gosh...I'm speechless.

As a father of 3 young kids, I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you and your husband. Many prayers your way...

Sorry but I have no more patience for Jodi and her problems and I am expressing that.

I have a lot of anger becuase of all this family is having to go through just to be there for the trial. They are in dire straights financially becuase of it. They live out of their suit cases. All they go through just to be there, the little princess can take her meds and show up to court. Her own council had to tell another human being " I want her to take her meds". MOO but she is not being responsible in controlling her issues.

TLDR: I don't care about Jodi, I don't care if she is sick. I'm tired of the complaining about headaches, lunches, dizziness, people making faces at her, someone made a comment in the gallery and ribbons..

Maybe it should be ruled that she is too ill to be dependent enough to come to
trial since this is an ongoing issue. Prop her up in a comfortable room where she can lay down and watch it on a feed. She can yabber on with her council during the breaks.

That way this trial can go on more then a few days for a few hours a week, justice can come for this family, tax dollars won't continue to rise for the DT, Juan can move on to other cases he is now having to deal with at the same time as this one and no more attention for Jodi.

I've had enough of her.

Thank You for this post.
Just another attempt by JA to try to make herself 'the staaar' of the show. IMO
Lame attempt to show the jury she's a 'real person' ... Not the evil monster the world perceives her as.

Hey JA ...
I bet poor Travis had one helluva headache after you shot him in the head.
TRAVIS and his family are the victims.

I hope the judge says nothing more about why trial called off for the day. (as much as my personal curiousity would like details).
But if trial was called for the day b/c of JA illness - hope we and especially the jury don't hear a word about it. I do NOT want an ounce of sympathy wasted on this evil creature!!

Oh Rosemary I'm so sorry! You're all in my thoughts & prayers.

Don't give her any ideas. I'm sure she has an unsupported opinion and story to go along with that too. "One time I knew a victim who had migraines! Must have been because of abuse."

:floorlaugh: I think I feel one coming on myself. I just have no one to blame it on. lol

Yesterday on Dr Drew and today again on the HLN Kyra show someone mentioned that ALV has not talked to Jody. Vinnie Politan did not disagree.
What is the truth? Does anyone know?

Beth Karas said on HLN earlier that she has spoken with JA.

Even if she was overcharged, she won't walk since she's admitted killing him unless the judge refused to charge a lesser included and the entire jury voted to acquit on 1st degree and felony murder. Those two things will never happen together imo

My guess is that the jury would hang on the current charges and the State would take a plea rather than re-try her or, more likely imo, the Judge will charge second degree and they'll convict her of that unanimously. :twocents:

eta: I should say, this assumes they don't by self defense which, imo, goes without saying. Which is why I didn't, at first lol

Yes...it's likely that the judge will find at least some evidence to support of all the lesser included offenses, even manslaughter--given the DT's theory of the case. IMO.

From the AZ Supreme Court:

Lesser included instructions are proper if the evidence permits a jury rationally to find that “although all the elements of the crime charged were not proved, all the elements of [the] ... lesser offense[ ] ha[ve] been.” State v. Malloy, 131 Ariz. 125, 129, 639 P.2d 315, 319 (1981); State v. Lara, 183 Ariz. 233, 235, 902 P.2d 1337, 1339 (1995). We have previously held that “when supported by the evidence, instructions for second-degree murder [and] manslaughter [ ] are required in first-degree murder trials.” State v. Lamb, 142 Ariz. 463, 472, 690 P.2d 764, 773 (1984). State v. Valenzuela (1999) 194 Ariz. 404, 406.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState