trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don 't think that at all. Penalty phase----at least where I live----are pretty short. The evidence is in so it's all about punishment. I can't believe, with this set of facts, and the time they've spent that this jury isn't totally invested in doing the whole job.

This trial's been long. We haven't had a juror out sick, have we? And haven't lost any either. I really believe they WANT to see this through.

Good point!

NG seems to think Matt will be a state witness.

i am so so hoping for this :please:

i suppose its possible ive heard it mentioned he's kinda dropped off the radar but that could be for a reason.....

matt m please grow a backbone and testify against this thing :please::please:

I'm having a hard time accepting that the police didn't think fibers at a crime scene aren't important.

I don't. IMO.

Travis was stabbed over 27 times and shot in the head. What would a "fiber" have to do with that?

After the fact (Jodi had access to ALL the crime scene photos as her own attorney) she yet again, for the 3rd time, changed her story ... to fit, yet again another "story".
JMO
ETA: nothing to compare the "fibers" to, since Jodi "said" she put that non existent rope in a dumpster "somewhere". Pffffffft on Jodi and her "stories".

I'm having a hard time accepting that the police didn't think fibers at a crime scene aren't important.

They are often important if you are trying to tie a person to a scene.

fibers in someone's trunk same as blanket a body was wrapped in, for instance.

After the photos, if not earlier, the police would have had no reason to do extra testing to put Jodi at the scene.

I bet they still have the fibers and if there was ever a need to try to tie them to something, they could be tested.

Money's tight, the fibers wont deteriorate, I think they were prudent.

since it was a slow day today relatively speaking, I've been thinking about something that's been bugging me for a long time with regard to the *advertiser censored* comment and wondering if anyone else recalls this...I could swear I heard it this way...in that call from Jodi to Travis, Travis related to JA that that is how his roommate referred to her....not that Travis called her that outright...does anyone else remember this? not that this is that signficant but still

Correct.

MOO

that is correct.

and then Nurmi asks her " how did that make you feeeeeeeeeeeel?"

I think it made her feel skanky

thank you! it bugs me because then when she's asked it Travis called her names, she says yes and among other names she says *advertiser censored* is one of the names he called her and that is twisting things (surprise surprise)

I don't. IMO.

Travis was stabbed over 27 times and shot in the head. What would a "fiber" have to do with that?

After the fact (Jodi had access to ALL the crime scene photos as her own attorney) she yet again, for the 3rd time, changed her story ... to fit, yet again another "story".
JMO

Apparently someone thought they were important because they were photographed. I bet they were collected, too.

She dragged him into the shower because it had always been her plan that the event would be contained within the shower--not the tub.

What is the reason why they wake up inmates between 3-4am on days of the trial... If trial does not start till 10:30 am?

Because they can? Seriously though, I think it's to show them that they are no longer in control of their lives. :jail:

MOO

O' I think I just heard Beth Karas imply that it's Donovan who is the mouthpiece on this early rising complaint.

Well boo frickin' hoo! Why do they think Jodi is entitled to special treatment? You don't like jail? Don't slaughter your lover, it's as simple as that.

I guess it's because I'm not feeling so well tonight, but I just got a knot in my stomach thinking that CA stopped her court proceedings one day because she had a headache or something like that. Then I thought of her being found not guilty. I cannot imagine Jodi being out of jail within a few years just to do this all over again.
Someone, give me some meds and/or hope!:please:

They are often important if you are trying to tie a person to a scene.

fibers in someone's trunk same as blanket a body was wrapped in, for instance.

After the photos, if not earlier, the police would have had no reason to do extra testing to put Jodi at the scene.

I bet they still have the fibers and if there was ever a need to try to tie them to something, they could be tested.

Money's tight, the fibers wont deteriorate, I think they were prudent.

See, this is what's perplexing. Rope or no rope? Either side could test the fibers against the pillows and slippers to see if they match. The defense could test them to see if they match any known "rope" fibers. I don't think it was truly a rope but more like decorative cording.

This issue could easily be put to rest by either side if they just test the fibers. It could prove an aspect of Jodi's story or prove another lie. But neither side has tested them. WHY NOT?

What is the reason why they wake up inmates between 3-4am on days of the trial... If trial does not start till 10:30 am?

Because they bus all the inmates who have to appear in court over to the courthouse TOGETHER...so she has to go with the inmates whose hearings start at 8:30.....they don't run a taxi service.

Food, blankets whatever. Deep down I am thinking this is a Jodi tactic as "the Juan is on".

And I like Sherrif Joe, jail/prison should not be a country club vacation. You are there for an infraction on society, whether it be big or minor.

Just my little opinion.

I'm right there with you, Farm. I have a cousin who is a social worker and enjoys bringing home baked cookies for the "chain gang".

In my world, as I told her, I (and the others in the office) would be enjoying the cookies and let the chain gang know when they can live by society's rules, they can have some, too.

Please don't hate me. It's all MOO.

NG seems to think Matt will be a state witness.

Maybe so, but so many hurdles to overcome there. Matt was represented by Jodi's ex-public defender (Victoria Washington). To get past that will be huge, for attorney/client privilege, etc. IMO. Plus that guy is shady as heck. IMO.

Well boo frickin' hoo! Why do they think Jodi is entitled to special treatment? You don't like jail? Don't slaughter your lover, it's as simple as that.

Great 13th post lol!! :great:

She dragged him into the shower because it had always been her plan that the event would be contained within the shower--not the tub.

He was the most vulnerable there, cornered so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT