trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by an older couple's house yesterday to pick up their tax stuff to do their returns...one of the down sides to being a CPA...anyway, they are in their early 70s...and the woman came into the living room where her husband and I were going over their stuff to greet me, then said "Well I hate to be rude, but I gotta get back to my trial watching - I'm really into the Jodi Arias trial." Well, I about died laughing, and I said ME TOO! I watch every day! So we started going back and forth about our opinions, and her husband, a former coach, is just shaking his head. She said Fred doesn't like to talk about my trial watching, and we actually had an agreement yesterday that he would put more wood on my fire in the den so I would be warm to watch it if I would just stop talking about it for one hour.

It was too funny. He said she didn't keep her word, though. I called them this morning and he answered, and I said, ask Linda if she shakes like a chihuahua when you get mad at her. He hung up on me! LOL LOL LOL

I love those moments! I talk to my mom all the time, but during the CA trial we happened to get on the subject and I found out she was following it too!

This attorney on HLN right now talking with Mike Galanos (Bryan something or another) is my least favorite TH.... ever! :furious:

Westies, does your name refer to west highland terriers?

I have a Jack Russell terrier named Daisy...she's 12 pds and a killer...
DH...is from the Highlands...his name is Wullie and he's thinks JA is a bit*h...
just sayin...while I'm waitin...:crazy:

i have to stop watching HLN. do these defense lawyer 'experts' ALWAYS believe what the defendant says even if they aren't involved personally with the case????

I believe the sex tape was a trap for Travis, something that she used to blackmail him with later.
Unfortunately Travis can't defend himself now against this. Not that it needs to even be defended against. She was much more experienced in sex, etc. and I'm sure one of the reasons Travis responded to some of it was out of trying to placate her and he probably was just trying to keep up with her suggestions. I'm sure he wanted to appear "macho".

She is just sooooo sick!

Watch HLN: I get annoyed with the whole reasonable doubt thing. There will always be reasonable doubt in any case unless someone was right there to witness it first hand.

I wonder why the defense doesn't want their spending amounts revealed? What do they have to hide?
ETA How can it be related to her right to a fair trial?

I honestly don't get it at this point. They are nearly done with their cic, they've have already revealed their strategy -blame the victim- what's left to hide?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

I call someone a sell out when they use their "expertise" to defend someone who is beyond bad, guilty, caught on camera slaughtering a human being.

I suppose someone has to do it. My guess is that their fee's are a bit (a lot) more than those experts on the side of the prosecution. Wanna bet?

They are defending the PURELY evil even if it goes against their expertise. Then to throw book titles around is just.........vile.

THAT is the difference to me.

From FrayedKnot [Brought over from last thread]Okay, this ^ is why I thought only the DT paid their experts! But I was wrong.
So what does that mean in regard to JM's experts? (Which I just found out also get paid to testify). Are y'all going to call them
$ellouts, too?

No snark, I just really want to know if they will get picked on for getting paid, too.

So then only the prosecution should be allowed to have paid experts?

I mean, I know she is guilty, but constitutionally speaking, everyone is entitled to a fair trial. I just know that if I were ever wrongly accused of a crime I would hope I would get a fair trial and not have public opinion decide that "meh, fry her", and not allow my defense attorney to defend me. :jail:

And a lot of the criticism I read had more to do with the fact that any paid testimony was suspect. If that is so, oughtn't it apply to both sides?

I thought so when you posted the word "fixing!":floorlaugh: Howdy, fellow Texan! I used to live in Cotulla, pretty close to the border.

I see you're in the land of hurricanes. I'm in the land of no water, just dirt and wind.

I love those moments! I talk to my mom all the time, but during the CA trial we happened to get on the subject and I found out she was following it too!

At lunch yesterday with co-workers and mentioned I was "into" another trial. LOL - they rolled their eyes and shook their heads and then asked for the link. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:seeya: Since we're waiting now, or during the lunch break, please go to the News that Makes You Smile forum. I made a thread that I'd like everyone to read. It can make you smile for the rest of your life. :seeya:

Watch HLN: I get annoyed with the whole reasonable doubt thing. There will always be reasonable doubt in any case unless someone was right there to witness it first hand.

I'm not annoyed with it. I think in this case that standard has been WELL met. And we haven't yet heard rebuttal even.

I believe the sex tape was a trap for Travis, something that she used to blackmail him with later.
Unfortunately Travis can't defend himself now against this. Not that it needs to even be defended against. She was much more experienced in sex, etc. and I'm sure one of the reasons Travis responded to some of it was out of trying to placate her and he probably was just trying to keep up with her suggestions. I'm sure he wanted to appear "macho".

She is just sooooo sick!

Wait a minute. I thought she said he was her first? Not that I believed it for a second. But why did she say that?

We say fixin' too but no one here has the Texas drawl like in Dallas and places like that. In Dallas the "carry" people to the lake, they don't drive em.

I have a Jack Russell terrier named Daisy...she's 12 pds and a killer...
DH...is from the Highlands...his name is Wullie and he's thinks JA is a bit*h...
just sayin...while I'm waitin...:crazy:

Hi there,
Yes, it's all about West Highland Terriers, lol. My little girl Bonnie is the "boss" here now.
My hubby rescued a little Jack Russel terrier, he's a little lover: ):seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member