trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

Just got NG on and find out I haven't missed anything today because JA had a migraine headache.

Perhaps from doing this?
:banghead:

:D

Evening Panthera, wondering if reality is beginning to seep in for JA now DT is on supposedly last witness (for defense).

Is there a place where all the interrogation video can be put in all one thread? I would like to see as much os it as I can and it seems its just all over the place. Some of it I have never seen, and I look for everything.

I don't recall learning this. Do you have a link?

Sorry for the delay...had to get dinner on the table.

I probably should have said "discipline" rather than "supervision." I'm referring to the fact that JA kicked her dog until he ran away and never came back (?) she hit her brother over the head with a baseball bat, she kicked her mother, she didn't like the rules set down by her father so she left home at the age of 17 and moved in with her boyfriend and eventually dropped out of high school.

Is this attributable to lack of supervision or lack of discipline? I don't know...I just know there was something wrong in that household...or maybe JA is, in fact, just a bad seed and it is unfair of me to place blame on her parents. Don't know.

Maybe they should have looked into those fibers a little more. Seems reasonable that Jodi used a pillow when shooting Travis took it with her along with the other stuff she took.

I don't think she used the pillow as a silencer. Had she done so, there would have been parts of the pillow fabric as well as the stuffing all over the floor.

The only thing is the roommates wouldn't know if he had 2 or 3 pillows or whatever, IMO. They're dudes. They didn't even hang out with him. So I've always thought it was possible there WAS a pillow missing. Just possible. Not saying I believe it.

One thing about that kind of fringe. If you cut it, it just frays and comes apart. It would make lousy bondage rope!

Oh, and a poster above just suggested a dog toy. That could be too. I have tug toys for my dogs that shed fibers when they play with them.

Well, they may be dudes, but they knew what color Travis' sheets were, the pattern on the comforter, how many pillows there should have been, etc. i thought that was a little odd. Not accusing them of anything, just find it strange they were all up in TA's business like that.

They never analyzed the fibers.

If they didn't, I'd just guess it's because they looked like the ones on the pillows, they knew they weren't that essential, and they spent the county's money testing their best evidence.

But this is the kind of thing defense attorneys grab hold of. It hasn't been tested? Great, we can use this to suggest it's something relevant to the case, use it in our defense, and the state cannot prove we're wrong.

Maybe the police didn't think the rope fibers were important in that they didn't believe they were rope or that rope was not used and JA made the rope and knife all up.

And if you look at the pics of TA bathroom you will see that it would be easier to move a body into the shower, about an inch off the ground, rather than a foot off the ground to lift him over the tub. :seeya:

I'll disagree about the shower vs tub being easier, but it's not crucial since we'll never know what she was thinking. :sigh:

The fibers were photographed, so I think the police did think they were important. It's at the crime scene in several places, why wouldn't it be important? I would really love to ask Flores this.

since it was a slow day today relatively speaking, I've been thinking about something that's been bugging me for a long time with regard to the *advertiser censored* comment and wondering if anyone else recalls this...I could swear I heard it this way...in that call from Jodi to Travis, Travis related to JA that that is how his roommate referred to her....not that Travis called her that outright...does anyone else remember this? not that this is that signficant but still

I don't know if I'd missed the video earlier or if it was among the newly released stuff, but I recently saw more of the initial JA/Flores interview. He asks her if she's familiar with anything with decorative tassel-like trim in TA's bedroom/house. She thinks a bit, has an aha! moment, and mentions the throw pillows Travis kept on his chair. Were those pillows gone when le arrived?

The prosecutor displayed a photo in court on the 2nd day of trial:

"Now were are back to the ‘tassels’ or threads. They are way too tiny to have been used to tie Jodi up as the defense claimed in opening argument.

OMG, prosecutor just produced a photo of throw pillows in Travis’ bedroom and sure as heck, they have tassels!!!" http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-murder-trial-day-two/

Evening Panthera, wondering if reality is beginning to seep in for JA now DT is on supposedly last witness (for defense).

It was my understanding that those who suffer from migraines have issues with bright lights. I haven't noticed her having any visual problems or acting as if she can't tolerate the light. Also if she is taking medication, wouldn't that alleviate the problem in order for her to sit in the courtroom?

Someone on NG's show did just say it could be brought on by stress.

:waitasec:

Thankfully I have never suffered from one, therefore these are legitimate questions!

If they didn't, I'd just guess it's because they looked like the ones on the pillows, they knew they weren't that essential, and they spent the county's money testing their best evidence.

But this is the kind of thing defense attorneys grab hold of. It hasn't been tested? Great, we can use this to suggest it's something relevant to the case, use it in our defense, and the state cannot prove we're wrong.

I'm having a hard time accepting that the police didn't think fibers at a crime scene aren't important.

<br />
<br />
LUV this--my hubby says "there's a spatter on the wall"--I say paint or grease spatter--he says "spatter" &amp; wiggles his fingers to signal "spider".<br />
<br />
He asks "where's the ladder"--I say we don't own one--he flips his thumb to signal "lighter" for the "farplace" (fireplace).<br />
<br />
But the BEST was when he asked the grocery manager, "where do keep your a$$"--the guy just gave him the weirdest look--no signal for this one! He had to enunciate--LOL!! It's so darling, but he thinks I'm laughing at him.:blushing:

Ok you two...Ah am from Tn and Ah buhlieeve mahself to say "ice" and "five" and "haiuh" (hair) exseterah (etc) in mah bestest "nawrththun" (northern) axccent! "Giggling as I run off ova yonder"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:seeya: Well I'm frum Cane-Tuckee and we don't war no shoes

Why did Jodi drag Travis into the shower? It would have been easier to put him in the tub and she still could have washed off any DNA/trace evidence.
snipped by me

Easier to get in a tub? I don't know how high the sides of a tub at your house is, but a "standard" tub is about 14" off the floor and upwards depending. Compare that to 2-4" curb in a shower ... no brainer .... to ME. :what:

NG seems to think Matt will be a state witness.

since it was a slow day today relatively speaking, I've been thinking about something that's been bugging me for a long time with regard to the *advertiser censored* comment and wondering if anyone else recalls this...I could swear I heard it this way...in that call from Jodi to Travis, Travis related to JA that that is how his roommate referred to her....not that Travis called her that outright...does anyone else remember this? not that this is that signficant but still

that is correct.

and then Nurmi asks her " how did that make you feeeeeeeeeeeel?"

I think it made her feel skanky

I don't think she used the pillow as a silencer. Had she done so, there would have been parts of the pillow fabric as well as the stuffing all over the floor.

Yep. Plus fibers would have been in the gunshot wound as well...melted even, due to the close range (even with a tiny caliber like a .25)
Not to mention-- there was no time to go and get a pillow! :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member