DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is WHY BOTHER?

they have nothing to do with self defense or premeditation

the whole rope issue is a red-herring

BBM:

Of course it is. Remember she testified that the hand ties were lose enough for her to wiggle out of. There was some testimony by RS (or someone) that Travis cut the ropes in bed when he was climaxing ... so that is why she had to testify that there was no need to cut the rope and the knife was still in the bathroom ... soooo it was right there when she needed it. Pffft!!!

She has dug her own grave ... that's what happens when you lie ... and you lie ... and you lie ... and you lie ... and you expect people to get on board with you and save your life. Ain't gonna happen ...:jail:

I do not like Sheriff Joe. A jail is not a prison. Some of the people there are innocent, like the Latina woman who was held for three months on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant when she was actually born in this country. There are also real problems in his jail with people getting needed medical care. The COs are discouraged from calling for an ambulance because of the cost and one woman died because of it.

I agree. That sheriff is a jerk. He just thinks he can do whatever he wants.
I mean, I think JA is guilty of premeditation and should be punished according to the law, but that doesn't mean he can ignore the constitutional rights of these people. And if this creates an issue with a mistrial, which is costing everyone a small fortune, he should be held accountable for this. He isn't saving anybody money, and I'll bet in the case of the person that died, there was probably some civil lawsuits.

Aaaaaa haaaaaa!

Excellent! Thank you AZLawyer!

I guess I thought I had read that it was an easy test to run, and maybe it is, but DUH!, with no knife......

Thank you! :).

The point is, if you're going to "test" the piece of whatever to see if it's part of a "rope," you would have to have known rope fibers to test it against. There is no independent test to see if a fiber if from a rope.

So, if you had a knife known to be involved in the crime, you could test the knife for rope fibers, then test this fiber to see if it is the same. Or if you had a rope found in a dumpster with Jodi's clothes, you could test the KNOWN rope fibers against the mysterious crime scene fiber to see if there is a match.

But without known fibers, there is nothing to "match" to the unknown fiber. So nothing to test. Unless you just test to see if it matches the pillow. Which would be fine, but it wouldn't prove Jodi was lying about the rope--it would just prove that the pillows shed. ;)

Playing devil's advocate here: couldn't they compare the fibers to the pillows and sandals and match them to that? If they did not match then maybe the imaginary rope would seem like a more plausible possibility.

Sheriff Joe is an<mod snip>. I hate Jodi Arias as much as anybody here, but she is on trial here and has not yet been convicted. Persons on trial should not be subject to his BS antics. If he wants to feed prisoners two meals a day of bologna or whatever he feeds them, fine. But to pull this sh^t on a defendant during their trial is ridiculous. JA, along with all other defendants should get a lunch (sandwich/piece of fruit/drink) while at court for the whole day.

I completely agree. Two meals a day just doesn't cut it - for anyone. I know a lot of us really, really, really don't like JA (how's that for understatement?) but we keep our humanity intact anyway, yes?

Besides, no one wants her looking like a pale, emaciated victim in front of the jury!

Well, there you go. Ms. Donovan called to complain. :what:
If Jodi is there that early, then she should nap before trial and at the lunch. She is entitled to purchase candy, cookies, protein bars, etc, why doesn't she eat one just before she leaves, or get permission to bring one with.
Maybe Jodi wants Donovan figure!
Is there any medical proof that JA has migraines, or is that just something she's lied about..........um claimed?

:floorlaugh:she NEVER told Travis she had a "headache"

well maybe once.

:seeya: Well I'm frum Cane-Tuckee and we don't war no shoes

Ok.. Y'all got me O/T on this accent stuff so... I'm from IN but where I'd like to say you're only 1 1958 Studebaker tank of gas from.. Rock Castle County KY Berea, KY

With that being said I've enjoyed the comments on accents but We have oddities such as:

Warsher: washer
Spigot: faucet/tap
Sweeper: vacuum
Davenport: couch/sofa
Commode: toilet
Tabogan: Knit winter hat
Mangos: Green Peppers
Paw Paws: Plantains
CoCola: Coca Cola
Sawmill Gravy: Sausage gravy minus sausage
Run thru Garden: Sammich w/ all avail vegis
Het: Heated up (food like I Het up tater soup in microwave)
Buttermilk w/ salt, pepper & cornbread
Mush: left over grits fried in patties in bacon grease served with olio & syrup

IDK those are a few "Oddities" for my folk Thought I'd share ;) :floorlaugh:

If the domestic abuse witness sees Jodi as the victim, she stated they don't wont to upset the abuser... so why would Jodi get a GUN thinking it would stop him, if she was more likely to think it would make him more mad?
Pretending any of her story could be true, why not believe he was trying to stop her; she is smaller than him, he may have thought his only chance was to tackle her, and get the gun away from her.
Also, was she the victim when she stabbed him in the back the 1st time? 2nd time? 3rd time? 4th time? etc. etc. slit him 6 inches across the throat? Left him in a shower to rot?

I agree. That sheriff is a jerk. He just thinks he can do whatever he wants.
I mean, I think JA is guilty of premeditation and should be punished according to the law, but that doesn't mean he can ignore the constitutional rights of these people. And if this creates an issue with a mistrial, which is costing everyone a small fortune, he should be held accountable for this. He isn't saving anybody money, and I'll bet in the case of the person that died, there was probably some civil lawsuits.

I agree. It ain't that hard to send someone off with a bologna sandwich. They have these already made and pre packaged to distribute to people in holding tanks waiting to be processed in or out of jail.

But you can't prove there was no rope (therefore no knife) just by testing the fiber. At most you could prove that this little string came from a pillow, e.g. So the pillows shed tassel fibers...now what? Jodi's silly rope story could still be true even if Travis's pillows shed tassels. Better to prove it false by showing how it's not in any pictures and she can't even keep the rope story straight.
I believe the test for weather there was a rope is a common sense one. She rushed around cleaning the crime scene , still leaving her own handprint, and other vital evidence, yet she took the time to LOOK for BOTH pieces of the "rope" which was not incriminating to her in any way?
The rope story was for one reason only - to account for the knife.

Originally Posted by kscornfed
"Excellent question. I think the 'torn out pages' were completely bogus. Another thing they know the state can't prove."

I think those torn out pages were bogus too! Who tears out pages and then saves them?

Travis did ask Arias for money - the money he loaned her and the car payments for the BMW she trashed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I completely agree. Two meals a day just doesn't cut it - for anyone. I know a lot of us really, really, really don't like JA (how's that for understatement?) but we keep our humanity intact anyway, yes?

Besides, no one wants her looking like a pale, emaciated victim in front of the jury!

:goodpost:

I know I'm going to take flak for this, but prison shouldn't be a torture chamber. I hope we've moved beyond the middle ages. JMO

Did JA reallllyyy say "you're so weird anyway" to Detective Flores in the interrogation tape?? What a crazy person.. Who says that to an officer..

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

NG's producer Matt always sound so breathlessly excited by every word out of his mouth. Calm down.

Ok I've got to Quote on of my fave movie lines ever.. Biloxi Blues..

"Breathe Baby breathe.. you ain't breathin'.. baby you gotta breathe.. aww there ya go baby"

LOVE THAT!

ps It's line from scene: 1st time w/woman at a "House of Nuisance" or "House of Ill Repute" ;)

Well, she knew Interstate 10 pretty well when she lived in Palm Desert and drove to Travis' house pretty often after they met. I-10 was a straight shot over to Mesa. Him asking for money? Pu-leeze.

My response exactly. I still get the response that maybe she would travel to Death Valley to take pictures. It was almost 9pm when she left Pasadena. I have given up arguing. This "earth is flat society" will make any excuse.

I agree. It ain't that hard to send someone off with a bologna sandwich. They have these already made and pre packaged to distribute to people in holding tanks waiting to be processed in or out of jail.

SHE GETS 2600 CALORIES A DAY! That is more than enough to keep extra weight on her - she is clearly NOT eating the 2600 cal a day she currently is given. If they give her another bologne sandwich she is not going to eat that either. Her plan is to be as frail and sickly as possible and garner sympathy. It seems it is working!

It was my understanding that those who suffer from migraines have issues with bright lights. I haven't noticed her having any visual problems or acting as if she can't tolerate the light. Also if she is taking medication, wouldn't that alleviate the problem in order for her to sit in the courtroom?

Someone on NG's show did just say it could be brought on by stress.

:waitasec:

Thankfully I have never suffered from one, therefore these are legitimate questions!

Or the migraines/headaches could have been brought on by wearing fake eye glasses.

:goodpost:

I know I'm going to take flak for this, but prison shouldn't be a torture chamber. I hope we've moved beyond the middle ages. JMO

In fact, the only torture chamber in this saga is TA's bathroom! Sorry if I cannot work up a lot of sympathy for JA's caloric intake.

Travis did ask Arias for money - the money he loaned her and the car payments for the BMW she trashed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Even then it was a modest $100 a month. I wish someone would give me a loan like that. I really hate that monster.

I think this is actually typical for BPD/Sociopathic.. I really don't think there was anything her family could probably done except put her into treatment center before she was 18..

I only say this because the left home by age 17 could have been chalked up to rebellious teenage crap. BUT the baseball bat was when she was young like under 8yrs old which was old enough to know better! Sorry but jmo 3yrs old you may not know hitting brother in head is wrong but come on at 5, 6, 7 or 8 yrs old?? No way that was 1st sign! And the kicking the dog until it ran away?? Another Sign! Add in hitting her Mother that's yet another Sign!! (I feel like Bill Engvall :floorlaugh:)

Sometimes hindsight is 20/20 but just remember these are the "incidents" are just the ones WE KNOW OF.. think what we don't know!!!

I once had a friend who came from a family of four children. Three were upstanding. law abiding, successful, honest people. And guess what? Second to the oldest was not as bad as Jodi, I don't think he was capable of murder, but always always getting in trouble, drinking, drugs. So how can it be the parents? Sometimes it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required