trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
..darn...I missed today...
I was in cottage country with no wi-fi, and normally I love that...
This is the first rial I have followed mainstream, and as much as I appreciated and cherished nature ...there was still a part of me that was upset because I was missing the trial...
I will now read and catch up...
Take care all....
And a Good Friday to everyone....

Has anyone heard about what happened with the one on one juror discussions about seeing Juan take pictures? Are there any forums where the people are at the courthouse.

Brief summary appreciated, please. Didnt get to watch today and something came down?

AV continued on the stand with her "men are always the perpetrators" and "Man = Abuser" bs.

The emails from the Hughs (the one's using the word pedophile) are trying to be sneakily brought to the jurors’ knowledge with AV implying the emails proved Travis was abusive.

The judge is considering interviewing all of the jurors to see if they witnessed JM taking a photo with 1or 2 women and signing some autographs on the court steps.. This was, of course, Nurmi's idea.

The jury may only meet for mornings next week.

The trial may last forever and ever and ever and ever.

And that leads me to posting another article, the US Dept of Justice Report on Family Violence which states that males comprised 24% of victims of abuse at the hands of a boyfriend or girlfriend and 25% of victims killed by a boyfriend or girlfriend.

"Approximately 60% of family violence victimizations were reported to police between 1998 and 2002. The reporting rate among female victims was not significantly greater than the reporting rate among male victims."

Which ALV chalks up to under-reporting females.

I wanna see it, was it recorded??? :please:

Yes.... I enjoyed the part where Nurmi ask him if he called him a snake! :snake: Here ya go:

[video=youtube;z4bTzT-c0DI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4bTzT-c0DI[/video]

Thanks - then how does ALV get to talk about them?

Being moved into evidence "for this hearing only" doesn't preclude them from being introduced at trial, it just means that they have to re-introduce them if they want to use them in trial. Hearsay exception Rule 703 allows an expert to use hearsay evidence (i.e., the emails) if it is used as part of the underlying basis for for her opinion, if that evidence's probative nature outweighs its prejudicial effect. As I mentioned in an earlier post, that hearing concerning the admissibility of the emails being used in ALV's testimony certainly took place some time ago, and the judge overruled the state's objections and is allowing her to talk about them.

I was thinking I might have to report you. aren't you ashamed for your agressive behavior?

Based on the domestic violence continuum? Don't worry, over the weekend I'll cool off (honeymoon phase) and get riled up again on Monday.

I just got banned from THAT site, for the second time, for responding to a comment made by one of their members. My comment wasn't posted either....of course. They don't know how to think outside the box.

Member ******* says:
March 28, 2013 at 2:52 pm
And now it comes out that close friends of Travis have said that he was abusive to women. How is that for evidence?

And I said: What are the names of those women that have been abused. Will they be called to testify? They certainly should testify. Without a name and a face it’s a hard story to believe. Maybe Sky Hughes lied to Jodi to get her to stay away from Travis because she didn’t like Jodi and thought Jodi was bad for Travis. Ya think??

I watched a clip on who is running that site and it was very 'insightful'. They live in Pakistan and also ran the Casey Anthony site too. All posts that are not pro Jodi are deleted. I think it was a Youtube clip the other day. :coffeews:

Just like when Willmott asked her if every child who grows up in abusive houses become abusers.. She said there was no way to know because they can't ask everyone out there. Wouldn't the logical answer be No? Does she not know of one single person who grew up with violence and abuse who didn't inflict violence and abuse as an adult?? Ughhh!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

So by her logic JA would be an abuser.

I think this is what you're looking for.

[video=youtube;z4bTzT-c0DI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4bTzT-c0DI[/video]

ETA: Oops - Just wanted to put the link in. I hope it is okay that the video is posted. If not, I'd be happy to remove it.

Do they have access to computers in jail/prison? ty

Not Sherriff Joe's Digs....but some do (check out the prisoner 'eharmony' sites..) but I always wonder if JA 's team doesn't allow her some web time for good behavior....:what:

Being moved into evidence "for this hearing only" doesn't preclude them from being introduced at trial, it just means that they have to re-introduce them if they want to use them in trial. Hearsay exception Rule 703 allows an expert to use hearsay evidence (i.e., the emails) if it is used as part of the underlying basis for for her opinion, if that evidence's probative nature outweighs its prejudicial effect. As I mentioned in an earlier post, that hearing concerning the admissibility of the emails being used in ALV's testimony certainly took place some time ago, and the judge overruled the state's objections and is allowing her to talk about them.

Gotcha - Thanks!

Yes. I agree. From seeing the Hughes on 48 hours or some such show, they loved Travis. I think it was more of a "yes, Jodi, you are right. He doesn't treat you right. You should just move on...I wouldn't even let my sister date him" I truly do not believe it was that they were AGREEING with or SUPPORTING JA in any way.

Shoo fly....go away kind of thing.

I agree

I heard a friend of Sky on HLN talking about ja showing up at Sky's home, wanting to know why Sky hated her....Sky told her to leave and she went into the kitchen where this friend was.

Talk about stalking behavior. ja is freakin scary imo.

she can't take no for an answer. a spoiled 32 yr old brat.

I see she has a new top on today, wonder if MS had to get it for her to get her to quit faking the headaches???? wouldn't surprise me.

What an ugly monster!!!!

Wondering if this is the reason some people have noticed a certain lopsidedness with JA recently:

Saline Breast Implant Life Span?
I really is up to you but as I tell my patients, the most economical thing to do is wait until one goes flat!! In most cases, you will get one or both of the implants replaced at no charge and in my practice, I don't charge patients a surgeons fee to replace a deflated implant. I don't ever want cost to be a reason for a woman to walk around with a deflated implant!! But many women are proactive and don't want to wait until that fateful day!!!

Maybe one of her discount enhancements is starting to deflate?

I would be beyond livid if the taxpayers had to pick up the tab for anything relating to this!

which site? i got banned from posting on a facebook site that i never even posted on in the first place. I had "liked it" and then one day went to post something and there was no box for me to post in! lol

it was a pro TA site, too. I think they confused me with someone else, and pulled got excited and pulled the trigger finger too fast. AND, there are no mods to complain to, and no one to leave messages with.

So their error. now I won't even read it if I cannot post. They should be more careful about who they are accidentally banning from posting.

I just got banned from THAT site, for the second time, for responding to a comment made by one of their members. My comment wasn't posted either....of course. They don't know how to think outside the box.

Member ******* says:
March 28, 2013 at 2:52 pm
And now it comes out that close friends of Travis have said that he was abusive to women. How is that for evidence?

And I said: What are the names of those women that have been abused. Will they be called to testify? They certainly should testify. Without a name and a face it’s a hard story to believe. Maybe Sky Hughes lied to Jodi to get her to stay away from Travis because she didn’t like Jodi and thought Jodi was bad for Travis. Ya think??

Yep, I watched it on YouTube since I didn't see it live. I can't remember what day that was though. I think someone else posted a link to it a page or so back.

hmmmm I thought those were the phone numbers? He asked Chris to write down Chris and his wife, Skye's phone numbers. I thought that was what was under seal.

You could be right about that, but either way, any evidence introduced in that hearing was likely for the purposes of that hearing only.

I don't see how Skye can clean up what she wrote in her email when she said she wouldn't let her own sister date TA due to the abusive way he treated previous women.

Gah! Just lost my reply to you!

In a nutshell: There's no way to know what Skye meant or how she defines 'abusive' unless she testifies herself. That the DT is using this weird workaround makes me wonder what they don't want to come out (or in).

Bigger point: How much of SH's perceptions were based on what JA told her? Does anyone think that JA *wouldn't* be manipulating the Hughes (and everyone else) to suit her needs? No.

I would be surprised if JA isn't behind this - telling SH any number of things about Travis (divide and conquer - Travis' best friends took Travis' attention away from her, and THEY didn't like her... so, there you go).

It's what she does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member