trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Andrews testified that he was sleeping with Jodi while they were in an exclusive relationship. That is a cheater, which is different than an abuser, to me.

But we never found the woman/women Travis cheated on Jodi with...
Don't have names let alone testimony.
Well Jodi named that one woman (can't remember the name except that it reminded me of apples) who went on HLN saying she did not have any sort of sexual relationship with Travis.

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

Interrogation tapes now on NG's program.......

better than courtroom testimony I'm sure!

:D

Posting this in the new thread since by the time I finished writing it the old thread got closed...

There is a universe of difference between being emotionally abusive and physically abusive. Travis was unfortunately emotionally abusive to the women he dated by not telling them where they really stood with them in whatever the relationship was, not telling them about other women he was seeing, using Jodi for sex and saying mean things about her behind her back, etc. But all of that is just typical "player" male bad behavior that we all know well and have probably dealt with ourselves with men we've dated or had serious relationships with.

I agree wholeheartedly with most of your post except the snipped part. Being "played" by a guy is not being "emotionally abused":

What is Emotional Abuse?

Abuse is any behavior that is designed to control and subjugate another human being through the use of fear, humiliation, and verbal or physical assaults. Emotional abuse is any kind of abuse that is emotional rather than physical in nature. It can include anything from verbal abuse and constant criticism to more subtle tactics, such as intimidation, manipulation, and refusal to ever be pleased.
Emotional abuse is like brain washing in that it systematically wears away at the victim’s self-confidence, sense of self-worth, trust in their own perceptions, and self-concept. Whether it is done by constant berating and belittling, by intimidation, or under the guise of “guidance,” “teaching,” or “advice,” the results are similar.http://www.counselingcenter.illinois.edu/?page_id=168

In other news, I missed all day except a tiny bit around 11:30 or so. I was at court. What happened? What was significant? Did any of our trial watchers go? Did cross begin? TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I think Chris has talked enough. What is the relationship between Chris & Sky Hughes and Travis' family at this point, anyone know? TIA

Chris is the one who got things going on the paypal account to help the family with expenses they are drowning in due to attending the trial. He is helping raise money for them. He had to convince them to do this, I would say they are on good terms.

One thing in that exchange with Chris Hughes was nurmi pointing out that JM wanted TA's email end of it kept out. When JM was objecting, nurmi says 'he wanted this kept out...now does he want it in?' Or something like that. So now I'd like to know what THAT email said.

I would think just legally speaking JM would want anything/anyone that can't be cross examined or direct examined be kept out. But I honestly don't know.

All I know ja was a nightmare for TA until the day he died, I believe that because of what I have heard in court. I can't imagine what hell that young man went through.

Why is there total radio silence from Jean C. on HLN tonight? I would have thought it would be JVM's leading story: "HLN's own Jean C. ON THE STAND!!"

Theories?

What the heck was this about?

So, my neighbor stops by after work to watch some trial with me and says, "I think AL has a crush on Jodi". I ask him why he would think that and he says. "well, she bought her even more gifts than Dr $ did". LOL, that is the POV of one male watching this trial without benefit of any internet forums or other forms of info, only what he sees in trial.

So, that makes me wonder, if all he sees is just the trial and no other input, and feels Jodi is a lying sociopathic murderer, does the jury see it that way? Everytime he comes into my living room and the TV is showing Jodi, he goes - - - "ugh, I can't stand the sight of her"!!!

But we never found the woman/women Travis cheated on Jodi with...
Don't have names let alone testimony.
Well Jodi named that one woman (can't remember the name except that it reminded me of apples) who went on HLN saying she did not have any sort of sexual relationship with Travis.

I don't think she ever alleged he actually cheated on her. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT believe he mistreated her. It sounds to me like he behaved the way a lot of guys behave when they like a chick but aren't sure about committing.

do you recall what chris said about it? i don't!

Sorry for the late response. He asked a number of times for the email from Travis to which he was responding because he wanted to know the context of his statement that Travis was being "abusive" to JA. Nurmi would not provide him with the contextual, or surrounding, emails. You can watch Chris Hughes' testimony in the following link, starting at 25:00 min.

[video=youtube;2QodsaSRoDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QodsaSRoDg[/video]

Interrogation tapes with Jodi saying Travis "guilted her" into things. Guilted her! Did she feel guilt driving all the way to AZ knowing full well Travis didn't expect her visit, or expect that knife and gun? Jodi is incapable of guilty feelings after she kills a man three times in the sanctuary of his own home, and to this date continues to destroy every molecule of Travis with the whole world watching. She's going through a Death Penalty trial and still isn't aware she's guilty.

The interrogation tapes are gold, revealing so much about Jodi.

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

Interrogation tapes now on NG's program.......

better than courtroom testimony I'm sure!

:D

Good Evening. They have been playng the tape for 12 minutes without Nancy interrupting. I am wondering why Nancy isn't unleashing the lawyers.

I don't think she ever alleged he actually cheated on her. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT believe he mistreated her. It sounds to me like he behaved the way a lot of guys behave when they like a chick but aren't sure about committing.

I thought JA DID say TA cheated on her... I could be wrong.
Anyone know for sure?

I don't get the feeling that TA treated JA all that well - like when he was trying to get her to go the eff away.

Why aren't they reading the emails instead of summarizing?

If I understand it correctly, the expert can't read the email out loud because it would be hearsay. But, I think she can form an opinion about what she read and can state that in court. Who knows, I'm probably way off base - I hope someone more knowledgable than me can pipe in.

I am certain the defense doesn't want Chris or Sky Hughes on the stand, think they know it would be a minefield for ja.

Not sure what JM is thinking, heck if 1/2 truths get in why not let it all in, get Chris and Sky to clear it up. I am sure they can clear it up and it won't be pretty for ja. IMO.

Can any of the lawyers here help out with this?

If the Hughes are on the DT witness list, can they be called by the prosecution, as in a witness list is for the court, or does the prosecution have to submit their names on a prosecution list?

I would love to see the 6 hour unedited 48 Hours interview that ALV spoke today of reviewing.

I would also love to see the 4 (or more) hour police interrogation video.

:computer:

Now THAT would be a fun get together for locals to have.
If I wasn't ashamed of my run down lil house I'd host one for metro Atlanta!

The whole thing start to finish and an open bar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member